Frost: How will she differ from Sub Zero?

You guys need to stop saying she's so similar to Sub-Zero. Remember when human Smoke was just a Scorpion clone? Remember when Ermac and Skarlet were just glitches? I could go on and on.

As much as I would like to see some sort of "difference" I hate to admit it but she will not really be anything but a female version of Sub. They could give her all sorts of moves but they would all be ice based and its just a twist on what Sub has. If they reinvented her, she really wouldnt be Frost anymore. She would have to be a whole new character with a new name.

I agree, Frost will need a major over hual, because as of right now, she's nothing more than a female Sub-Zero.

You guys need to stop saying she's so similar to Sub-Zero. Remember when human Smoke was just a Scorpion clone? Remember when Ermac and Skarlet were just glitches? I could go on and on.

But they are completely different.

Smoke uses smoke, Scorpion uses fire.
Ermac was a different color than the other ninjas.

Sub-Zero has everything Frost could have.

He has the slide, ground freeze, he has the ice daggers and the ice swords.

I do remember when Smoke was a Scorpion clone. Thats why I have been against Cyber Smoke since the onset of DLC options. And as you can see by my signature, I like the female characters (including Frost) but the simple fact is what the post above me says : There is no way to differeniate moves between the 3 ice characters and totally make them really unique.

well for one, frost is alive
(both Subby's are dead...maybe we keep it that way if frost is in the next game to save us from doubling up on character types)

Smoke wasn't a female version of Scorpion. Similar moves sure, and I understand what you're saying at least. Seeing how NRS did with re-vamping the characters I'm sure they could do something pretty crazy with Frost.

Frost could have something like an Ice dagger throw, Ice teleport, Ice barrier that reflects projectiles,a blockable version of the ground freeze but you have to block low, and an anti air freeze move for when they jump towards you, I would use her if she was good

ok frost was made to have more female chacracters nothing against the character but i don't see her being any thing more then a stand in. u can't take something unique like ice powers and just transfer it to another character.

boon and nrs can try and remake her but if she uses ice powers then she'll never be more than just a female version of sub zero. in my opnion there is no to way change her that wouldn't envoke the thought of she's just a rip off.

Last edited:
so what if she uses ice? ermac and kenshi both use telekenesis, yet they are completely different. scorpion, sheeva and shang tsung all use fire, yet they are completely different aswell.

Last edited:
I would love to see her as an actual QUICK Ninja character that is just like Johnny Cage and relies on speed and quick brutal combos.

I think as they've shown with the cast so far, they definitely could make her relevant and a worthwhile addition, but they'd need to work at moving her moveset away from similarities to Sub-Zero, otherwise she'll definitely just be female Sub-Zero.

So that means no iceball, no iceslide, etc, give her moves that have never been associated with Sub-Zero, make her playstyle very different. The little ice daggers idea is on the right track, but then they can't just make her Skarlett in blue.

so what if she uses ice? ermac and kenshi both use telekenesis, yet they are completely different. scorpion, sheeva and shang tsung all use fire, yet they are completely different aswell.

they all use it differently
shang
flaming skulls - projectile
scorpion
hellfire - ground hit
backfilp kick - combo hit's
tosty - fatality
sheeva
fire ball - projectile

ermac controlls u with his telekanetic powers and kenshi only has one control move and that's his grab even that is different. kenshi uses telekanetic sprit constructs see that is what i'm saying same type of power different use.

now think
subzero
ice ball - projectile
slide - ground hit
ice clone - stationary move
ice grab - grab

every move that she does will be the same. ground freeze sub does it, a freeze grab sub does it, dagger's throws that freeze u well sub has his ice ball tell me a move that she can do that sub has not done. even the parry move that someone suggested he has it.

it's not that i hate the character like i said it's that there is nothing that she could do that he hasn't already done in some way shape or form is what i'm trying to say.

Last edited:
But they are completely different.

Smoke uses smoke, Scorpion uses fire.
Ermac was a different color than the other ninjas.

Sub-Zero has everything Frost could have.

He has the slide, ground freeze, he has the ice daggers and the ice swords.

This. 10char

A couple of knock off subzero moves her own and some new ones and she'll be good.
what about a new look ?> idk noe white and blue?
i like her tele uppercut from MKA << Thats a start
automatically since she's a female and younger she should be faster and more agile.
it takes me forever to do the ground freeze with subzero. by time i do it JC Punch me in da nuts lol

if shes playable in upcoming games maybe she can get subzero's past moves or sumthin'

Last edited:

Boon confirmed like a week ago the Ermac and Skarlet glitches NEVER existed, they are just lies that turn into myths and then into characters.

---------------------------------------------------------

Frost wouldn't bring anything new to the game, he was just a lame and uninspired sub-zero copy.
If you want her to be original start removing all the ice moves, but she will still be named frost.

PS - If they want to bring a new female I'd prefer Li Mei he was somewaht a bit more original and I liked her Armageddon look.

Last edited:
Boon confirmed like a week ago the Ermac and Skarlet glitches NEVER existed, they are just lies that turn into myths and then into characters.

---------------------------------------------------------

Frost wouldn't bring anything new to the game, [she] was just a lame and uninspired sub-zero copy.
If you want her to be original start removing all the ice moves, but she will still be named frost.

Skaret was a glitch jus like JC red shadow kick from MK2.
0015.png

ermac was on the debug screen in MK1, he's not a glitch and i still dont noe how fans speculated him

frost's ice moves can be toned down jus a little but she isnt lame