Doom (game)

Destroyer_13

ok i dont want to go through like 58 pages to see if theres a doom thread. i checked a few and didnt see one. so i hope there isnt one already.

ok. i dont know another way to put this, but they need to do like what NRS did with mk to doom.

ok. i dont know another way to put this, but they need to do like what NRS did with mk to doom.

I think Doom 4 is in the works, but If its anything like Doom 3, then I am not playing that crap

but I love the doom games to pieces. own Doom 1,2 ,Final on PC, and also DOOM 64 (underated and great game)

ya i hope doom 4 will not be like doom 3. i want them to get rid of the flashlight and the stupid PDA. and lol i hope the pinkies look like they did on doom 1. oh and the cacodemons looked stupid on doom 3. oh and ya doom 64 was awesome. way better than doom 3.

The Cyberdemons are so damn scary at times. How you can hear their heavy clanking noise slowly get closer to you

Tower of Babel has always been a cool level, long ranged missle fights never dissapoint

I don't think that going back to Doom's original roots would be a good idea. It's old style of gameplay is a bit outdated. It's still playable cuz it is the foundation every fps out, but I don't think it is what people would want.

It also might me too late to reinvented Doom with the oversaturation of fps out nowadays and cod, it won't get overlooked cuz its doom, but it would quickly die or get unfavorable reviews cuz it prolly wouldn't bring anything new or do anything to separate it from cod. They should prolly wait till the fps genre dies a bit.

They also tried to give it a reboot with Doom 3 and it wasn't that well received by the critics and apparently some of you guys. But it was pretty good. I loved going around and collecting all the audio logs and other things and listening to them and getting kinda sucked in. And I liked playing the chicken punching game, lol.

I personally love the game and still play it ,both the originals and 3 and it's expansion, and would love another reboot but I don't know what else they could do to re-revamp the original barebones story or what they could do to make the gameplay standout. They would be borrowing a lot from other games and would prolly be like a call of duty version of doom, and that would be terrible. They should probably let it die. It ran it's course in the 90s and will be remembered as the game that started the fps's popularity.

I also think Dead Space took a lot from Doom 3 with the atmosphere and things you collect and the psx version of doom and doom 64 mainly with atmosphere and creepyness. So, in a sense, Dead Space is like the new Doom. That is until Isaac started talking.

Last edited:
Dead Space is the closest thing to Doom I've seen. I'll give it that. I really dont think they should have made a dead space 2 though, as now their just gonna milk the crap out of it and all its scaryness will go away.

And I know what you mean about how it could be bad to try and go back to Doom's roots. I really dont want Doom 4 to turn into the next Duke Nukem Forever. As that game couldnt even gets its own roots back either, just a total mess.

The guys at iD are releasing RAGE soon, and I dont see how any doom influence could be in there. Seems they have moved on from their past and want to go in a new direction.
My last resort is if Valve could make the new DOOM game, as they are one of the few developers that still have an "Old School" vibe in alot of their games.

But I guess I'd rather they let the series stay dead and a legend than try to revamp it and accidently ruin it

The Cyberdemons are so damn scary at times. How you can hear their heavy clanking noise slowly get closer to you

Tower of Babel has always been a cool level, long ranged missle fights never dissapoint

I remember playing that over and over! Such a fun battle that was!

VVV This right here is forever burnt in my memory! I remember getting here and it was just insanity.

I for one liked DOOM 3, aside from the flashlight issues I enjoyed it. Really looking forward to 4!

Doom4 has been in the works for quite a while now. I think what's going to separate it is how good it's going to look. Supposedly it will look about 3-4 times better than Rage, because it runs at half the speed(30fps as opposed to 60.). Also, I don't think Doom3 was held to as much scrutiny as you're making it sound. It was the dawn of "next-gen". People couldn't believe how good it looked. I remember thinking that the gameplay was just cut-scenes. I remember it getting pretty favorable reviews as well. Sure, the flashlight thing was difficult, but that was all part of the ambiance. And we needn't worry about a Duke Nukem : Forever scenario. Duke used outdated graphics and had horrific loading times. Plus it was hyped beyond belief. I have no doubt that Doom is going to throw the ****ing gauntlet down for the fps genre. Id has been teasing at showing it for years now. Saying that it's not going to take half as long as Rage did (Rage has been in production since 2007..). So hopefully when Quake con happens in a week or so they'll actually give us a first look into it. By the way, does anyone know if Rage really did go ahead and go with a Teen rating? I've seen people being be-headed in the trailers. So I'm going to guess not?

