The Official Video Critique Thread

Zoidberg, dont know if you're unaware of this, but when you do, 4, 4 you know you can add U3, long air fireball for a 4 hit combo? Does about 21% damage.

Nah never tried that, Thanks!

What i usually did back then was 4,4 b+1,2 step up which did 22%
Problem was I messed it up so many timesXD

So I uploaded a video of me playing CitizenSNIPS(TYM tourney player, really good Reptile) wondering if you guys could give any critiques:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2BVj608Veg
Alright I don't know much about Sindel but I've noticed some basic mistakes.

0:43 - You hit him with a cartwheel that sends him flying to the other end of the screen and he rolls back. Your reaction was to block here which was a big mistake.

When you knock someone down you have frame advantage and usually unless they have a very quick teleport you want to use that advantage to put something on the screen before them. In this case you should've taken advantage of that knockdown to start zoning. Either a low fireball or an otg one would've been good here. Even if he blocks them: you deal chip damage and build some meter so it's a win-win situation no matter what. So there's really no reason to just stand there and block. Think about it, what were you afraid of? Reptile can't even touch you with anything from there.

0:53 - Not sure why but you threw a low fireball even though there was clearly a force ball on the screen. You obviously were going to trade with that so it was a bad call. You should just block the force balls or jump over them.

0:57 - One thing I know for sure about Sindel is that she can make all her blockstrings safe. That F4, 4 you did, try to always end it with an air fireball. That would've allowed you to block his elbow dash and possibly punish him for it.

1:08 - I'm guessing you were going for a projectile there but dropped it. Anyway, what I want to point out is the range were you start round 2. That's the range were you should be expecting that infamous elbow dash from Reptile. So when you're around that range you need to back dash, jump back or block. You don't want to zone from there unless you have enough frame advantage.

1:13 - Smart use of D4 to space out Reptile. You can also use that poke to lower's Sindel's hittable box and avoid cross-over jump punches btw.

1:17 - You block Reptile's Elbow Dash but don't punish it. Reptile's dash is approximately -15 on block. Meaning all characters can punish it on reaction with throw or any normal/special that has 15 start up frames or less.

According to frame data, you could've punished his elbow dash on block with: 1,1,1 or: 1,1,b+2,4 because they both start up in 11 frames. Cartwheel could also technically punish it but you would need to be a jedi. Then again, even if Reptile blocked your cartwheel, at least you chip him and build meter + I believe it's a safe on block move though I'm not entirely sure about that.

1:21 and 1:28 - This is a mistake you often seem to do. You jump back and air fireball at the worst possible times (when Reptile puts a force ball on the screen right under you). The neat thing with Sindel's air fireballs is that they not only modify your arc jump but also lets you stay in the air longer. You should use that to your advantage to actually avoid his force balls and stuff.

1:40 - Reptile starts a combo on you but you didn't breaker. I'm guessing you were saving it for her X-ray but you should've known better.

You shouldn't be afraid to spend your meter on breakers. Since Sindel's strings are safe on block and since she is such a good zoner, you can build meter pretty easily and safely.

Last edited:
Alright I don't know much about Sindel but I've noticed some basic mistakes.

0:43 - You hit him with a cartwheel that sends him flying to the other end of the screen and he rolls back. Your reaction was to block here which was a big mistake.

When you knock someone down you have frame advantage and usually unless they have a very quick teleport you want to use that advantage to put something on the screen before them. In this case you should've taken advantage of that knockdown to start zoning. Either a low fireball or an otg one would've been good here. Even if he blocks them: you deal chip damage and build some meter so it's a win-win situation no matter what. So there's really no reason to just stand there and block. Think about it, what were you afraid of? Reptile can't even touch you with anything from there.

0:53 - Not sure why but you threw a low fireball even though there was clearly a force ball on the screen. You obviously were going to trade with that so it was a bad call. You should just block the force balls or jump over them.

0:57 - One thing I know for sure about Sindel is that she can make all her blockstrings safe. That F4, 4 you did, try to always end it with an air fireball. That would've allowed you to block his elbow dash and possibly punish him for it.

1:08 - I'm guessing you were going for a projectile there but dropped it. Anyway, what I want to point out is the range were you start round 2. That's the range were you should be expecting that infamous elbow dash from Reptile. So when you're around that range you need to back dash, jump back or block. You don't want to zone from there unless you have enough frame advantage.

1:13 - Smart use of D4 to space out Reptile. You can also use that poke to lower's Sindel's hittable box and avoid cross-over jump punches btw.

1:17 - You block Reptile's Elbow Dash but don't punish it. Reptile's dash is approximately -15 on block. Meaning all characters can punish it on reaction with throw or any normal/special that has 15 start up frames or less.

According to frame data, you could've punished his elbow dash on block with: 1,1,1 or: 1,1,b+2,4 because they both start up in 11 frames. Cartwheel could also technically punish it but you would need to be a jedi. Then again, even if Reptile blocked your cartwheel, at least you chip him and build meter + I believe it's a safe on block move though I'm not entirely sure about that.

1:21 and 1:28 - This is a mistake you often seem to do. You jump back and air fireball at the worst possible times (when Reptile puts a force ball on the screen right under you). The neat thing with Sindel's air fireballs is that they not only modify your arc jump but also lets you stay in the air longer. You should use that to your advantage to actually avoid his force balls and stuff.

