Seperate Arcade "Choose your Destiy" concept

Sub-Zera

I just had such an idea. We still have 3 tournaments in MK9 Storymode, right? But in Arcade mode everything is messed up, choose anyone of all, and no even "Choose Your Destiny". One more sad things that we can't control opponents' outfits, in Arcade mode they are all by default in main costumes.
Here's what I'd be happy to see:)
1. First, we have as DLC the 3 complete sets of costumes (MK1, 2 and UMK3)
2. We have some new DLC arenas: Kombat Tomb, Warrior Shrine, Palace Gates, Pit3, Balcony, The Portal, etc.
3. Motaro :)))))

And here's "CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY" where we have 4 towers. In the first one we can choose only these characters who was seen in MK1, also, them we see as opponents. They all wear MK1 outfits, appear on MK1 stages, and at the end - Goro and Old Shang Tsung. The same with the next 2 towers: Only MK2 fighters, in MK2 outfits, on MK2 stages, Kintaro, Shao Kahn. The same with UMK3.
And the last 4th tower - a standard one, for those who loves all to be in one.

What do you think? I'm just absessed by this idea:)

Yup all wonderful ideas and something that I would love to see!! Especially the Choose Your Destiny idea. The Nostalgia rush (with MK1,MK2,UMK3 Costumes/stages in the respective ladder for opponents) that would bring would be Epic!!

It would also be interesting to see how Motaro would shape up in MK9 if NRS plans to include him. I would like him to be similar to the badass boss he was in UMK3. :)

Yup yup yup nice idea, don't like Motaro though but I don't care 'bout Boss fights in particular so, but the rest yes yes yes:)

I dont agree with the "all" using classics thing, your idea is great, I would like an MK1, MK2 and MK3 tower but with regular outfits, maybe an option in the same ladder to change all the costumes for retro but everyone using the main costume by default.

Holy crap, i'm so inspired by this idea! How do you think, is there any proper way to bring it to Boon?:p

Its hard to explain but unnaturally fast animations with HD realistic looking people just look wrong.

Before I take anyone's opinion into consideration, find me an HDish 2d fighter that looks all right.

Examples of failures:

There are many more, but I don't remember all of their names.

Granted, I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm too much man for my own good.

Holy crap, i'm so inspired by this idea! How do you think, is there any proper way to bring it to Boon?:p
Try tweeting him, hopefully it might catch his attention :). There is a person also named Rigo (I think) who takes ideas from fans on NRS. Try tweeting him as well. :)

Its hard to explain but unnaturally fast animations with HD realistic looking people just look wrong.

Before I take anyone's opinion into consideration, find me an HDish 2d fighter that looks all right.

Examples of failures:

There are many more, but I don't remember all of their names.

Granted, I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm too much man for my own good.

Hmmm looks like you posted in a wrong thread. This thread is about classic Mk ideas for MK9 by Sub-Zera. :)

I know whell what exactly you're talking about. But in my opinion, even these things that you call "fail" look much better than MKDA-MKA 3D models. And yep, wrong topic)

Try tweeting him, hopefully it might catch his attention :). There is a person also named Rigo (I think) who takes ideas from fans on NRS. Try tweeting him as well. :)

I think you mean Rigo Cortez, his twitter is ninjaboy66, but he's just the guy that makes the videos and mkcast. He was also teh guy who gave the blueberry and lime hints.

Very very awesome ideas! Just to hear the words again, "Choose Your Destiny," would give me old-school MK3 chills. The nostalgia factor of that would be through the roof!

Why not throw in some endurance matches in each tower too? 1vs2 (Liu Kang, Kung Lao - Shaolin Monks!!) and 1vs3 :)hail: Kitana, Jade, Mileena)! That would be.. :wiggle: :marchmellow: :ftw: :cheers:

Lets hope someone from NRS views this thread and it could possibly happen! I'm sure many of us here approve of this! I know I would instantly buy this, day one, NO QUESTIONS! :-D

Sub-Zera wins! Flawless Victory!

Yeah, I like it!
I miss the endurances in this games. I would liked to see an endurance match in the "ladder" at least in the hardests levels.

Hope NRS read this :p

I think we should have a "Build a ladder" option, setting the quantity of chars we want, what characters we want on it and in what order, what costumes do we want them to use, what stages, etc, etc, and we should be able to save that ladders so we can load them and replay them everytime we want, though this is not going to happen...

All I want is VS CPU, that would be awesome.

I thought of this a while back but I called it the flashback mode to play the ladders like they were in the original game with original kharacters,skins,fatalities,stages and bosses.

Bumping this thread, mostly because this is an AWESOME idea, and I really want Motaro to make an appearance as a boss character.

I was thinking maybe the 4th tower could be one where you can choose how many (and which) fighters you want to fight? The only catch would be is that you HAVE TO fight through 2 endurance matches and then fight Tsung, Goro, Kintaro, Motaro and Shao Kahn in that order. Or something along those lines.

Again, I love this idea. I would instantly purchase this for DLC.

They just need to add ALL of the characters to the ladder/tag ladder because 10 fights, even on expert is way too short. They should also have the cpu in ladder wear the alternate costumes.