Newegg Online MK9 360 tournament - 20k in prizes - Oct. 17th

newegggamer

Hey Guys,

I'm one of the Newegg Admin's for their Wanfest Mortal Kombat 9 tournament. Was just stoppin by to spread the registration and promotional materials for the event. The MK9 tournament starts October 17th, but Wanfest begins soon, so registration is already open. Sign up before everything fills up :)

Check out the promotional text below, and let me know if you have any questions.

Newegg is back with the Summer Wanfest 2011 series of online tournaments, sponsored by Rosewill, with over $20,000 in prizes up for grabs! The Newegg Wanfest events are FREE to compete in and are open to everyone living in the United States or Canada.

As a note to all the Counter-Strike 1.6 players out there, all CS matches will be protected by ESEA's industry leading anti-cheat client!

Sign-up now to compete in the following events:

* League of Legends (5v5) on PC starts August 29
* Counter-Strike 1.6 (5v5) on PC starts September 5
* StarCraft 2 (1v1) on PC starts September 19
* Call of Duty: Black Ops (4v4) on Xbox 360 starts September 25
* Mortal Kombat (1v1) on Xbox 360 starts October 17
* Heroes of Newerth (5v5) on PC starts October 24
* Gears of War 3 (4v4) on Xbox 360 starts October 31

Remember, registration is FREE! Signup today at http://wanfest.newegg.com and don't miss out on the action!

Fanboys are not true gamers.

It's not fanboyism. I literally cannot play MK9 on Xbox.

Me mentioning the enemies thing... that was a joke.

I have tried to use Xbox D-pad. I cannot dash properly. And i've already put hours of time into PS3 remote to try to change to stick. I really REALLY do not feel like re-learning all my combos. So I'm gonna ps3 it up only... and only go to offline ps3 tournaments.

It's not fanboyism. I literally cannot play MK9 on Xbox.

Me mentioning the enemies thing... that was a joke.

I have tried to use Xbox D-pad. I cannot dash properly. And i've already put hours of time into PS3 remote to try to change to stick. I really REALLY do not feel like re-learning all my combos. So I'm gonna ps3 it up only... and only go to offline ps3 tournaments.

rote.jpg

you are not forced into using a standard dpad or a stick, I think you are speaking of hurt

rote.jpg

you are not forced into using a standard dpad or a stick, I think you are speaking of hurt

No idea what you are talking about(With the hurt comment). That D-pad doesn't look too much better.

I'd want to try it... with someone else who bought it, than to buy it and find out I hate it just as much.

rote.jpg

Other options:

Hands-on-Mortal-Kombat-Tournament-Edition-PS3-Fight-Stick.jpg

or get an adapter so you can use a PS3 controller:

ps3controller.jpg

I have no problems with the 360 controller whatsoever. Anyone who complains about the Dpad just doesn't know how to use a controller without mashing it.

Other options:

ps3controller.jpg

I have no problems with the 360 controller whatsoever. Anyone who complains about the Dpad just doesn't know how to use a controller without mashing it.

I'm use to rolling my fingers on Ps3. I'm not going to re-learn and spend a couple more months to re-get consistently what I already got.

How does one mod a PS3 controller to work for Xbox?

EDIT: one more thing. the placement of the D-pad on Xbox is lower so My thumb is at a different angle than normal. So when i'm prepared to so some sort of back dash. I'll do a back jump instead. because of how my thumbs are use to PS3.

Other options:

ps3controller.jpg

forgot to mention the converter you can also convert a ps2 controller

and that pad I posted has way different d-pads, they are their own buttons with the size advantage trust me it works

forgot to mention the converter you can also convert a ps2 controller

and that pad I posted has way different d-pads, they are their own buttons with the size advantage trust me it works

Anyone know how to "in baby terms" to convert a PS3 to play on Xbox?

If the D-pad was swapped with where the joystick is... I'd probably be alright. but it's down at some weird angle. It'll probably still be awkward. like I said I want to try it before i'd buy it because I have high doubts.

Check out eBay or something. They should have adapters.

Props to Newegg for this tourney. Too bad everything only ever happens in America. GL to the TRMKers.