Correction: MKAK on PSN EU Today!

Kratilim

As many EU players are already aware of, MKAK isn't coming to the PSN in EU this week... Worse: There is no word when it will be available...

Just making sure that ppl know this and don't go looking for it in vein. :)

Re: No MKAK for PSN EU this week

any official word that it's not coming this week and they're not just delayed? i know they do weekly updates but sometimes they'll add bits on the following day. get the feeling I'm just in denial tho lol. thanks for the heads up by the way :)

As a longtime MK fan in the U.S., it needs some work, so its probably a good thing they're delaying it. All 3 games have alot of noticeable audio glitches, and the netcode is almost unplayable.

For the way NRS has been touting these games as 'arcade perfect', im pretty disappointed that they were released with so many glaring audio issues.

They might be holding them back due to the issues we've seen. But I doubt it. I think we're just getting screwed again, just like we were for most DLC for MK9. Still... Here's hoping for the delay to fix stuff. :)

was about to say that i doubt we'll be getting anything better for our wait. but again i'm good for blind optimism lol thanks guys :)

I understand shit happens, but this is the 2nd time already this week that at the last hour, a version is being delayed with no warning.

What is going on?

I understand shit happens, but this is the 2nd time already this week that at the last hour, a version is being delayed with no warning.

What is going on?

I thought the same question lots of times since the franchise became part of WB. You would think they would have build a solid marketing strategy around the franchise, but what we see is just poor marketing:

-PS3 Dates are different between euro - american release date (happened with DLC and now MKAK). This is also because of SCEE having different shops around the globe, what I think, is a bad descission (I want to play Jap Shmups!).
-Quality of the port's frontend seems doubtfull, especially after we've seen 3SO.
-Boon making doubtfull promises (like lots of producers). Please make Hector face of the team, so Ed can keep his Elder God status (he's loosing it for me). A younger face will refresh it a bit.

WB seems to forget they have to put in a decent amount of work if they want to make MK the franchise it once was. Lot of things seem so quickly done (and I thought they were going to take time making MKAK). It's like they just go for "release date big bucks" without thinking of KEEPING the customer happy, they should keep the hype going! Dunno, just doubting their strategies...

Next up: Crappy new MK action movie, released on 1 april 2012 (can be delayed)

I thought the same question lots of times since the franchise became part of WB. You would think they would have build a solid marketing strategy around the franchise, but what we see is just poor marketing:

It's out for the US psn and also for the 360 US and EU version so i am sure it's only Sony fault, the Eu store/marketplase from psn to xbox they go with turtle steps and they don't even care to release some games or dlc and the they simple tell you "Not Rated by the ESRB".

It's out for the US psn and also for the 360 US and EU version so i am sure it's only Sony fault, the Eu store/marketplase from psn to xbox they go with turtle steps and they don't even care to release some games or dlc and the they simple tell you "Not Rated by the ESRB".

That's what I said regarding the release dates :wall:
The thing is that, after releasing MK9 DLC, WB should know how to deal with SCEE and their PSN.
Just don't understand a company 'hyping' up a product like MKAK through media like Twitter or FB, while on release date not even tweeting the darn thing is released!?

Sorry, just dissapointed fan...

do what i did and make a us account. there is no region lock and theres plenty of sites you can buy a $10 PSN code to use online, the you get within the hour. I used www.pcgamesupply.com. They give you a call back at first, let them know you live in the UK first. I was skeptical at first but no ive been able to get many games like Castlevania that i wouldn't have been able to play on my PS3 without playing alot of money. The mk arcade kollection isnt worth anyones money i must add but if you want it legally just a heads up on what to do. Sony EU deserve butt ****ing with a red hot poker to be fair, the twats. No reason at all to anything they do to us EU fans. If your worried about trophys etc youll be able to go back onto your usual account and gain all the trophys for MKAK as and when you please. Just dont delete your US PSN account as the game may vanish also

Looks like no-one's home at WBUK - they've not said anything. Sony say that it's in their pre-publish system, but not on the release schedule. We've known about this for 4-5 hours, and it's now around close-of-business time over here. Whoever is responsible, they need to get their communication issues sorted, as this is just plain ridiculous.

so still no EU release? whats going on?!

No idea. The only info we have is that Sony do have it, but they don't have a release date for it. Like I said in the main news thread, I've contacted WB's customer services to try and find out what's going on.

Week 2, and - surprise, surprise - no MKAK in the EU PSN Store.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...d-playstation-plus-update-7th-september-2011/

Probably for the best, considering its faults. But still, there has been no acknowledgement of this oversight by NRS/WB, so no new release date. It would be good if those guys hired someone who actually keeps the community informed...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fu** WB games, Fu** NRS still nothing for EU i dont care about the faults of the game cause i wasnt going to play online i want to play arcade so **** you and cause of that im not going to buy it, and the thing that pisses me of the most is that i wake up early today ( last days of summer vacation ) to go to the mall and buy a PSN card

Fuk Fukiddy Fuk Fuk.

Don't you fuking know that the small/weak can only cry and lose more nerves.
"LIFE"S NOT FAIR" they scream.
So fuking what.... Deal with it, play MAME and never buy again from NRS if you angry that much.

Fuk Fukiddy Fuk Fuk.

Don't you fuking know that the small/weak can only cry and lose more nerves.
"LIFE"S NOT FAIR" they scream.
So fuking what.... Deal with it, play MAME and never buy again from NRS if you angry that much.

Being angry about customer service (or lack thereof) is one thing. Being flippant about software piracy is quite another. Is that what you're suggesting? There aren't so many arcade machines out there that MAME's apparent popularity would have you believe. The equipment that exists isn't cheap, either.

The people here are asking for the same opportunity that everyone else got - a chance to give NRS $10 for their games. Try and have a little more respect for other players, and the developers who made the games you play.

Being angry about customer service (or lack thereof) is one thing. Being flippant about software piracy is quite another. Is that what you're suggesting? There aren't so many arcade machines out there that MAME's apparent popularity would have you believe. The equipment that exists isn't cheap, either.

The people here are asking for the same opportunity that everyone else got - a chance to give NRS $10 for their games. Try and have a little more respect for other players, and the developers who made the games you play.

At least MAME doesn't rip you off for 16+-year-old games! At least the MAME versions are not defective! At least MAME is 100% truthful in its advertising! At least MAME is available internationally!

Last edited:

At least MAME doesn't rip you off for 16+-year-old games! At least the MAME versions are not defective! At least MAME is 100% truthful in its advertising! At least MAME is available internationally!

At least MKAK is a 100% legal way to play the MK trilogy...? MAME is legal, but are the ROMs legal if you don't own the original hardware?

MKAK's problems are being worked on, and I wouldn't call $10 a rip-off... considering how much the hardware costs...

I had MK:AK from day one and I live in Belgium, just make a US psn account and DL it from the US store, no biggie!!!

At least MKAK is a 100% legal way to play the MK trilogy...? MAME is legal, but are the ROMs legal if you don't own the original hardware?

MKAK's problems are being worked on, and I wouldn't call $10 a rip-off... considering how much the hardware costs...

You don't get it; ANY price for a defective product is a rip-off, especially when the middlemen (in this case, PSN and XBLA) have "all sales are final" policies in place!

As for the patch issue, that's not good enough! NRS, WB, and Other Ocean ALL should've had this thing done right the first time! There is NO EXCUSE for re-releasing a game with problems like this that did not exist at all in their original states, and then advertising it as "arcade perfect" (which, by the way, is FALSE ADVERTISING in the most literal sense of the phrase; if you want to talk to me about "legal", explain to me what's so legal about THAT)!