What is Your favorite genre of music and who is your favorite artist?

I don't really have a favorite genre. But I listen to a lot of Alternative Metal/Metal/Rock/Hard Rock. My favorite band is Breaking Benjamin(I know more like Broken Benjamin :(). I don't know why but for some reason I never had a favorite band. Then one day I heard Polyamorous on the radio. They were instantly my favorite band.

One of my favorite songs.
Also one of my favorites.
Sorry I put too many videos. :|
Also Red and Disturbed are my number 2 and 3 respectively.

I didnt figure too many people liked Breaking Benjamin. I have all their releases though. *hi five* Another one for Disturbed! :)

I didnt figure too many people liked Breaking Benjamin. I have all their releases though. *hi five* Another one for Disturbed! :)

*hi five* I am one of those proud "few" :). Almost got to see them in concert but they had to cancel because Ben was sick. Anyways.
Here is one of my favorite Red songs:
and I will add one of my favorite Disturbed songs:

Genre: Electro-Industrial and Metal

Artists: Theatres des Vampires, Helalyn Flowers, Ayria, Epica, and Lacuna Coil(old)

Rock/metal - Metallica, Nirvana, AC/DC
Country - George Strait, Travis Tritt, Marty Stuart
R&B - JaRule, Usher, Ginuwine
Rap - 2pac/Makaveli, DMX, EminEm, Dr.Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Busta Rhymes, Ice Cube, Bone Thug N Harmony
Method Man, OutKast, Funk Master Flex, Memphis Bleek, JaRule, Jay Z, B.I.G.

a whole lot of metal. Alot of Industrial too. And both of em mixed together makes it all the more better.

But I got a soft spot for a certain genre, and that is Grunge. Yes It seems embarassing to admit, But I've always loved me some Alice in Chains/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden. Those guys are my heroes. And thats one style of music that everything just seemed to fit with me.

Don't ever feel ashamed to like grunge. It means you like good music.

Anyway...

I have three favorite genres.

Trip-Hop: Massive Attack
Groove Metal: Chimaira
Gothic Metal: Lacuna Coil

All of these are heavily aqcuired tastes. You really have to have a certain point of view about music to truly appreciate any of these bands.

Favourite genres: Classical music and symphonic metal
Favourite composers: Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura and Joe Hisaishi
Favourite bands: Nightwish and Within Temptation

:):):)

I mainly listen to metal but I'm into some rap/hip hop.
But nailing down one favorite artist is impossible. And they constantly change. Right now these are the 5 bands that are in constant listening rotation.
1- Mindless Self Indulgence
2- Killswitch Engage
3- A Day To Remember
4- AFI
5- The Bunny The Bear

Industrial.

such a great style of music. And its not really a style to be honest. As alot of Industirial bands sound very different from eachother. So it always feels wrong when people lump certain bands together.

"Industrial" bands really had alot of creativity going for them.

Im just a sucker for rock music as a hole to be honest. **** the sub genres its all about guitars and having fun at the end of the day. My favorite bands are probably KISS, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Corrosion of Conformity. I really like loads of stuff to be honest, as long as it makes me feel good or sparks up some kind of emotion for me listening to it.

My favorite music genre would have to be the old school 90s Hip-Hop. Oh my god the west coast hip-hop is so relaxing and soothing. Thank god for GTA: San Andreas. I wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do if it weren't for that godlike game.

I love classic rock, (some kinds of) metal, and jazz

Favourite classic rock artist: Boston

Favourite Metal Band: Iron Maiden

Favourite Jazz Band: Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band

Also, I'd like to mention Rush as also being awesome (and Canadian, that in itself makes them awesome)

I have two favourite genres:

Classic Rock - Led Zeppelin
Black Metal - Taake

Favourite band overall is Led Zeppelin, though.

My two favorite genres kind overlap in some ways.

Metal - Specifically Thrash, Melodic Death/Folk Metal and Black Metal
ex. Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura, Metal Church, Nuclear Assault, Armored Saint, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Blind Guardian, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Death,

Progressive - Specifically progressive rock/metal and Jazz fusion
Ex. Dream Theater, Rush, Yes, Coheed and Cambria, Guthrie Govan, GPS, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Scale the Summit, Between the Buried and Me