Who really killed the Shirai Ryu?

USSCrazybat

Just one thing I can't seem to figure out. In MKM it appears that the LK grandmaster made a deal with Quan Chi to eliminate the Shirai Ryu for them, but in the flashback in MK9, it shows hundreds of Lin Kuei killing the other klan (see what I did there?) and even has Kuai Liang cut down Scorpion's family in kold blood. (which does seem alot unlike him, granted there's little room for morality in a game like this.)

So is the sequence just one of Quan Chi's machinations? Cause Bi Han kind of implied that the LK did kill them all, but he wasn't participating when he said it wasn't him. Considering history diverged during the first tournament, would this just make it another hasty retcon? Just asking.

The timeline didn't diverge until the moment Raiden got his first vision. Since Scorpion's clan was already dead before that happened, what the series had previously established is still canon. Quan Chi killed Scorpion's clan and family.

this moment in mk confuses everyone

so in mk4 the story people changed things around and made it semi canonical

this moment in mk confuses everyone

so in mk4 the story people changed things around and made it semi canonical

lol, the mk4 endings animations/characters look hilarious. I know we got animated story mode for MK9, but I think that would have been cool for the individual endings as well, instead of the art. Idk. Both are nice. What do you think?

lol, the mk4 endings animations/characters look hilarious. I know we got animated story mode for MK9, but I think that would have been cool for the individual endings as well, instead of the art. Idk. Both are nice. What do you think?

well now a days we have better graphics and all so that should not be so much of a problem, what I think is that they should go tekken 4/5 on this one have art right after you beat the final boss just to say how something is gonna go down or depict something that a movie would take too long to explain, and do the suspenseful/shocking/funny thing on animation
in other words