MK 9 Story Mode Mistake? (SPOILERS)

It's not actually linked to khan being alive/dead.

ANYTHING averting armageddon would make it stop cracking aka anything to change the timeline enough to prevent that situation.

I'm behind on lore so explain this for me.

Did Khan START armageddon? I thought in this scenario he just ended up being the victor so maybe now when it comes around. Raiden better secured his spot as the victor?

Also anything stopping armageddon so I guess khan was a part of starting it.

It's not his fate.

If khan became a good guy through brainwashing/persuasion.

It would also fix his amulant.

It's not actually linked to khan being alive/dead.

ANYTHING averting armageddon would make it stop cracking aka anything to change the timeline enough to prevent that situation.

I'm behind on lore so explain this for me.

Did Khan START armageddon? I thought in this scenario he just ended up being the victor so maybe now when it comes around. Raiden better secured his spot as the victor?

Also anything stopping armageddon so I guess khan was a part of starting it.

It's not his fate.

If khan became a good guy through brainwashing/persuasion.

It would also fix his amulant.

Personally I think, (though it wasn't expressly stated anywhere), the destruction of the kamidogu by Shujinko to prevent Onaga from unifying with the One Being was what caused Armageddon. Armageddon would have happened even if Shujinko failed cause in both scenarios the balance preserved in the realms and it's beings would drastically change. This is what makes the most sense to me than anything else. It was this imbalance that caused Armageddon and not Shao Kahn alone.

Going by this armageddon is still bound to happen even in the altered timeline, so it kinda makes more sense that the fate of raiden's amulet depends on his existence. Also as of now we don't know if Shao Kahn is actually dead or not, but we can reasonably say that he won't be battling Raiden again atop Argus's pyramid since Raiden's fight with Shao Kahn was what that caused the amulet to break and that exact event was what Raiden was trying to prevent from happening again.

In the original timeline, Armageddon was going to happen no matter what due to the overwhelming amount of powerful kombatants in the realms, not because of Shao Kahn

And IIRC, Taven and Daegon were involved with Armageddon, as well

BUT since NRS decided to link Shao Kahn to Armageddon this time

We don't know yet if Shao Kahn actually prevented Armageddon itself, or just him becoming the victor of it

I suppose we'll have to wait until future MK games to know for certain

Or maybe we'll never know and they'll just ignore it in favor of new plot elements

Like what happened with the whole Chaos and Furies side story in MK1 and MK2

Personally I think, (though it wasn't expressly stated anywhere), the destruction of the kamidogu by Shujinko to prevent Onaga from unifying with the One Being was what caused Armageddon. Armageddon would have happened even if Shujinko failed cause in both scenarios the balance preserved in the realms and it's beings would drastically change. This is what makes the most sense to me than anything else. It was this imbalance that caused Armageddon and not Shao Kahn alone.

Going by this armageddon is still bound to happen even in the altered timeline, so it kinda makes more sense that the fate of raiden's amulet depends on his existence. Also as of now we don't know if Shao Kahn is actually dead or not, but we can reasonably say that he won't be battling Raiden again atop Argus's pyramid since Raiden's fight with Shao Kahn was what that caused the amulet to break and that exact event was what Raiden was trying to prevent from happening again.

again not existance.

If Shao khan became a good guy and had no ill will toward raiden.

Then the amulant would fix itself because khan wouldn't want to kill him.

more like a link to his intentions.

Problem with that theory is that Raiden's death by Shao Kahn in the original timeline isn't the only reason that the amulet cracked

Also, there's always a possibility that Kahn could revert to being evil

I doubt that the amulet has such a strong connection to Shao Kahn, to the point where it breaks or fixes itself dependent on simply Kahn's motives

I'm reasonably certain that the simple fact that Kahn being alive will mean that the threat of Armageddon will be still there, no matter how big or small the threat of Armageddon actually is (in the case of Kahn becoming good, it would be small)

The only way to truly eliminate the threat he poses to the realms for good, would be to not only kill him, as he could always find a way to cheat death, but to have him punished by the Elder Gods, to prevent him from ever stepping foot on the realms again

Problem with that theory is that Raiden's death by Shao Kahn in the original timeline isn't the only reason that the amulet cracked

Also, there's always a possibility that Kahn could revert to being evil

I highly doubt that the amulet would have such a strong connection to just Shao Kahn, to the point where it breaks or fixes itself dependent on simply Kahn's motives

I'm reasonably certain that the simple fact that Kahn is alive means that the threat of Armageddon is still there, no matter how big or small the threat of Armageddon actually is (in the case of Kahn becoming good, it would be small)

The only way to truly eliminate the threat he poses to the realms for good, is to not only kill him, as he could always find a way to cheat death, but have him punished by the Elder Gods, to prevent him from ever stepping foot on the realms again

No it makes sense because KHAN is the reason it breaks. Him physically.

Yes could khan turn evil later? sure.

But it would mean it's AFTER armageddon and not during it where Raiden lost.

He averted the scenario where he loses to khan above that pyramid.

Just changing khans desire/intentions can change armageddon's results enough.

I suppose you do have a point

If Kahn became good, maybe that would change the outcome of Armageddon

Still feel sorta sketchy on the whole amulet part, but I'll leave that alone for now

Another interesting development of this is.

If that's the case and armageddon happens anyways. That doesn't mean Raiden will be the victor in said scenario.

Allt he people khan might have killed that Raiden didn't have to fight will be fighting. Thus making the battle still a wild card.

Assuming if they still went in the same direction.

But ya I think they used this game as a reset button on the Lore lol.

Pretty much haha

I love the original timeline, but honestly, I think we needed a reboot

Original timeline was chock full of random retcons lol

The amulet breaks every time Raiden makes a bad decision or one that could lead up to something else. Not when things start going against plan. And Raiden killed Motaro right before Motaro killed Cage during Strykers chapter. That is why. Motaro is already dead.