Blocking overhead hits??

kyoryoku

I thought I read somewhere that its some kind of frame rate exploit that if you block right before an overhead, you can actually block it; however, when you block, your timing must be precise.

I'm not entirely sure how people are doing it online, but I'm trying to put 2 and 2 together about this.
Since I main Noob Saibot, I usually do his b1,2,1,4 combo where his overhead smash is the 3rd hit. The problem to me is that it seems very very unlikely that someone will unblock and block between the 2nd and third hits. There's just too little time to react and time it.
I've noticed too that against some opponents who are blatantly using pads with a turbo function (e.g. consistently landing every air throw when I barely even jump off the ground) that they are able to block all of my overhead hits.
I'm starting to notice more and more some of these *******s that I play online are blocking ALL of my overheads and I am forced to spam because combos DO NOT work.
Is it possible/plausible that they could be using a turbo pad and the block is doing this frame rate exploit, allowing them to block ALL of my overhead hits?
Or am I just unlucky that at least half the people I face have unbelievable timing to block them?

Finally, I would also like to say the same occurrence has happened when I try Smoke's 3,d1,2.

Constructive thoughts please. Thanks

Either I'm noticing it more now or more people are actually doing it.
I got some hate mail today from some dick that was Kano. I couldn't combo him; I had to just try sit back and do specials.
That hypocrite was nice enough to call me a "spammer" when all he did was close range cannonball and long range knife throw. Better yet, I lost since I couldn't combo him to set him up for some resets.

Last edited:
I only got one hatemail before. Apprently I suck for blocking:|. I don't play much against strangers online though.

On topic, I've been noticing everytime I block a combo. They low block and I do the 2 1 3 and I'm like, wtf?

Are they suppose to block it?

I only got one hatemail before. Apprently I suck for blocking:|. I don't play much against strangers online though.

got that before -.- some dude actually told me. you're never gonna win if you keep blocking. -.-
what does he expect? he was using Cage and i was with Sub. i was waiting for an opening , duh ...

as for the overheads. i thought they're blockable by just stand-blocking ??? i usually block noob's string by blocking low and then blocking high. same with liu kang.

On topic, I've been noticing everytime I block a combo. They low block and I do the 2 1 3 and I'm like, wtf?

Are they suppose to block it?

I think its called shadow blocking
Or for the arkys systems fans
Insta-blocking

If you do the 213 with kang and I'm duckin the whole time then when the 3 is coming and I let go of down and block and just do block the animation with show me ducking when the mechanics read my input as standin block.

Same thing with kangs b3 1 2 (or b3 2 1 not sure lo
If you come at me wit that and I tap down and block right when you start the string my characters animation will be standing but the game mecandics will read my input and down and block.

Instant blocking ftw lol

I think its called shadow blocking
Or for the arkys systems fans
Insta-blocking

If you do the 213 with kang and I'm duckin the whole time then when the 3 is coming and I let go of down and block and just do block the animation with show me ducking when the mechanics read my input as standin block.

Same thing with kangs b3 1 2 (or b3 2 1 not sure lo
If you come at me wit that and I tap down and block right when you start the string my characters animation will be standing but the game mecandics will read my input and down and block.

Instant blocking ftw lol

This is correct. I remember it from umk and it does the same when blocking sweeps.

The op confuses me. Does he think overheads always go thru blocking or something? You standblock vs overheads and lowblock vs lows. The key to landing your combos is with mixups or punishes.

I thought I was the only one who faces this online yet it seems people can block overhead's.

How can I do it?

Its called fuzzy guard (proper name?? idk... at least I think that is what you are referring to...)

But You seem to think that overheads are unblockable........

Yeah people refer to it as "fuzzy guarding" and the MK animation system is delayed/flawed, so what you see on screen doesn't really represent what people have already inputted within the game real time.

Basically and it's more noticeable online because of frames delayed(latency). If see someone in the ducked position during the time your overhead has come out they've already released duck and are now stand blocking, but the game hasn't updated the animation to reflect the input change, or the animation gets caught and displays them as blocking low. They aren't cheating or anything.

Yeah, I thought they were unblockable to a duck-block.

Btw, I'm not talking about a jump-punch.

Ah crouchblocking doesn't block overheads this is true. Tho a jip is a overhead. One of two things are happening. Fuzzyguarding as people have stated or simple lag. Enough lag that you don't see a staNce change when your mixup/overhead is read and predicted/guessed/reacted to.

I thought I read somewhere that its some kind of frame rate exploit that if you block right before an overhead, you can actually block it; however, when you block, your timing must be precise.

I'm not entirely sure how people are doing it online, but I'm trying to put 2 and 2 together about this.
Since I main Noob Saibot, I usually do his b1,2,1,4 combo where his overhead smash is the 3rd hit. The problem to me is that it seems very very unlikely that someone will unblock and block between the 2nd and third hits. There's just too little time to react and time it.
I've noticed too that against some opponents who are blatantly using pads with a turbo function (e.g. consistently landing every air throw when I barely even jump off the ground) that they are able to block all of my overhead hits.
I'm starting to notice more and more some of these *******s that I play online are blocking ALL of my overheads and I am forced to spam because combos DO NOT work.
Is it possible/plausible that they could be using a turbo pad and the block is doing this frame rate exploit, allowing them to block ALL of my overhead hits?
Or am I just unlucky that at least half the people I face have unbelievable timing to block them?

Finally, I would also like to say the same occurrence has happened when I try Smoke's 3,d1,2.

Constructive thoughts please. Thanks

Lol I've never heard of that. Turbopads? Damn peoples is crazy. And no you see this is when you have to through them a mix up. Its possible if you know how to play noob them you know what to look for ya know. See I know noob pretty well so if you come at me with his b1214 I'm going to block that over head ever single time. Now yu gotta mix it up start sweeping start throughin shadowslides and do his b12 b 3 which ends in a low kick. That why you force me to think your always trying to hit low. Then you do his regular b1214 which will hit me cause I think your always going low then you go for a blac hole trap and vola big damage lol

Zero reaction time on air throws and hitting every single one when you barely jump off the ground is a blatant one. Especially pre-fight screen where you dial in the symbols. Sometimes those people blast through them. Even after the match, when you select "yes" or "no" sometimes you hear it rapidly ping when they say "yes."

over heads hit crouchblock only,
its called fuzzy-guard.. i looked this up awhile ago too, i was wondering the same thing.
any way everyone has already answered your question.
look up the definition for fuzzy-blocking, or guard..

about those turbo pads though? wtf? i think ive versed someone with one.
he kept doing smokes air grab when i was barely of the ground.. lame.