Official 'Batman Begins' Thread (56K - Not Recommended)

Batman Begins Sets New IMAX Record
Source: IMAX Corporation
June 20, 2005

IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that "Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience" debuted with record breaking box office results and outstanding moviegoer response this past weekend. The digitally re-mastered IMAX release of Batman Begins set the record for IMAX's biggest five day opening, with estimated domestic grosses of $3.16 million, as well as the highest grossing opening day for a Hollywood simultaneous release, at approximately $754,000.

The film opened in 55 North American IMAX® theatres, registering an impressive per screen average of more than $57,500 over the five-day period from Wednesday, June 15 to Sunday, June 19. "Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience" also opened strong in several key international territories, with IMAX theatres in the UK, Mexico, The Netherlands and France reporting sold out shows, high occupancy rates and particularly strong results. The total box office grosses from the 16 international IMAX theatres that opened the film this weekend are estimated to be $487,000.

The two new AMC IMAX theatres located in Phoenix and Kansas City - which signed just six weeks ago and debuted with "Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience":

- sold out almost all of their showings during their opening weekend. The newest Cinepolis IMAX theatre, which opened in Guadalajara, Mexico timed to the release of the film, also debuted with numerous sell-outs and great consumer response. The bfi IMAX theatre in London was again the top performing international site in the IMAX theatre network, with opening weekend grosses of $109,000. The Pathe IMAX Theatre in Amsterdam, the Gaumont Disney Village IMAX theatre and the other Cinepolis IMAX theatres in Mexico City and Monterrey also reported impressive results.

"The strong opening weekend performance of 'Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience' is a testament to what a fantastic film this is, how ideally suited it is for IMAX's format, and the outstanding job Warner Bros. Pictures has done in promoting it," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "The strong word of mouth coming out of the first weekend leads us to believe this film will be a significant draw for the IMAX theatre network all summer. Just as 'The Polar Express' excited audiences in IMAX® 3D, we feel 'Batman Begins' in IMAX's format will bring in incremental 2D audiences eager to pay a premium price for The IMAX Experience®."

Im gonna go and watch it on imax next, i really need to see it again...

also it's not bane, the villain is called, 'Mr. Zsasz' played by Tim Booth, former lead singer of James.

SolidSkorpion said:
also it's not bane, the villain is called, 'Mr. Zsasz' played by Tim Booth, former lead singer of James.
Holy crap, your right. The whole scar thing should have tipped me off. >_<

Just saw it earlier today, and loved it. The only part I didn't like was how much time they gave the batmobile...i mean, i know its supposed to be all special and whatever, but I get sick of seeing it after 20 minutes, ya know?

to tell you the truth i found the old batman better and his old car was better than his new one by far i think the should have keep everything the same except for the people who played them

I didn't necessarily think it was better than Tim Burton's Batman, which has always been one of my favorite movies, but it's at least damn close. The more I see it, I might even end up liking it more than the original, but for now it's a god damn awesome movie and the best I've seen in years. It isn't even directly comparable to the original movie, anyway; they both served completely different purposes in their respected times and were done in different styles.

Also, keep in mind that this is "Batman Begins", not "Batman's already a distinguished force and has customized gadgets up the wazoo". This movie shows Batman as he becomes Batman, which means the whole thing is still new to him and likewise is supposed to be a bit rough around the edges. Tim Burton's movie saw a Batman who was already established long enough to have a completely customized Batmobile and everything else.

Anyway, I think in the sequel we'll see a more personalized Batmobile and all the customized shit that we're used to seeing in Batman movies.

Amen to that. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like George Clooney locked up in a cage somewhere to keep him from having anything to do with this new series, either.

SolidSkorpion said:
Oh my god this film looks verrry good from what I have seen.

I've seen that film last weekend, and it....was....DOPE!!! It definitely more than makes up for Batman & Robin.

When you get the chance, see it. You won't be sorry.