Dead Space thread

Did anyone here beat DS3 yet, I did yesterday.

Spoiler:
I honestly thought they were going to kill off Issac in this one, not that I don't like him, but AI thought it was pretty dumb when they hinted that he was still alive after the credits.

what do i do with the peng treasure in ds3? i was gunna sell it but it didnt say i would get anything. plus theres no $$.

I hope they scrap the whole co op thing in the next dead space game. and I hope they make the different types of ammo like in DS1 and 2, not the same ammo for flame fuel for the rivet gun and so on. the only thing that really kept me going in ds3 was the story. well I liked the game but not near as much as ds 1 and 2. it was like going from re4 to re5 lol.

I never finished Dead Space 3, nor do I plan to. I gave it a chance, and EA screwed it up.

The first game; glorious.

The second game; very good.

The third game; I tried playing solo and co op, got to the same places in each playthrough and quit. It just doesn't have the same feel as DS1 or DS2. Thanks again for ruining another series EA. You better hope Mirror's Edge and Battlefront are stellar.

I thought ds2 was better than ds1. why do most people think ds1 was better? what made it more action? I hear that one a lot.

I thought ds2 was better than ds1. why do most people think ds1 was better? what made it more action? I hear that one a lot.

The first game is more focused on the horror aspect and thats what made it golden. There was a grand total of three main voices that you heard throughout the game and you truly felt alone. It was a lot scarier than the second game and third game. Heck when the you found the mofo at the end of the tube in the life support chamber, that was the scariest part of the game with that massive mess of flesh and tentacles. Everything done in DS1 was superb.

DS2 was good, but it was more action oriented. It takes away the fear factor when you ride on a train or shoot a window and all the necromporphs fly out. Isaac talks now, which is cool, but it completely changed the feel of the game.

I hope they scrap the whole co op thing in the next dead space game. and I hope they make the different types of ammo like in DS1 and 2, not the same ammo for flame fuel for the rivet gun and so on. the only thing that really kept me going in ds3 was the story. well I liked the game but not near as much as ds 1 and 2. it was like going from re4 to re5 lol.

i didfnt get d3 ( waiting for it to hit $19.99) but it was confirmed there wont be a 4th since the devs are doing a star wars title since ea got the exclusive rights to do star wars titles

i didfnt get d3 ( waiting for it to hit $19.99) but it was confirmed there wont be a 4th since the devs are doing a star wars title since ea got the exclusive rights to do star wars titles

there probably will be a ds4, they will probably make it after the star wars game.

@bruzz: what part are you talking about? "mofo at the end of the tube"? ive played through ds1 several times and still don't know what you are talking about. do you mean those big guys stuck to the wall that spit out little guys and chop your head off if you get too close? cuz theyre in ds2 and 3.

anyone wish that they would make a Dead Space 4 soon?

So far it is unlikely. Dead Space 3 sold less than expected, so EA put a stop on Dead Space series. Of course there is a chance for them to resume, but so far no news about development (at least I haven't heard anything)

if they would just get rid of the crappy co-op and weapon crafting then about 90% of the problems Dead Space 3 had would be fixed.

I hope it's real. The dead space games are great, even dead space 3 wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't a good dead space game.

They need to bring the node system back and get rid of the universal ammo. Also no green necromorphs this time please lol.

the node system was great and i hated the shared ammo. i cant remember who the green necromorphs are. i even googled it and couldnt find it. another thing that sort of bothered me was that weapon crafting. they should just make the weapons the way they were in the first 2 games. and NO CO-OP!!! also they need to bring back the manual saving. i dont mind auto saves at some parts but what is the problem developers have with manual saving now?

Last edited:
I remember seeing green necromorphs in dead space 3.

I've just had a look. Most of the necromorphs are grey skin, with green uniforms. The puker is the only one i could see with green skin. I understand why they look like that. Being 200 years old and mummified. They just didn't look as disturbing as dead space 1 and 2 imo.

I forgot how they didn't put the saving spots in dead space 3, using that terrible auto save feature instead. Lets just hope they don't do that again.