1:40 - Reptile starts a combo on you but you didn't breaker. I'm guessing you were saving it for her X-ray but you should've known better.

You shouldn't be afraid to spend your meter on breakers. Since Sindel's strings are safe on block and since she is such a good zoner, you can build meter pretty easily and safely.

Thanks man!

This weekend i'm going to a offline tournament in Atlanta.

I'll try to get some matches recorded with some pros/good players.

And post the ones I lose to ask for some help so you can all give me a shot.

Im not the most experienced player, but I hope I can offer some advice on Baraka :3
- Sometimes it's unavoidable, but try not to get into projectile wars, especially against character like Kabal. Baraka's Enh Blade charge is now fullscreen. Use it to your advantage!
- Kabal is a hard matchup for Baraka. Try to follow on any juggles, especially corner ones to try and get the advantage over his speed and constant 20% combos :3. In a corner,Just as simple as B3,1 B3,1 B3,1 4 Enh spin will get you about 39%, Midscreen, you can do the B3,1 B3,1 4 Enchance Blade charge for 29% (if you're adventurous you can get a third B3,1 in before the 4).:) (It is harder to pull them off in an actual game sometimes, especially if you're new to them :3)
- You did managed to use your Blade Charge alot. Although this is fine it can be dangerous using a Non enhanced blade charge against characters like. If you miss (which you didnt often) A spin can get you locked up fast. You avoiding this happening well, but keep it in mind.

As I said, not the best advice but I hope I helped a little

Zoidberg, can't kabal just punish your charge move with a block into speed dash move everytime? I didn't know you had THAT much good recovery on that move. Against kabal always block low first when you believe he's about to start zoning(when your knocked away). That covers all his long range options. unless you believe you can jump over it in time on reaction from waking up.

I played a really good barakka once. I know barakka has a similar reset like Kabal has where he will be at advantage at the end of his combo and leave the opponent standing. Do you use this in your game play? The barraka I fought used it often and kept mixing me up. Only resorting to using that spin move when I blocked low like a whore.

I also saw alot of dropped combos.

On kabal's Jail string, most kabals will block stop their dash. So you should low jab to gain advantage just before that dash on his jail string. Careful though once you start doing that he might call you out on that and let his dash go on through and you'll eat a combo. So once you start stopping it with a low jab more than once. look out for that call out.

That's all I really saw your barakka having problems with. Was his low saw, his jail string, and I didn't see you use some of barakka's tools. baraka I believe has some 50/50 mix ups in his strings that you should take advantage of.

The dropped combos was the input glitch most of the time-_- and yeah I usually use the reset, but didnt get a chance to in that match.

The dropped combos was the input glitch most of the time-_- and yeah I usually use the reset, but didnt get a chance to in that match.

Well it's hard to judge when it actually IS THE INPUT glitch. or if it's actually your own fault.

the input glitch doesn't happen THAT OFTEN. So you should first asssume you messed up yourself.

I'm not saying it wasn't the input glitch. I'm just saying for perfecting your games sake.. you should always just assume it's your own tech skill.

I do this so badly, one time my controller ACTUALLY was broken, and I kept blaming myself lol. until someone showed me my controller was broken when he used it.

I like your barakka so far Zoidberg :D can't wait to see a input error free fight.

i remember failing at my jail strings with kabal one night, i was gonna fukn snap, i went into practice and i had no problem i did it 1000000000x after lol...

anotyher time i was playing on my step bros ps3 and i couldnt x ray cause L2 b;utton was broke lmao

i remember failing at my jail strings with kabal one night, i was gonna fukn snap, i went into practice and i had no problem i did it 1000000000x after lol...

anotyher time i was playing on my step bros ps3 and i couldnt x ray cause L2 b;utton was broke lmao

just push Block and I think 3+4? It might be Block+2+4 well it's either Block+2+4 or Block+3+4. you can Xray w/o the L2 button.

Too bad this thread doesn't get much activity because it was a great idea. I guess TRMK members just don't really like being critiqued or giving constructive critiques.

Critical-Limit, you would probably have way more participation if you created this thread on TYM. You should try it there imo.

Too bad this thread doesn't get much activity because it was a great idea. I guess TRMK members just don't really like being critiqued or giving constructive critiques.

Critical-Limit, you would probably have way more participation if you created this thread on TYM. You should try it there imo.

I would love for some one to Judge my Gameplay and help me improve <_< But i need a Capture Card. Idk where to find them, I really dont want to bother searching online for one. it doesnt have to be a HD one. I know some render settings in Vegas that will make Dazzle Quality look some-what similar to a PVR Quality.

Well it's hard to judge when it actually IS THE INPUT glitch. or if it's actually your own fault.

the input glitch doesn't happen THAT OFTEN. So you should first asssume you messed up yourself.

I'm not saying it wasn't the input glitch. I'm just saying for perfecting your games sake.. you should always just assume it's your own tech skill.

I do this so badly, one time my controller ACTUALLY was broken, and I kept blaming myself lol. until someone showed me my controller was broken when he used it.

I like your barakka so far Zoidberg :D can't wait to see a input error free fight.
Thanks, MK is the only game I play and im applying to moderate the Baraka forums on TYM. Im hoping to get more combo practice, ill post any other good matches I get. I agree with Hades, TYM already has a crapload of these threads, wouldnt hurt to have another one.