Best and Worst Cover Songs

Sky Valley

cover songs can be something great, but sometimes they can be disasterous
it's all really based on your opionion. Some love certain covers, while others hate it. Depending on the band.

I guess I'll start

BEST COVER

WORST COVER

if you cant think of both best and worst, just post one I guess

Best: Five Finger Death Punch: "Bad Company" made famous by Bad Company
Doesn't sound close to the original at all, but is pretty good.

Worst: Puddle Of Mudd: "Gimme Shelter" made famous by Rolling Stones

Don't get me wrong, PoM is Ok, and so is this song. But when you're covering something like Gimme Shelter,it's got to be perfect. Anything else is unacceptable.

This is actually better than the original to me. The scream is magnificent.

Don't really have a bad cover to post because I usually forget shit like that,.

BEST

I like this almost as much as the Junior Walker version.

WORST

Being a song from the musical, Fiddler On the Roof, there are many different performers and covers. Zero Mostel's and Chaim Topol's were beautiful...but this was too much to bear.

Last edited:
WORST

Being a song from the musical, Fiddler On the Roof, there are many different performers and covers...but this was too much to bear.

this one made me laugh my ass off for some reason.It was pretty bad lol

BEST
this song has been covered by so many other bands, but I think Soundgarden pulled it off the best.Still gives off the blues feel of the original. Way better than Aerosmith's and Lynard Skynard's

WORST

ha ha the worst was megadeths cover of paranoid. lmao. sorry for the no show with the video. its not worthy of one.

Everyone who covers Led Zeppelin sucks.

They are one band no one can, or should, even try to touch. When you are the best, you just can't be beat, so stop trying, k.

Everyone who covers Led Zeppelin sucks.

They are one band no one can, or should, even try to touch. When you are the best, you just can't be beat, so stop trying, k.
the beatles suffer from this same thing
I'm not just saying that because of how famous they are, but all the covers sound exactly the same. Some whiny douche trying his best Lennon impression. It's not like these covers are trying to do the song in a whole new style either. That would be somewhat interesting to hear. But no, they are the same exact tempo, and the music sounds almost the same. The only difference is the singer, and they always sound like some douche on american idol. Why even bother covering the song if you're not gonna do anything new or special? Just stick to listening to the original.

but more importanly, beatles and Zeppelin are horribly overated and I realy dont care anymore if someone covers them. It doesnt make me mad, I just laugh at how bad the covers are

Last edited:
BEST

I think it even beats Cypress Hill IMO.

I still like the Cypress Hill version a little better.Both great though

speaking of RATM, I love both Soundgarden and RATM. But I really really hated Audioslave (supergroup from members of both bands). Something about Audioslave bothered me.

WORST
I love chris cornell, but this song just aint for him. It's like if Zack De La Rocha did a cover of a Soundgarden song. It just wouldnt work.

also he sounds like Bill Cosby here

Last edited:
My favorite cover comes from One of my favorite musicians, Mike Doughty.
It's called Real Love/It's only real life. (Combination of a Mary J. Blige song and a song by The Feelies)

Another one of my favorite covers is by Paramore, Covering Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody"

My absolute least favorite cover ever is John Mayer trying to soul-f*ck his way past Message In a Bottle by The Police

I still like the Cypress Hill version a little better.Both great though

speaking of RATM, I love both Soundgarden and RATM. But I really really hated Audioslave (supergroup from members of both bands). Something about Audioslave bothered me.

WORST
I love chris cornell, but this song just aint for him. It's like if Zack De La Rocha did a cover of a Soundgarden song. It just wouldnt work.

also he sounds like Bill Cosby here

I too like Cypress Hill and RATM. I just think RATM did it better.

I never liked Audiomachine either. Don't know why almost all the best bands need to split up. I don't like that cover, it just doesn't feel right if it's done by someone else. Zack De La Rocha is the only one that could pull off a RATM song.

Best Cover (imo):
Never even heard of Depeche Mode until this cover song.(Depeche Mode isn't that good imo)
Spoiler:
Favorite Cover:
I don't even like Queen but they write good songs that's for sure. The original Queen version is a lot slower. Probably biased but I don't listen to many cover songs for most of them suck. It's just these two caught my attention. Maybe it's because both of them are by my favorite band.

Worst Cover:

I beg to differ
that was pretty cool actually

but I was reffering to when you turn on the radio and you think it's a real beatles song, untill they finnally start singing and you relize it sucks.

THE JOHNNY ROOK said:
My favorite covers... both covers of Gary Numan!

I recall seeing a live video of Gary Numan and NIN performing In Cars. I would give a limb juat to see that