MK HD Remix like SSF2T HD REMIX Request

Just wanted to point out that those games that where given as an example of how the HD remake would look weren't HD themselves and weren't done with the same kind of production values as MK. They where just plain bad and not representative of what a good MK HD remix could be. Even Street Fighter The Movie wasn't done with the same graphics techniques used on the graphics in the MK games.

Just for it being HD Remix and charging 60 dollars for it is just way too much for some arcade games. Being in HD does not make it be reasonable for the price of a retail game. As far as I would go for it is 20 or 25 dollars but thats it. A price as what SSF2t HD Remix is reasonable. Price of a retail game is not.

I believe it depends on how much work they put in it.If they put all these ganes together with the option to turn on classic graphics,and with videos and documentaries inside i would gladly pay the price of a platinum game,and a big fan of mk(and big fans are victims of their passion a lot of times)i would pay even more.Platinum game price?Count me in

I believe it depends on how much work they put in it.If they put all these ganes together with the option to turn on classic graphics,and with videos and documentaries inside i would gladly pay the price of a platinum game,and a big fan of mk(and big fans are victims of their passion a lot of times)i would pay even more.Platinum game price?Count me in

Eh that fine if you want to pay that price for it. Im a big fan of MK myself but no way am I going to pay that price for those games. I mean out of the classic 2D MK games all I care about is UMK3 and MKT. So MK1 and MK2 is basically meaningless to me. HD of UMK3 and MKT I would pay about 25 dollars for.

Eh that fine if you want to pay that price for it. Im a big fan of MK myself but no way am I going to pay that price for those games. I mean out of the classic 2D MK games all I care about is UMK3 and MKT. So MK1 and MK2 is basically meaningless to me. HD of UMK3 and MKT I would pay about 25 dollars for.

Thats a matter of taste.Most people will say that mk2 was the best of the old ones,and i agree with that.As i said its a matter of taste,and mk3 and trilogy were also great games,so choosing between so good games is a pleasure,and in the end it comes to each person own criteria.I want them all in a HD remake,and 25-30 dollars would be a very good price for us consumers

Just wanted to point out that those games that where given as an example of how the HD remake would look weren't HD themselves and weren't done with the same kind of production values as MK. They where just plain bad and not representative of what a good MK HD remix could be. Even Street Fighter The Movie wasn't done with the same graphics techniques used on the graphics in the MK games.

You have a point,but from the 2 videos i posted i believe its a mixture of digitised and hand drawn graphics,but by the looks of it its fantastic.Loved the idea,thats why i started this thread.These 2 videos were the inspiration.No need to be fully digitised

This won't be happening. The MK HD remake project was deemed too poor of quality and in my guess would create a massive uproar louder than the bug filled MKAK situation we have right now. It'd be more on par with what is happening with George Lucas and Star Wars edits he constantly does.

Yeah sure they will listen to this, we have been asking for MK on PC since the game was released back in April, and Boon hasn't even given a hint that is coming. Look at the thread PC version of Mortal Kombat it has almost 100,000 views but Boon didn't tell anything about a pc even after constantly sending him messages requesting it for PC. All he does is make a joke like "when do you want it" or "No current plans". All i want is an answer yes or no, is that too much to ask.

So you want the game to look like these pieces of shit?

EDIT:
I'd rather keep my MK the way it is now. I don't want it to look like those craps up there.

Those games are horribly made, but a pixel-based, HD MK isn't impossible.

Ok guys, don't lynch me but.....there is a solution.

Mugen.

It could be done, the physics, graphics, stuff like that could be modded to authenticity.

Thats a matter of taste.Most people will say that mk2 was the best of the old ones,and i agree with that.As i said its a matter of taste,and mk3 and trilogy were also great games,so choosing between so good games is a pleasure,and in the end it comes to each person own criteria.I want them all in a HD remake,and 25-30 dollars would be a very good price for us consumers

I liked MK2 and all and was fun but I just didn't like the limited moves it had. In the MK3 games(MK3, UMK3, and MKT) they had something called Dial-A-Combo which I really liked and the combos you can do were endless. Yeah its all a matter of taste. They both are good tho. 25-30 dollars wouldn't be bad for a HD remake as long as they add other stuff to it like artwork, the making of Mortal Kombat, etc. However I just don't see this happening at all.

If could be, but the Mugen community isn't organized enough to get it done. There's also the whole HD sprites problem. Where would they get them?

Most of the MUGEN stuff seems to be remixes of already released sprite work and cheaply done. It's possible to create totally original HD assets for it but who would do that? Who has the resources\time, talent and discipline to follow through and execute to completion? It seems to me that totally original sprite work especially of the digitized MK style is very rare. You could so easily fall into the tattoo assassin's or cheap remix arena so very easily.

First they should focus on each game individually before they give them all the HD remix. I'd say the most popular game, UMK3 would be the best starting point, followed by mk2 and why even bother remixing mk1? They obviously can't handle 3 games at once so going after one at a time seems to be the most logical option.

I'm not a big fan of mugen Mortal Kombat games, as I've played them and some of them are bad in quality. However, when it comes to HD sprites from the original ones, I could take some time and try to redo some of them. I don't know how they'll end up, though. Right now I'm working on a project, so it might take some time, but I will try to make some HD sprites.

That looks like absolute shit.
No HD for Mk for me, thanks.

Uhm, since when are SF the Movie and Tatto Assassins HD? They're both games from the nineties, and as such, pretty darn SD.

Anyway. Since MK:AK already launched, I see little possibilities for an HD version to come out. If they're going the HD way, maybe they should remake MKT. Considering MKT was a mess presentation-wise (looked like a Mugen game) and also gameplay-wise, it's almost begging for a fix... and since it's not an arcade game, you won't see arcade purists jumping at every inconsistency. For instance, they could easily improve the game's presentation with the new actors and art, and since it's one game instead of three, it would need work on just one gameplay style... thus reducing the programming team's load and giving them a more precise focus.

I liked MK2 and all and was fun but I just didn't like the limited moves it had. In the MK3 games(MK3, UMK3, and MKT) they had something called Dial-A-Combo which I really liked and the combos you can do were endless. Yeah its all a matter of taste. They both are good tho. 25-30 dollars wouldn't be bad for a HD remake as long as they add other stuff to it like artwork, the making of Mortal Kombat, etc. However I just don't see this happening at all.

I liked the combo system,but it wasnt endless,neither it had the freedom it required.MK9 still has the same combo system but in a level that offers enough freedom.Anyway mk3 combo system was very good at its time.WE can ask for it,thats the point of the thread

That looks like absolute shit.
No HD for Mk for me, thanks.

These 2 games have nothing to do with MK HD Remix we are asking.They are old games,that failed to do their task.The 2 videos i posted earlier were looking ace,and they werent fully digitised from the look of it