Official 'Batman Begins' Thread (56K - Not Recommended)

SolidSkorpion

Oh my god this film looks verrry good from what I have seen.

6936.jpg

and here is the other - Teaser Poster

Pic of the new Batmobile -
08.jpg

erm... funky

It stars fan fave's Christian Bale in the lead and Chris Nolan as director. Aswell as having Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson and Katie Holmes.

Official Site

If it's half as good as the original Batman I'll be pretty damn happy. It does look like it might be pretty cool. I don't think too much of that Batmobile, though, they'll never beat the one in the first two movies. That thing was bad-fucking-ass.

This looks to be the one that gets the franchise back on track. Christian Bale will be one of the better Batman's they've had (not that there is a lot of good competition). The Batmobile on the other hand is a joke...although I'm sure the rednecks who dig monster trucks will think it is the coolest thing ever....

The first two Batman movies were'nt bad, but the rest sucked. This one will bring back the Batman franchise most definetly. The Batmobile is disgusting!

Not to mention the "Batcard, don't leave home without it!" gag. I about walked out of the theatre on that.

I saw some of the vehicles used for the new Batman filming downtown Chicago and also saw some video clips that people took of the filming. The movie appears to be keeping the dark tone it should have, and I love the cast. I have a feeling it'll be an excellent movie, or so I hope! *crosses fingers*

interesting note on the new batmobile, is that it is completly built from scratch, whereas previous ones were based around existing engines and chassis. (I think chevrolet for batman and batman returns )

I can't wait until this movie comes out, Bale looks like he'd make a really good Batman, as previously stated. I wonder how the Scarecrow's going to look. He is the main villian, right?

Reminds of the the chainsaw villagers from RE4. Excellent. As for the movie, I'm glad they are making it "Dark", like it should be. The cast is great.

I've been awaiting this movie since it was first announced.

I really got excited when Christian Bale was announced as the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. If anyone can pull this role off, it's him. The guy is an incredible actor - able to play many different personalities (as he even plays multiple ones in American Psycho). Bale possesses traits which make him the best Bruce Wayne (suave, handsome, in shape, business like) as well as Batman (dark, bad temper, intelligent).

The movie itself looks to be great and I have heard from the short-previews they have let people see in theaters so far, it's been getting loud applauds and cheers. It also has Ras Al Ghul as the featured enemy - probabaly Batman's best overall enemy in terms of originality and thinking style - as well as the Scarecrow. It also seems to take a more serious tone - something the last two Batmans were polar oppisites of.

It's the only movie I plan on seeing in the theater besides the obvious Star Wars. I havn't been to the theater since Pirates of the Carribean - I never go as movies suck now a days.

Yeah, this movie does look pretty good. Bale will make a great young Bruce Wayne/Batman. George Clooney had potential to make a pretty good, middle-aged Batman, but he had a horrible script.

Final Night said:
Yeah, this movie does look pretty good. Bale will make a great young Bruce Wayne/Batman. George Clooney had potential to make a pretty good, middle-aged Batman, but he had a horrible script.

Clooney made a great Bruce Wayne - suave, charming, and charasmatic. He also had that middle-aged but youthful appearance.

However as Batman it just doesn't work. He isn't buff enough, always has a sort of "smirk" on his face, and just doesn't look 'dark' enough to pull of Batman. Christian Bale can do both.