King of the Hill lag

Lux the Elder God

Close this thread if it's already addressed somewhere else (and link me in the process), but I couldn't find it.

Tried playing King of the Hill last night for the first time ever (I've been on a one month hiatus from MK due to vacation and work, but now I'm back) and here's how it went down:

I join the KotH match, in the back of my mind i have the recently opened thread "I'm done with this game" which has the OP ranting about the online community and lag time. So i don't have high hopes.

I join, and i'm 4th in line or whatever, so I'm watching the action unfold. It was as if I was watching someone play offline. The gameplay was quick, on point, everything worked, i loved the cheering/booing, theater look all of that. I was getting excited for my turn.

And then it came. I pick Nightwolf coz i'm trying to main him, and I know i will most likely get my ass kicked coz im rusty. But as soon as my match starts, every single move i tried to make came with like a half second lag. Meanwhile, my opponent is pulling off combos, projectiles, blocks as quick as a CPU on expert. I almost got beaten with a double flawless because of this f***ing s**t.

So I ask you guys. What, if anything, can i do to stop this from happening. Because I REALLY want to love KotH but if it's like this all the time, F that.

I didn't go full screen if that means anything...

Thanks for reading/responding.

maybe u were playin wit peeps from far off i usually get koth lag wen i play americans ect but 1v1s r grand for me 2 or more bars and lag is minimal i usually just do koth wit people around europe

heh, I had the same problem the couple times I did play online, although I used the slow motion to capitalize. xD KOTH has major problems such as latency and d/c.

Pariah: so no way around it?

Fr Stack: ill pay more attention to the country next time. I see you use Xbox though, which I hear doesn't have such crazy lag issues :(