somthing fun for genesis version i found

CAJones220

I was searching around romhacking.net, when I found something very cool for the genesis version of mk2. It's called mortal kombat 2 unlimited. This hack allows you to play all of the hidden charecters and bosses. On top of that it has added options of a mk3 style combo system and run button which you can toggle on or off. Also this hack added endurance mode and training mode. mk1 stages and music have also been added.

link : Link removed

Brutalities have also been added

Please don't post links to ROMs as it is against the rules. Thanks.
-DCR, TRMK Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I will remember this. But I would like to mention that it is a ROM hack no ROM's are allowed on the linked site either.

I will remember this. But I would like to mention that it is a ROM hack no ROM's are allowed on the linked site either.

Okay, I see what you mean; the link was for an IPS patch, not the actual ROM. Sorry. Still, it's a gray area at best and it would probably be better not to link to it.

Anyway, I've actually played the hack myself. It's kinda fun to mess around with. The fact that this guy managed to squeeze in most of the missing samples also proves just what a lousy job Probe originally did with the port (and really all Sega ports in general).

understandable you gotta keep the site out of trouble.

I thought that the first MK for genesis was a really good port. Other then that I agree.

understandable you gotta keep the site out of trouble.

I thought that the first MK for genesis was a really good port. Other then that I agree.

Say what? The MKI port was even worse... you're opinion is being swayed by how it actually had blood and correct fatalities unlike the SNES

This is way better than the lousy Kollector Edition NRS is offering...Also it has a perfect aspect ratio.
Dont know if videos of ROMs can be posted (weird if I cant)....But here:

Say what? The MKI port was even worse... you're opinion is being swayed by how it actually had blood and correct fatalities unlike the SNES

cool that you think that and all, but im serious i thought the genesis version of mk1 was very good. simply opinion, quite getting riled up over nothing.

Apparently. Never realized it until I came back here this year after a 4 year absence. It's funny how the internet landscape changes. Not that you're old enough to have noticed.

Oh I get it now. Your a cranky old man who's pissy that the little heathens dont think like you do. For someone of your age, you sure need to grow up.

I don't have a problem with people who don't think like I do. I'm fine with them. It's idiots that I have a problem with. There's a difference.