Anyone battled reptile or had any clues yet ?

danduffy

I haven't had either, played through loads of times.

I've had no shadows at the moon or nothing, i read it was every 20 battles or something, but i'm sure i've done more battles then that.

Reptile in MKAK....(MK1)

Just wondering if anyone has fought Reptile in MK1 as of yet? I've been playing quite a bit and still have yet to see the shadows fly across the moon for that matter....:banghead:

Re: Reptile in MKAK....(MK1)

i think the different versions you can fight reptile like all the different mk1 arcade version t unit y unit etc..

You have to beat an opponent at the pit stage level double flawless victory ending with a fatality. Throwing him down the pit is not considered a fatality. That is when you face Reptile at the pit bottom.

Once again, you have to beat an opponent at the pit stage double flawless victory ending with a fatality.

Come to think of it, no. I read the shadows over the pit have a 1:6 chance of occurring (not sure if true) but I've never seen 'em. Haven't seen a Reptile clue either.

It'd be nice if each time you exited the game, it saved instead of resetting the ROM each time you play. That way it would seem that the machine is always "on" when you return to it. Little things like this and always starting out having to deal with Jade in UMK3 would be solved if they did this in a patch.

To omied above me -- Have you gotten to Reptile in this version? The original arcade needed the requirements you've stated, PLUS moon shadows. Home ports like the SNES removed the requirement.

Come to think of it, no. I read the shadows over the pit have a 1:6 chance of occurring (not sure if true) but I've never seen 'em. Haven't seen a Reptile clue either.

It'd be nice if each time you exited the game, it saved instead of resetting the ROM each time you play. That way it would seem that the machine is always "on" when you return to it. Little things like this and always starting out having to deal with Jade in UMK3 would be solved if they did this in a patch.

To omied above me -- Have you gotten to Reptile in this version? The original arcade needed the requirements you've stated, PLUS moon shadows. Home ports like the SNES removed the requirement.

Interesting, never thought about it. I've never seen the moon shadows in the MKAK version. It worked on the deception kollectors edition MK1

I read the shadows over the pit have a 1:6 chance of occurring

Yeah, that sounds about right. I used to get it around my third consecutive playthrough (assuming I lost at least one match before the 3rd endurance each time).

It'd be nice if each time you exited the game, it saved instead of resetting the ROM each time you play. That way it would seem that the machine is always "on" when you return to it.

That's what makes it such a pain in the ass. You have to play through multiple games every single time you want to fight Reptile (or lose a match and continue over and over and over and over again).

I haven't seen the shadows/fought Reptile in this version yet (only played it once), but I might check later today. I can't imagine they've somehow been omitted, though, since it'd actually be more work to take them out.

Okay, I just fought him, beat him and Fatalitied him as Scorpion, so there's everybody's answer. The shadows came up on the 7th time I fought at the Pit, if I recall correctly.

You have to beat an opponent at the pit stage level double flawless victory ending with a fatality. Throwing him down the pit is not considered a fatality. That is when you face Reptile at the pit bottom.

Yes, I know the requirements to face Reptile....I was pondering whether or not anyone had faced him yet. (Just seen the shadows across the moon earlier this afternoon, but I got hit. :p)

Yes, I know the requirements to face Reptile....I was pondering whether or not anyone had faced him yet. (Just seen the shadows across the moon earlier this afternoon, but I got hit. :p)

Yeah i still haven't had him pop down before a match or seen any shadows yet, hopefully i will see the shadows today and get the double flawless and fatality.

That being said, it should of been a trophy/achievement for fighting reptile, as it's so bloody hard.

I just thought of something, say your playing online and the shadows come up and you get the requirements to fight reptile, will the losing player be forced too watch you battle reptile ??

Or would it possibly glitch making the losing player take control of reptile ??

I just thought of something, say your playing online and the shadows come up and you get the requirements to fight reptile, will the losing player be forced too watch you battle reptile ??

Or would it possibly glitch making the losing player take control of reptile ??

That's an interesting question....HMMMMM...??

You have to be in a one-player game to fight Reptile. The shadows can still come up in two-player, but getting a double flawless with a Fatality won't trigger anything.

I just noticed an error a little bit ago....I actually got to Reptile, beat him and did the fatality on him, the screen displayed the "YOU'VE DEFEATED REPTILE!!! 10,000,000 POINTS!!!" However the 10 million points did NOT get added to my score....???? WTF!?

Reptile MK1 Fight in MKAK??

Just wondering, I don't think he is, Ive searched online and think if he was he would be in those little snippets of trivia at the bottom of load screens. Kind of fails that he isn't anyone know anything bout it? MK1 Reptile Fight

Re: Reptile MK1 Fight in MKAK??

It's the arcade versions of the game, so he's definitely in it. They wouldn't change something like this.

I have yet to see shadows flying past the moon though.

Just wondering, I don't think he is, Ive searched online and think if he was he would be in those little snippets of trivia at the bottom of load screens. Kind of fails that he isn't anyone know anything bout it? MK1 Reptile Fight

Yes, he's in.

Okay, I just fought him, beat him and Fatalitied him as Scorpion, so there's everybody's answer. The shadows came up on the 7th time I fought at the Pit, if I recall correctly.

You have to be in a one-player game to fight Reptile. The shadows can still come up in two-player, but getting a double flawless with a Fatality won't trigger anything.

Also, every time you exit the game, the counter for triggering shadows resets. They'll show up somewhere around your 6th rotation through the Pit, but if you only go through 4 or 5 and exit the game, you'll have to start all over again the next time you play.

I got him today! After about 10 times of getting to the pit stage, and nothing, I decided to try and beat the game. I went double flawless/fatality on every stage using kano. This allowed me to skip the goro's lair stage. On the 2nd endurance match, I got Cage/Scorpion, and took them to the woodshed. I would say I was doing this for about 12 times before I ever saw something in the moon. I also let the arcade mode run on demo for some time. If anyone needs help, you can reach me on xbox live trojan1979x2.