Debate Section

Would you like a debate section?

• Total voters

Jade

What do you guys think of having a debate section? I love to debate but I know a lot of people here can't handle other people's opinions and will be trolls about it....but I asked Pat if I could at least give it a try.

There would be heavy rules there. NO warnings, just straight out infractions for anyone who decides to flame/troll/etc. You will have to be 100% civil about it, no ifs, ands or buts. One flame and you will get an infraction, period. Keep it up and a ban will follow.

The rules have to be stronger here because debates can very easily get messy.....everyone has to learn to respect that people have different opinions and you are free to disagree but you have to do it in a mature manner, no matter how much you disagree with it.

I have a bit of faith that most people can keep it civil and not be immature about it....but I really hope you guys can give me FULL faith that you can all be cool about things. I would like to see the section stick around and it would be appreciated if people could help out with that and be mature.

Debates can range from religion to MK stuff (if it is a worthy debate, not 'WHICH FEMALE IS SEXIER, LOLLOLLL'), to abortion, to marriage, to politics, good stuff like that. NOT stuff like 'are apples better than oranges?' Make a GOOD debate.

So what do you guys think?

Yes, this would be great.
Civil debate is not only a good idea, it's healthy to share opinions and gain introspect.
I am 100% on board with this.
Am I'm glad the topics can be philosophical, not comparing Kitana to Jade (well, any childish bull shit like that)

If it goes ahead, I'll have a 'trial' period and see if people can refrain from being douchbags. If people can't have a debate without getting super pissy and offensive, I will have to tell Pat to scrap it, which sucks for the people who actually put forth a good effort in debating.

It would be highly encouraged for people to use that report button whenever something offensive is posted, and I don't mean reporting someone because they say they don't believe in God so you find that offensive....respect is going to be a big thing here. The same rules will apply here as the rest of the forum, only they will be a heck of a lot more strict, due to the nature of the section.

0 tolerance for douchebaggery. First offense will be an infraction. Second one, a week ban. Next one, perma ban.

Serious business indeed.

Serious business indeed.

shit-just-got-real.jpg

Good idea. A certain thread starts out innocently enough, and then conflicting opinions ensue all of a sudden you got a debate, it gets moved to the debate section?
Or only threads created specifically for debating certain topics, are politics in?

this is a great idea i love a good debate. but i think the debate section would bring out the worst in some ppl so someone would have to be watching very carefully.