MKT compatible with my PS3?

Chau

Would MKT (PS1 of course) work on my 320 GB PS3 (Fat Model)? I'm asking this because I just ordered one on Ebay...

All PS3s should be able to play PS1 games, as long as they are from the same region.
Plus I have MK Trilogy for PS1 too, so I play it on my PS3 :)

Keep in mind playing this on a PS2/PS3 your limited to no Shao Kahn Treasures and if you let the timer goto 0 when you lose it will freeze until reset. I just got MKT again finally and picked up a PS1 so I can enjoy those parts of the game (even tho they aren't a big deal to some).

But I'm having trouble with the One-Button fatalities, anyone know if theyre screwed up when playing on a PS3? or is it just me? Sometimes I'll hit a button and itll do a friendship or something, but other times it'll either do nothing or automatically jump towards the opponent and continuously walk into them until the fatality time is done.

If anyone knows why or what to do, feel free to let me know.

Don't see why it wouldn't, all PS3's are backwards compatible for PS1 games....it should work just fine I would imagine.

Yeah I have a slim 350 gb PS3 and I have Trilogy and it works. PS2 games only play on the older PS3s before they took that feature out of newer models though. But PS1 games play no problem.

Worse comes to worse, you can always pick up a used PS2 dirt cheap to play PS1 games on. I grabbed mine for about $40 if I remember correctly.

Keep in mind playing this on a PS2/PS3 your limited to no Shao Kahn Treasures and if you let the timer goto 0 when you lose it will freeze until reset. I just got MKT again finally and picked up a PS1 so I can enjoy those parts of the game (even tho they aren't a big deal to some).

But I'm having trouble with the One-Button fatalities, anyone know if theyre screwed up when playing on a PS3? or is it just me? Sometimes I'll hit a button and itll do a friendship or something, but other times it'll either do nothing or automatically jump towards the opponent and continuously walk into them until the fatality time is done.

Sometimes the constant walking towards the opponent thing happens to me, and I think it would happen on the SNES UMK3 MK3 games too. I might just be remembering that part wrong though. Anyways, I found what works for me is just know what button does what fatality and go to where that fatality is supposed to be performed, or close to it. It leaves less room for this glitch thing to happen if you are already there.

Yes MKT will work on any PS3. I play my copy regularly. The drawback is there's no Kahn treasures, and once you've beaten the game it just hangs in limbo (faint music but black screen). Occasionally the game will glitch on 1 button fatalities.

200 yeah

MK Trilogy works just fine on my ps3. I have the 60gb day 1 release that I replaced the hard drive to a 500gb.

Actually all ps1/2 games work just fine on my ps3.

MK Trilogy works just fine on my ps3. I have the 60gb day 1 release that I replaced the hard drive to a 500gb.
Actually all ps1/2 games work just fine on my ps3.

I used to have a sheet load of ps1 and ps2 games that I had to get rid of. my ps3 version isn't compatible. I still have mk1-mk3 on port that I play. IF I CHANGE MY 80 GB HD TO A 500GB HD WOULD I BE ABLE TO PLAY MY OTHER PS2/PS1 GAMES. Where would I find a 500gb and how would I swap the hd>

I used to have a sheet load of ps1 and ps2 games that I had to get rid of. my ps3 version isn't compatible. I still have mk1-mk3 on port that I play. IF I CHANGE MY 80 GB HD TO A 500GB HD WOULD I BE ABLE TO PLAY MY OTHER PS2/PS1 GAMES. Where would I find a 500gb and how would I swap the hd>

The only PS3 that plays ALL ps2 games is the original PS3 60gb. The 20,40 & 80 had problems with ps2 games. The slim ps3's don't play ps2 games at all.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=6do6TvvvJ8WbtweBlaT4Ag&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAQ

^That's what I used to upgrade my gb hard drive. It's a laptop internal hard drive that works like a charm and was very easy to change out. Just youtube videos on how to replace. The hardest part was trying to get the screws off the 60gb hard drive.

MKT was buggy as all hell, so even on PS1 the 1 button fatalities didnt seem to work 1/4 of the time