Please post MKAK 360 version impressions here.. **Please Read**

msmma

With the 360 version coming out today, im curious if the 360 version is going to have all the sound glitches, horrible netcode, and other glitches that the PS3 version has, or if its just the PSN version that's gimped up.

Try the 360 version, and look for these things (that i can think of right now) that are in the PS3 version and let us know...

--In UMK3 you CANT AT ALL enter 2 player vs codes before matches
--In MK1, Courtyard stage, when the Monks clap its not the same clap as the arcade clapping. It sounds like newly recorded clapping
--MK1, the announcer voice gets cut off alot. Example..instead of hearing "Subzero Wins", you'll hear "Subzero Wi"
--MK2, noise you make when you land from a jump is some random noise
--MK2, Subzeros ice move sounds glitchy
--MK2 music that plays during the ending is all messed up
--After viewing the moves in the menu (in any of the games) when you unpause, your character cant move for 2-3 seconds
--Music and sounds in UMK3 are horribly low
--AI setting in all games doesnt seem to change at all. Very Easy seems just like Very Hard
--HORRIBLE online lag

Thanks!!! If the 360 version is messed up too, and we dont hear anything from NRS or Boon in the next few days i say we bombard Other Oceans email address, and NRS with emails until they say one way or the other if theyre going to address these issues or not. I for one feel like i got ripped off of $10 with these games in their current status. These are NOT arcade ports.

i've tested the xbox version around an hour and it appears to have the same issues.
i can confirm
lag and

also other weird stuff in mk1, like wrong colision boxes, and both fighters hitting each other at the same time in the air and only one get the "getting hit" animation but BOTH gets the damage

i've tested the xbox version around an hour and it appears to have the same issues.
i can confirm
lag and

also other weird stuff in mk1, like wrong colision boxes, and both fighters hitting each other at the same time in the air and only one get the "getting hit" animation but BOTH gets the damage

This makes me sad...but i was expecting these results. Damn, NRS....

I was NOT expecting these results though.

Online for UMK3 for xbox live arcade was fine. Maybe a few glitchy things but its an old game so that's fine.

Online for MK2 for PS3 at least from what I heard was fine from my friend.

Online for UMK3 for nintendo ds is absolutely perfect and couldn't get any better.

The fact that 1-3 are released in 2011 on both systems as a downloadable game should NOT be this bad.

EDIT: I work until 5 but then I'm going home to buy it, so whatever I find out I'll be sure to post it.

Last edited:
Its sad to say but i feel that we got ripped off by NRS..i hate saying it like that but its true...I download mine on PSN and as much as we are having similar issues with both consoles NRS owes us big time

Well I bought the Klassic FightStick for PS3 from PDP's site so I'm waiting to receive that but I couldn't wait so I bought MKAK on my 360 as well and the lag for multiplayer is ridiculous. I played UMK3 on XBL and it was ridiculously slow. It kept messing up my combo timing badly. How is this possible? I already have UMK3 from the original release on XBLA and that one played fine on XBL.

I feel very ripped off by the fact that I do not have the stretch video option to fit my television; I can do it with the UMK3 stand-alone release, so why the hell can't I do it with this Kollection? Ridiculous. When it comes to playing UMK3, I'm sticking with the stand-alone release.

That said, its nice to have the first two games, even if I can't stretch it to fit my TV. I only played online this morning twice with the first game, and the lag was god awful. The lag for this Kollection is even worse than MK9.

The colors also look very, very poor, particularly the stages.

I bought it this morning before work so I only got to play two matches against comp and two matches online. (MK2). Like everyone says, the sound is not"Arcade Perfect". Music is to low. That and the lag is obviously bad. Im sure they will fix that though. I'm actually happy with my purchase. I've been a fan since MK1 and this is as good as it gets. Would love to get that joystick also. I'm not gonna let a few sound issues ruin the whole experience. I think you guys are nitpicking the hell out of this waay to much. :) enjoy

I bought it this morning before work so I only got to play two matches against comp and two matches online. (MK2). Like everyone says, the sound is not"Arcade Perfect". Music is to low. That and the lag is obviously bad. Im sure they will fix that though. I'm actually happy with my purchase. I've been a fan since MK1 and this is as good as it gets. Would love to get that joystick also. I'm not gonna let a few sound issues ruin the whole experience. I think you guys are nitpicking the hell out of this waay to much. :) enjoy

Dude, they are NOT going to fix the audio! How much do you want to bet on that?!?!?! They wouldnt even go back in and include the custom soundtrack feature they PROMISED us PS3 fans for Mortal Kombat 9 (which is a much BIGGER selling game), what makes you think they give a shit about us OLDSCHOOL MK FANS?!?! This is the worst emulated MK1, MK2, and UMK3 I have EVER seen in my life! Wow.... this is CRAP!!!!!

I am upset due to the fact the MK4 wasnt included but im glad it wasnt included because then we would have more people finding bigger ways to hate on MK4...the game turned out a complete faliure and I hope that NRS soes something about this

I was referring to the lag problem buddy! Chillax! Don't jump down my throat. I didn't make the game. Lol
I wouldn't expect them to spend there time and resources for the sound. The lag on the other hand is a different story. They better f'in fix that. Lol

Last edited:

It's not just the sound issues...In UMK3 when you play two players, you CANT AT ALL enter vs. codes...that's just one example. How is that as good as it gets? So not only are these NOT arcade perfect, they contain even LESS than the arcade versions. There's no excuse...you paid for this...dont settle for mediocrity.

It's not just the sound issues...In UMK3 when you play two players, you CANT AT ALL enter vs. codes...that's just one example.
How is that as good as it gets? So not only are these NOT arcade perfect, they contain even LESS than the arcade versions. There's no excuse...you paid for this...dont settle for mediocrity.

Like I said in my post, PLEASE read it closer next time, I only got a chance to play mk 2 this morning. Any other problems with umk3 I'm not aware of.

Until these issues get fixed, I won't be downloading this. Quite sad there are problems with these games. I'll stick to the ports on the first Xbox (Deception bonus disc and MAT2) and use my Saturn for UMK3, which btw is a great port IMO!

This is really rediculous i think NRS owes us big time for these issues or our money back until they redue the whole thing and they add MK4 DLC for the inconvience they also need to put chat rooms in each mk classic game just like MK9 has a join room or chat room

Warner Bros., has taken Mortal Kombat over is good deteriorated.
Midway online with no problems and now with Warner Bros nothing than bad online lagging.

***** ***** wine wine lol chill what did u expect? a high end suped up online version? hell they got xbox arcade reject developer other ocean to do it lol

Are you guys really surprised that we got this shit mess of a game? I hate to say it, but I'm not. As soon as I heard they were only going to be $10 I had a horrible feeling this would be a strung together rushed ploy to make some more of our money once they saw how well MK9 was selling. Soon as they saw some life left in the MK "Kommunity" they decided to milk us for whatever more $ they could get. I don't know why I'm even complaining this is how the world works Lol.

I wish they would have focused on an UMK3 only remixed version built for online competitive play with spectator rooms, tournaments, 2v2, and more in depth leaderboards. HD too ;-)

Oh well maybe one day we'll get the game we deserve. It's not fair that SF fan's get all these great ports and remixed games, we're just as loyal as they are. I sound like a kid who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas, but that's exactly how I feel lmao.

Badass but i forgot how hard mk2 compared to mk 2011 i got my ass kicked by jax so much other than that they really need to fix the bugs