Whats Next?

reptilesmile

So MK9 has been out for almost 5 months, DLC has been released, MK Arcade Kollection has been released.

Soooo, whats next. I would like have something to look forward to.

Maybe a new MK adventure game? Maybe a sequel to MK9, hell, even UMK9.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind seeing some more offline content, additional stages or fatalities. We have enough characters for now IMO, they should work on balancing what we got and bug fixes before adding more

A new story mode from the villains point of view where they win would be cool

Aside from dlc, which I'm sure we'll see more, I think there will be a direct sequel. Not for another 2 years though probably. This game was a hit and they clearly set it up for another to be made.

more dlc would be nice, like arenas and kostumes.
But to be honest, I'm pretty content with the game the way it is, until MK10

I find myself wondering this all the time.
What IS Warner's/NRS' next big move?
How will they pick up where they left off with MK9?
Will it be a retelling of MK4?
And what of Shinnok's appearance at the end?
I need answers, DAMN IT!!! :x

I wouldn't mind NRS bringing back some of the better kharacters from the 3D era, but a retelling of MK4 doesn't really interest me. IMO, it's too early for MK10, MK9 isn't that old.

I'd like to see

- MK9 on the PS Vita
- An adventure game
- MK kharacters appearing in other games as guests to keep the MK name out there, they don't have to be fighting games.

MK FIRE AND ICE!!!!

If you don't know what that is, its like Shoalin Monks, but the story goes around Sub-Zero and Scorpon.....

I would like a MK adventure game, Fire and Ice based on these ideas. :p

This is a really awesome idea. Perhaps you could add on more which could then be a plot for fire and ice game. The game could start off with us choosing either Hanzo Hasashi or Bi Han and follow their respective adventures/story starting with their younger days, when they were just recruits and progresses to the events of MK mythologies and the showdown in which Hanzo would be killed. From here we follow the story from how scorpion got resurrected and till he eventually kills Bi Han.
Then later, after Kuai Liang escapes the cyber initiative of the lin kuei, he and scorpion could team up seeing common enemies in the brotherhood of the shadow led by Quan Chi and Noob and Lin Kuei led by Sektor.

I think this would be the best route to go by if at all NRS plans to make a fire and Ice game featuring scorpion and sub zero, even though the latter part of the story is not canon. But since a whole lot of events in MK shaolin monks wasnt a canon, i guess it wont be a problem.

As far as gameplay is concerned, though I havent played the assasin's creed games, I saw some vids and I love the free roam feature. I would like it to be a combination of Mk deception komquest mode and Mk shaolin monks, where you will be able to interact with people and do quests for them and at the same time along with the main quest. It would be really fascinating to explore various places at earthrealm, outworld, netherealm or even Edenia in so much more depth.

For the combat system I would like it to be predominantly based on MK Shaolin monks but to be taken to a whole new level. One of the main disadvantage in using scorpion or sub zero in shaolin monks were their weak projectiles. Sub didnt have any enhanced ice ball and scorpion's spear missed the target most of the time. Also these did very little damage making boss fights (especially baraka) ridicously hard. Maybe its just me, but I feel they should be given another projectile for the next game which damages opponents than just imobolise them.
Scorpion could have ,throwing kunais (as Hanzo Hasashi) and fireball (as scorpion). Sub Zero could have throwing ice daggers as a projectile attack.

These are the special moves I would like to be included in the game, basically all the special moves these characters had in the fighting games.

Scorpion/Hanzo
Damaging projectile: Fireball (scorpion), throwin kunai (hanzo)
Immobolizing projectile: spear
Teleport punch
Backflip kick
Hellfire(scorpion), Exploding powder (Hanzo- Hanzo throws a small bag of exploding powder beneath the opponents feet and engulfing them
in fire)
Fire breath

Sub Zero- Bi han/Kuai Liang
Damaging projectile: throwing ice dagger
Immobilizing projectile: ice ball
Ground freeze
Ice slide
Cold shoulder
Ice shower

I would also like some special weapon based dedicated combos which could do higher damage but has a recharge time and also leaves us more exposed to attacks/or if we get attacked, we loose Hp more etc. Also would like to see scorpion use his spear in a similar fashion to how chain sickles are used by Ninjas along with his swords.

As for the fighting system in general, i would like it to be similar to the one in MK9.where we have a number of preset combos, which could be linked together and could end with special attacks, weapon combos etc.

Another important feature I would like is some RPG elements of upgrading specials and unlocking combos etc. Hanzo's throwing Kunai could evolve from a single kunai throw to a faster one, then to a kunai in flames, to kunais hitting multiple targets etc. Sub Zero's ice ball could evolve to a single ball that freezes a single target, then to multiple ice balls that freezes many target, followed by ice beam hitting multiple targets etc.

Along with these I would also like to customize scorpion's/sub Zero's attire,armour and weapons. For example Sub Zero could start off with just ninja garbs, with a cloth covering his face and his ice powers/daggers arent that strong. Later after gaining enough experience/gold you could buy better equipment such as face masks, arm guards, shin guards chest plates, garbs that enhances stealth where it would take a while for opponents to detect you or a special glove that enhances freezing abilities or some of them could be discovered such as sub Zero's ancestral armour, from the ice caves at outworld.
But sadly, it is highly improbable that a game featuring all the concepts above will come into frutition, mainly because, the storyline extends over a hell lot of events and a large time frame. Also trying to put together a game with all those features would require lots of space or memory. But free roam games with MASSIVE content have been done before (just cause 2), its just that I think NRS themselves won't be able to pull it off. But if at all NRS or any other company are able to recreate those ideas into a game, there is no doubt, that it would be a huge success even with non mk fans.:)
Dude, would I LOVE this idea in an MK: Fire and Ice game.
Good ideas, Flying Jinko.

Here are a few ideas that you mentioned, plus a few more that I had, after I saw Sub-Zero's MK9 ending:

- The Scorpion and Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) pre-MK 1 rivalry (with Quan Chi betraying them)

- The Scorpion and Sub-Zero battle leading to Sub-Zero's wrongful death at the hands of Scorpion.

- MK 1 Sub Zero being re-born as Noob Saibot.

- Cyrax and Sektor before and after they became cyborgs

- Cyrax and Sektor hunting down MK II Sub-Zero and Smoke

- MK II Sub-Zero and Smoke escaping the Lin Kuei

- Smoke being captured (as homage to MK 3)

- Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion joining forces

- Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion destroying the Lin Kuei for destroying their families (like in Sub-Zero's MK 9 endnig)

- Scorpion and Sub-Zero fighting against Quan Chi and Noob Saibot (as an end fight, where they get revenge for his betrayal)

Maybe there could be and ending cut-scene where Noob Saibot is no longer under Quan Chi's control, and he becomes the NEW ruler of the NetherRealm.

I was always hoping for a modern remake of Mk: Mythologies. Except this time of course use multiple characters, co-op, and unlockables. Just for the hell of it, put in a versus mode, even though it may be crappy