I'm not feeling the need of buying the kollection... what about you guys?

elanibal69

I have MK 1, 2 and 3 on the PSP, and I used to have them on the PS2 (Midway Arcade Collection). What I'm trying to say is that the kollection has been previously available one way or another, and right now I don't have the, let's say, necessity of buying the new release. The online capability just won't do it for me, I prefer local matches or playing alone... I haven't heard anything about additional or interesting content, like videos or something. The trophies and achievements seem to easy to accomplish... the HD kollection never came out... well, I guess you get my point, I think that NRS is just trying to capitalize (as in, squeezing more money out of us) on the awesome reception that MK9 got, and the no brainer factor of nostalgia.
What about you? What are your main reasons behind buying or not buying the kollection?

To me mk9 are those games plus more. So I have no reason than a possible nostalgia trip that will only work for like one day with me.

I think despite all I've heard of it so far, I'm still gonna get it, mainly to relive my childhood ^_^ lol still pissed about no Rain or Noob in UMK3 though >_<

I bought this because I wanted an easy way to play the games without having to break out the PS2 or hooking a PC up to the screen for MAME play.

I played a little bit online. What a great feature. It's just like playing in the arcades back in the day, and I totally love that. If only it actually worked. I don't see why they can't get these simple games to work properly online, it's not like it's 2006. Even back then, they got Deception to work fairly well online.

Even if it did work online, the lobby is incredibly sloppy. In a ranked match, you are sent back to the menu after every fight and have to select ranked match again. They don't even have a sub-lobby for it. It's very thrown together and seems like an afterthought.