Challenge Tower Data Lost/Story data as well

jvcleave

After playing with a different profile I signed in with my main one (Xbox) and Naked Mileena was missing. I exited to the Dashboard, signed in again - restarted the game but I am now looking at Challenge 1 on the ladder. What is weird to me is that all my acheivements (including the Ladder achievements/Quan Chi unlocking) still exist.

DLC was also missing but fortunately it was still showing up as purchased.

Anyone else had this/solved it? I have tried
  • re-selecting the storage device
  • transferring to usb (and back)
  • checking the storage device

any help is appreciated. I really don't want to do the Tower again (and possibly lose it again- why not?) but I main Mileena so there is an incentive :)

I bit the bullet and re-did the Challenge Tower. Took a few hours - below is how I got through it (besides cigarettes and coffee).

Play the beginner ladder with Kitana. Spam with fans to get a Flawless Victory (1000 Koins per round). Save your X-Ray (another reason for Kitana as it hits every time) until the last 30% of the 2nd round. Use the time to get to know the background graphics, Kitana's ass, etc. It takes about 14 secs a round (12 was my lowest - kinda a timekiller challenge)

Avoid Fatalities (an extra 250 koins but ****s up the next part) and as soon after as the announcer says "Flawless Victory" and you see the Koins uptick 1000, hit Start and Player Select. This will keep you on the first character. Most characters will help out by standing there but Raiden/Freddie may teleport and sometimes Nightwolf, Scorpion are dicks and throw something.

Go and skip all the challenges with the buyout options. I did a few where you beat the dude up for Koins and tested out my Turbo button on the Test Your Might challenges (much easier).

Anyway - hope it helps someone. Guess the next thing to do is go through that stupid graveyard to get a few costumes.

this happened to me today, all my data got wiped out of no where when i tried the Tower again, all fatality inputs, story character unlocks (QC and CSZ), ect...

my head looks like Ghost Rider right now because of HOW FUKKING MAD I AM! lol

my head looks like Ghost Rider right now because of HOW FUKKING MAD I AM! lol

I feel ya Johnny Blaze. I wonder if this is more common than the low amount of results I found when searching. My achievements were still saved to some server somewhere. I wish the game was smart enough to recover lockables from that if the info needs to be so tightly coupled with my profile.

Good luck - apparently some people have had some luck logging in/out and re-selecting the storage device.

I lost all my challenge tower progress for over a day once and then it magically came back eventually so I hope the same will happen with you guys

I had the same issue. My problem was that I had two storage devices (HDD and internal flashdrive, with the game also intalled on the HDD). My saved data was in the flashdrive but it alwys read the harddrive by default.

If that was your case, go to options, storage device and select a each of the storage devices to check which has your progress. Then copy it to the one it reads first.

I hope it'll help

P

And it happened again. It has something to do with getting profiles mixed up as it happened directly after I created a new profile and signed in with it. Went back to the original profile and challenge tower/alt costumes were gone. Definitely a bug.

Are you sure you don't have two storage devices at the same time on you 360? Unlike other games, MK9 doesn't prompt you to choose which storage to load from when you start with a profile. You may need to select it manually from the options menu.

And it happened again. It has something to do with getting profiles mixed up as it happened directly after I created a new profile and signed in with it. Went back to the original profile and challenge tower/alt costumes were gone. Definitely a bug.
yeah be carefull which controller your using if they are both turned on. It happened to me on PS2. when i found out it was to late. My PS2 was smashed to bits by a hammer in my own hand

same exact thing happened to me Mastered Kabal and Johny cage did all of challenge tower and story modes ....have achivments for all of it and now its just like im playing the ****ing game for the 1st time...

Same shit happened to me, I just got on for the first time in three weeks and I go to use Quan Chi and hes not there, I checked my profile device and everything, and still have nothing. At this point Im not wasting my time going through all the game again. Im done as of now. I have other games to play if I cnt get my stuff back.