The mk9 Ranking System

mr fearless

I don't understand why games put out ranking systems for their online play based on wins or exp. You can be a scrub and play the game all day everyday and have more wins than someone who has a life but is way more talented and they are ranked lower beacuse of the ammount of wins. Why isn't the ranking based off of true skill instead of wins. Wins should be a tie breaker not the 1st priority of a ranking system. Halo 3 had the best ranking system of any online game. You had a High Skill (1-50) and exp was secondary. Then they come out with halo reach and its exp based like call of duty. That's not a ranking system thats seeing who plays the game more. IDC about who plays the most because they have no outside responsibilities. Reward the talented players on a ranking system!!!!

how exactly would they measure your MK skill level??

a mortalometre?

i get what your saying but, someone can play the game every day and still have a bad w/l ratio..
also a guy could have an awesome ratio but because he only plays noobs,
i think they should round down your ratio, to like example: 800-400 = 2:1 ,
then 2000-1000 would also =2:1

so its not about how many games you won but about the percentage of those you won to those you lost.

They could measure your skill by placing you in a group. A ranking system from worst players to best. The more you win against someone in a higher rank the more likely you are to rank up. If you lose to people lower rank than you the more likely you are to be demoted. If you lose to someone higher rank you are barely affected. If you beat someone lower than you, you are barely affected.

A system like sc2 is very good at measuring skill.

The system would place you against people the same level or better than you if you keep winning. If you keep losing you'll be faces against lower level people.

it could just have a couple different ranking systems

Wins
Win Percentage
and what ever other stats you could throw in there

either way i could care less since you cant play online without dealing with lag that makes it unable to even show your true skill

I don't care about someones rank or w/l ratio...if u look at someones player skill that should let u kno if that are good or decent

it could just have a couple different ranking systems

Wins
Win Percentage
and what ever other stats you could throw in there

either way i could care less since you cant play online without dealing with lag that makes it unable to even show your true skill

A fighting game will never show true skill online. Every game online has a level of lag. But they can atleast be somewhat close to depicting skill when you use a street fighter or Starcraft 2 ranking system.

@OP.

Wouldn't that mean someone could just play one match, win, then be the best player in the world?

Win ratio would be 100%...

Street fighter 4 has a ranking system where you are ranked on a grade system. Its the best ranking system i've seen in a fighting game.

The leader board that u can view shud be the top 1000 instead of the top 100. And I shud be in order of trueskill instead of wins