@the johnny rook: i beat that icon of sin level on ultra violence. that level is tricky with all the cacodemons, pain elementals, and lost souls flying around. they keep getting in the way of your shot. remember cyberden? or "go 2 it"? those were freakin hard.

i just hope they put all the best stuff of the old doom games in doom 4. i want it to be faster paced than doom 3 was. we want a dark atmosphere, not just dark as in all the lights are off. and omg i hope you dont need a soul cube to kill a cyberdemon. it would be cool to have it but not required. and i hope that arch viles actually bring dead enemies back to life instead of the way they were in doom 3. which means the dead bodies of monsters have to stay and not just burn to nothing like on doom 3. and i really dont want them to give the main character an identity. in the old dooms it kinda just had a plain looking face and you would be putting yourself into the game. it was you. more hell-ish stuff everywhere would be good. they had this in doom 3 but there should be more. boss fights in doom 3 were good. im hoping for some more of those.

They said that it wasn't a reboot or a sequel(wut?lol), but that it would play wayyy more similar to the classic games. They're going for the speed of the classic games. With more variation of course.

i just hope they put all the best stuff of the old doom games in doom 4. i want it to be faster paced than doom 3 was. we want a dark atmosphere, not just dark as in all the lights are off. and omg i hope you dont need a soul cube to kill a cyberdemon. it would be cool to have it but not required. and i hope that arch viles actually bring dead enemies back to life instead of the way they were in doom 3. which means the dead bodies of monsters have to stay and not just burn to nothing like on doom 3. and i really dont want them to give the main character an identity. in the old dooms it kinda just had a plain looking face and you would be putting yourself into the game. it was you. more hell-ish stuff everywhere would be good. they had this in doom 3 but there should be more. boss fights in doom 3 were good. im hoping for some more of those.
I cant decide how I want doom 4 to be though, more like the origials(faster paced, metal soundrack) or more like the 64 version, which was creepier and overall more satanic.

I hope they somehow manage to find a way and mix these two syles to greate the greatest doom game yet.

and I know what you mean about not giving the character an identity, I liked that too. Giving Issac a voice and personality ruined Dead Space 2, and I dont want them to do the same with Doom

i downloaded this doom level builder you gotta try it if you havent. it called "OBLIDGE level maker" you like can put pretty much whatever you want and it like does the work for you. its awesome. you can make just 1 level or a whole game just like that!

I cant decide how I want doom 4 to be though, more like the origials(faster paced, metal soundrack) or more like the 64 version, which was creepier and overall more satanic.

I hope they somehow manage to find a way and mix these two syles to greate the greatest doom game yet.

and I know what you mean about not giving the character an identity, I liked that too. Giving Issac a voice and personality ruined Dead Space 2, and I dont want them to do the same with Doom

Have you ever played the ps1 version of Doom? It came out early in the ps1's life so it came out well before the n64 version. It is a mix of the old pc games, Doom 1 and 2, with new lighting and the sound effects and music that was used in the 64 game. I find it pretty unique and it makes the old game very creepy. I think it may be my favorite version of the game.

im sure doom 4 will be much better than doom 3 and will be more like the old dooms. i really think they know we dont want "call of duty with doom monsters" lol you know what i mean. but there are quite a few things they have to improve or change to do it right. of course i said this before... NO PDA AND NO FLASHLIGHT!! thats what they gotta take out.

@sky_valley: i actually consider final doom to be THE doom 3 and doom 64 to be THE doom 4.

NRS should make KI3 **** they would revive this game it needs to be recreated man best fighting game so underated.

I would spend hours playing the Icon Of Sin level just to see how long I could last before dying.

Also its been confirmed that Doom 4 is indeed in the works and will be different than Doom 3