An Idea regarding Mortal Kombat and the Internet

3nany

So you know how the internet kind of blew away the fun and excitement of always finding new stuff in the game like fatalities and such. Nowadays everyone (mostly) just looks up a Fatality list online and has them all. Because of this fatalities become boring because you've seen them a million times and really its not that hard to do because i mean.. you just looked at a list and input a command. It's just like looking at a cheat sheet in gta and telling your friends look. i'm driving a tank. "Big deal you just spawned it anyway".

So what if they removed the input codes?
Maybe make it a random thing. You know how the Toasty mechanic works.
Make it a slightly small random modifier at the end of a match which maybe every 200 fights or so does a random fatality?

Ofcourse new/casual gamers wont like this idea.

So why not make maybe two modes of play. One with input commands and one with the random modifier whereas the random modifier has a bunch extra fatalities which aren't available with inputs.

That way you'd have a reason to play with the random modifiers.

I dunno. Just food for thought :D

If anyone has any ideas regarding this please comment.

And if someone else happened to get the same idea and there's already a thread about it then sorry. I didn't know :)

I wouldn't be a fan of the randomiser. But then again, If I didn't want it I would just play the normal mode.

Instead, what NRS should do is a combination of making Fatalities harder to input (thus requiring skill to perform) and the secrecy of Fatality inputs.

Remember when the MK Kommunity worked together to find Johnny Cage's nut punch fatality in MKSM? THAT'S what NRS needs to make us do. That's the only way they are going to make MK gaming the way it was back in the arcades. Absolutely no one is meant to have access to the inputs (even game guides, reviewers, etc.).

Casual gamers will definitely not like this at all, but that should be an incentive to become a hardcore MK player. One of us, One of us.

Just my opinion, of course.

Agreed 100% percent! Instead of 5 inputs, make it 8! God it was so hard doing fatalities in the old games.

I wouldn't be a fan of the randomiser. But then again, If I didn't want it I would just play the normal mode.

Instead, what NRS should do is a combination of making Fatalities harder to input (thus requiring skill to perform) and the secrecy of Fatality inputs.

Remember when the MK Kommunity worked together to find Johnny Cage's nut punch fatality in MKSM? THAT'S what NRS needs to make us do. That's the only way they are going to make MK gaming the way it was back in the arcades. Absolutely no one is meant to have access to the inputs (even game guides, reviewers, etc.).

Casual gamers will definitely not like this at all, but that should be an incentive to become a hardcore MK player. One of us, One of us.

Just my opinion, of course.
and unfortunately for the elitist "pro" gamers, theres far more casual gamers to make money of off so i doubt you will get your wish. I dont see some peoples obsession of making things hard. I agree there needs to be a certain level of challenge to it but not like the old days of say UMK3. I think the fatality systems fine as it is, not too hard and not to easy. The pick up and play aspect of the new MK is probably part of the reason why its made such a huge comeback. When you first hear of a MK game or play them you want to see the fatalitys, if this is too hard to do alot of people will not bother. Its up to you if you wanna take the game play further. The fatality input time and timing to do them should stay the same forever. They really don't effect game play what so ever, why should you have to waste your time learning some ridiculous button combination and perfect distance to see a canned animation? Surely your time should be wasted on learning the actual mechanics of the in game kombat?