Why do the 3D MK games tend to get hate compared to the 2D games?

Corner Combos, Move Spamming, really "interesting" gameplay for the year 2011. A 3D Version of MK9 would let the most people cry because their "fighting style" would not work.

Well guess what, that's part of what makes Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat. And people who complain about move spamming just aren't good enough to know how to dodge it. Or shouldn't be playing online in the first place. But the gameplay in MK9 is far superior to Deception's. You'd have to be a daft lunatic to say otherwise.

Well Mk4 was good. MkDa was alright only because Scopion's raging rampage after Quan Chi. But they kill Lu Kang? Kung LAo dosent wear his hat? This started to strip the legacy of MK. Deceptions engine was better but so slow, speaking for 3d its the best one because MkA was 100 characters with the exact same feel and combos. But the "story modes" were absolutely dreadful on MkD and MkA. So all of it.

Do some of you really think crappy MK4 is better fighting game than MKDA/D/A?
shock.gif

Do some of you really think crappy MK4 is better fighting game than MKDA/D/A?
shock.gif

I do. MK4 was a good game. Not as good as the original Trilogy, but at least it retained some of the playability of those games. I enjoyed it a lot more than MK5-7 (And, of course, MKvsDC).

I'm sorry, but MK Deception was pretty badass at the time. You just had to be there to know. I remember the commercials where sub freezes baraka and throws him into the sawblades and everyone was like "DAMN, cant wait to do that to someone who isnt frozen"

It wasnt that great of a game compared to the old ones or MK9, but they brought back alot of old characters, the trapps were also kinda cool, and they really did a good job marketing the game with characters like Baraka. I dont know, I guess its somewhat nostalgic now. Its not even THAT old, but I'll always remember it.

Deadly Alliance was the reborn of MK after 5-year gap, MK4 was serie's downfall, even Tobias smelled the shit and left Midway.

Deception was fun to watch, not so much to play.
Even though its Konquest was a masterpiece.

Plus it was great for all my PS2 having friends to be envious of my playable Goro & Shao Kahn :shiner:

Deadly Alliance was the reborn of MK after 5-year gap, MK4 was serie's downfall, even Tobias smelled the shit and left Midway.

I was under the impression that Tobias left Midway to form his own game studio. But in any case, you'd be wrong to blame the downfall of the series solely on MK4. MK: Special Forces was rushed out the door when Tobias left, and it showed. Also MK: Annihilation, for which Tobias co-wrote the story, wasn't exactly a box office smash.