Is Mortal Kombat worth playing online these days.

ABC2K

I was thinking about getting back into MK after not playing much for a while. I just wondered what the current state of the game is now. Are there still many more patches to come and how is the game rated amongst pro players who play SF and MVC etc. Thanks

I will always play it locally with friends for fun but just wondered if it's still taken seriously as a competitive tournament game.

Dont buy it, the game is only worth playing offline, thus if you have a offline scene im sure a person there already owns the game. Or if you got a few friends wanna all play offline together, chip in together. I got this game when it come out and quickly got rid of it as i really liked the game but it just doesnt work online and the truth is neverealm are never gonna fix it they are too busy counting there money. i brought it back as i heard they had updated the netcode and it is now worse then day 1, believe me i regret buying it back.

I won't even blow up about MK's online issues anymore, but its so sad really...

If you're looking for mostly online play out of it then don't buy it. I obsess over mortal kombat and love it to death, but not being able to pull off half your characters moves due to lag and sporadic timing changes makes is 0% fun, unless of course you dont care if you win, or just like to punch and kick the opponent.

I went out and bought Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition literally last night because I wanted to beat the shit out of ppl online (without lag) and it was 100% perfect. There's not much but online in street fighter, but i think the online modes are better and more fun in Street Fighter.

And if anyone else is playin SFIV, feel free to add me on xbox, i dont know ANYONE that plays it.

I play online everyday and I rarely see a lag. Only thing I hate about MK online is much more people rage quit...I know u get that in every game but it seems overdone in MK. All in all I have no online issues, guess I'm one of the lucky ones

I play online everyday and I rarely see a lag. Only thing I hate about MK online is much more people rage quit...I know u get that in every game but it seems overdone in MK. All in all I have no online issues, guess I'm one of the lucky ones

HOWWWW??? Everywhere I go in PA there's lag

i went online last night and there was like only 200 if that people in all the rooms combined in the EU, sad really, but alot of the community has there selves to blame. Ragin, been salty etc. Not sure if im gonna bother with the online any more. I love playing with friends but its just not a fun experience online for myself, most of the time anymore anymore. Im average at best at the game but when you loose it never seems like a situation of yeah i was out played, well done. Some of the people have just found and mastered every exploit and niggle in the online game which amounts to the vast majority off players as no fun what so ever. It just seems like a game of cat and mouse online which becomes very annoying and tedious after a while. either you get some newbies who have just started playing who are no challenge at all as you will thrash them then they will never play again or you get a pseudo pro who has nothing better to do. The lag in the EU has been sorted its just input delays are well off. Im just voicing my opinion and experience of playing last night, i doubt ill quit totally cos i love the game but i just havent had that great a time playing online in recent memory

I will always play it locally with friends for fun but just wondered if it's still taken seriously as a competitive tournament game.

MK2011 is considered as a "tourney worthy" game. However, tournament games are played locally, regardless of which games you choose. Even the best of them are subject to latency, so offline play is preferred to eliminate that random variable. Online play is more or less there for the convenience of playing at home.

I dont know, Playing online would mean that your going to deal with so many salty people and spammers.

As long as you go to player rooms and only play people with 4 dot connections, yeah its alright. There is a lot of hatemail and spamming of the chats though

nope. offline its you vs. the oponent
online its you vs the opponent his spam lag desynchs rage mail and disrespect in koth

mk online
not even once

Online is fine, other than a little lag, and occasional desynchs. If you know how to play the game well it is still a lot of fun. And spamming isn't a problem, and again, if you know how to play well, you can easily destroy spammers. I like to go into games, hit hidden cursor, then random to mix things up a bit

its much smoother on ps3. Also ps3 rooms are always full, 360 rooms are bare. only one room is full vs psn. 360 lag is terrible also and they never fixed the desync issue. they left it up to the players on 360 to re-download the dlc but no one hardly did it. ps3 got the real patch. its much better now and only lags if the opponent is using wireless or has a bad connection. i keep a list of laggers and avoid them. but hands down ps3 version is awesome. only problem is some morons still dont have the free dlc packs so dlc fighters sometimes are unavailable.