Return Of Positive Only Reputation?

Should Reputation System Return But Positive Only?

• No, I like having no reputation system

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Yes make it positive only.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Yes make it positive only, and reset everyone to zero reputation.

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • No, I want the old system with negative and positive back.

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters
Yes, but positive only unless negative doesn't take away positive EX.

Lets say i have 56 Positive and 45 negative, the more negative i get does not change my positive number!

Having either a positive-only rep system, a "thanking system", or the old rep system does have one advantage: it eliminates the need for some people to respond to a particular post with stuff that, "This +10000000" or "I agree with this." That alone is enough to seriously consider bringing the rep system back.

TRMK has been a lot better without rep. Good that we had a trial period to test out how things would be and I am quite sure I like it without rep now. :)

Trust me, it makes no difference and people will still do it. Most people can't even follow simple rules here.

I haven't been here for a long long long time. So, what happened to the karma thingy?

People were abusing it by giving negative rep for the smallest of reasons and the mods were getting too many complaints. So they just got rid of it, and it should stay like this IMO.

Thanks. It's funny. That was happening to me years ago. I got negative karma from people just because I own a PS3. How lame is that I ask you. I see that not much has changed in that respect. Once again, thanks for filling me in, dude.

Damn. 7 years a member as of this month. Time goes by fast.

Thanks. It's funny. That was happening to me years ago. I got negative karma from people just because I own a PS3. How lame is that I ask you. I see that not much has changed in that respect. Once again, thanks for filling me in, dude.

Damn. 7 years a member as of this month. Time goes by fast.

No problem. ;) And welcome back.

I still want it back :(
But obviously.. even if it was Positive only, some people would give it out for the stupidest shit.
Like, "Nice Sig!" :x
However, it would be a pretty good addition for congratulating members for good debate topics n shit.

I too wouldn't mind it returning as long as its similar to the old karma system, where only the mods could award it. But then again, not sure how effective it will be since there is a good possibility for people constantly pestering them for it. Perhaps another alternative could be awarding members dragon symbols for their contributions/good posts etc.

Eitherways, loving the no rep, so far, I feel its a lot better this way.

I too wouldn't mind it returning as long as its similar to the old karma system, where only the mods could award it. But then again, not sure how effective it will be since there is a good possibility for people constantly pestering them for it.

Yes! That's a great idea, FJ!! :) :cool:
Only mods can hand out the cookies :mullet:
Is their any objections now?
Good.
Meeting adjourned. :laugh:

Good thing I joined this site as late as I did! With some of the stuff I blurted out when I first joined, I definitely would've gotten negative rep points (such as the advocation of MAME over MKAK, for instance).

Not that I care about that kind of stuff...rep is nothing more than a material thing, anyway!

Last edited: