There WON'T be anymore DLC characters.

I really don't think it's the last and I hope it isn't too. Also, I don't think Boon would stiff us like this after only 4 characters and from the sales perspective, it'd be a shame if NRS stopped putting out characters because they could capitalize greatly and the fans would gobble up anything they threw at them. Any ninjas to be shot out would definitely sell, and MK4 characters would sell too, and not to mention the remaining characters not introduced to MK9 from MKTrilogy. Bottom line, if all we get is costumes, I think it's more of NRS's loss than the fans', because they're the ones making money on this after all and most people with MK9 are pretty happy as it is (content-wise, not online-wise). To say the least, I'm satisfied and I haven't even gotten the DLC's yet since I've been in Russia for almost 2 months. I'll be home to get them soon, but until then, I do want more characters, especially since Boon said arenas prrrrrrrrobably won't become DLC on Twitter. That just gives NRS more time to work on costumes/fatalities/hopefully characters. Anything. Just hopefully not Tanya.

I say no more DLC. We must save characters for the next game. It'll be much better.

I HATE when people say this. Must save characters for next game...there is no way in hell that if a character got released now they would be less prominent in the next game. In fact, I just tweeted Ed Boon about how fans wanna "save" characters.

Last time I checked we're living here right now, not 3 years down the road. I really don't wanna wait to see shinnok, fujin, and kai. They should devote one season of MK4 characters. That's the smartest thing for them to do right now.

I HATE when people say this. Must save characters for next game...there is no way in hell that if a character got released now they would be less prominent in the next game. In fact, I just tweeted Ed Boon about how fans wanna "save" characters.

Last time I checked we're living here right now, not 3 years down the road. I really don't wanna wait to see shinnok, fujin, and kai. They should devote one season of MK4 characters. That's the smartest thing for them to do right now.

I actually think they should keep at least most MK4 for MK10 yes, but that's only because they already have plenty missing characters from Trilogy to work on such as Motaro, Chameleon, Khameleon and Blaze or even """new""" characters like Hornbuckle and Tremor (in the same vein of Skarlet). At least, the way I see it, they're more than enough to cover more DLC spots. Obviously 1 MK4 character wouldn't kill but we already have Quan Chi after all... 1 Deception character - Havik - would be nice too.

However, I feel they ARE gonna release MK4 characters as DLC anyway so...

If they give us all these new characters that we want AND new fatalities then we are going to have to wait forever for the next MK.

I'm fine with waiting longer for another MK..
MK 9 has all the characters I'd ever want in an MK, anyways.
More DLC would expand the longevity of the game, and give the fans something NEW and fresh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNwlF7NuUI

Ed Boon stated that they are going to gather data from the sales and after the gathering process they are going to decide about the release of next characters. To decide also implies that there is a possibility that there won't be more characters.

That doesn't mean that there won't be more characters.
It's a "maybe" statement, depending on the number of sales.
As much as I hate the idea of Fredy in MK 9, I hope that mother****er sells a lot, to give us better chances for season 2 MK DLC.

You women and your obsession with stupidly high numbers of outfits.

Anyway, I hope we get no more. I'd like them to concentrate on classic fatalities and save these characters as something new for the next game.

Agreed.
I'd like to see more Klassic fatalities instead, as well.

I see threads like this pointless if there is no valid source..especially when there only resource is "I heard that someone read somewhere that"..this just seems like another attention wanting thread to me..but other then that i agree with everyone else..more fatalties

MK10 will come out when it comes out, but I can't believe how many people think the inclusion of a character in MK9 affects inclusion in MK10, when there hasn't been any inclination for that. People just assume things too much and hear what they want to hear from whatever Boon says. Noobde: Our original plan was for 4 DLC characters. People think that's it? That means their first plan was 4 DLC characters. Also, if more characters depend on sales, Rain wasn't released by that time. That tweet was on the 17th and Rain was released on the 19th. Things change, yeah, maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear, but how many times has Boon hinted at things that actually happened? He's just going to surprise us with some more characters, maybe not even 4, but there have been so many hints that suggest that there will be more, and he's kinda keeping quiet recently. Also, Boon usually doesn't get our hopes up just to cut us down, often times he tells us what will not be in the game like when he said that DLC stages, Fujin, and Tremor won't be included. Either way, fcuk MK10, we're still on MK9, which is barely even 3 months old, but signs lean to yes for more characters. No promises though.

I would love to see more DLC, especially more charcters. The only 1 i see relevant to "holding back" for the next game is Shinnok. Purely because i see him being the boss and boss characters should be unplayable. If they did release shinnok as a playable DLC for this game it was also undermine his power and potentially spoil the next game. Playable shinnok in mk4 ruined his boss status, he became a weak charcter and labled as a shang tsung copy. When we got to know his story, potential and saw his moves in MKA almost every1 thought he deserved anotehr chance as a boss , but needs to be done right. Releasing him as playable DLC will not do his character justice.

I would love to see more DLC, especially more charcters. The only 1 i see relevant to "holding back" for the next game is Shinnok. Purely because i see him being the boss and boss characters should be unplayable. If they did release shinnok as a playable DLC for this game it was also undermine his power and potentially spoil the next game. Playable shinnok in mk4 ruined his boss status, he became a weak charcter and labled as a shang tsung copy. When we got to know his story, potential and saw his moves in MKA almost every1 thought he deserved anotehr chance as a boss , but needs to be done right. Releasing him as playable DLC will not do his character justice.

He was labeled as a Shang Tsung copy in MK 4, because he WAS a Shang Tsung copy.
He was able to morph into any character, minus the visual transformation.
Midway got lazy with Shinnok in MK 4, just like they did with Jarek and Tanya.

Want Kano in MK 4???
Nah.
Just change his name and give him a new costume.

Want Kitana / Mileena in MK 4???
Nah.
Just create another female in their place.

Want Shang Tsung in MK 4???
Nah.
Just change his name, give him morph ability and give him sorcery powers.
Shang Tsung Part 2.

I actually think he (Shinnok) should be playable as DLC, in the way we know him from MK:A for example, but make him more powerful in MK 10 as a boss, halfway through his demonic transformation from MKM:SZ for example. I think he can be included here as a playable character and in MK10 as a boss without any problem.

Na...Ed is going to keep pumping out DLC as long as he can. He's going to ride this wave for a long time, or at least until they annouce MK10

MK10 will come out when it comes out, but I can't believe how many people think the inclusion of a character in MK9 affects inclusion in MK10, when there hasn't been any inclination for that. People just assume things too much and hear what they want to hear from whatever Boon says. Noobde: Our original plan was for 4 DLC characters. People think that's it? That means their first plan was 4 DLC characters. Also, if more characters depend on sales, Rain wasn't released by that time. That tweet was on the 17th and Rain was released on the 19th. Things change, yeah, maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear, but how many times has Boon hinted at things that actually happened? He's just going to surprise us with some more characters, maybe not even 4, but there have been so many hints that suggest that there will be more, and he's kinda keeping quiet recently. Also, Boon usually doesn't get our hopes up just to cut us down, often times he tells us what will not be in the game like when he said that DLC stages, Fujin, and Tremor won't be included. Either way, fcuk MK10, we're still on MK9, which is barely even 3 months old, but signs lean to yes for more characters. No promises though.

I agree a lot with what you just said. I read something about Boon saying there was might be some exciting stuff being released in the future, but does that necessarily have to be new characters? I wouldn't mind an expansion to story mode that takes you threw more Outworld events where you could see more of Mileena, Quan Chi, the cyber Lin Kuei, and the dlc characters.

That's on the far end of the what is possible, but 'exciting stuff' doesn't have to be characters.

Furthermore, what you really got right is that what happens in MK9 doesn't necessarily have to link to MK10. I'm sure we all know there will be a MK10, but who knows what the plotline will be. It could be a more involved konquest mode, and it could immediately link to MK9, but the possibilities are endless. They could start a whole new story, or tweak the Deadly Alliance through Deception storyline, but that's probably a bad idea.

The story they have going right now would really require a lot of new characters that I would like to see, but I'm sure they'll find a way to integrate the favorites somehow so that every fan will be happy.

Last edited:
And OP when has boon EVER been completely honest about ANYTHING? Lol

Take everything that Boon says with a bag of salt.

Carlos Pesina, Rigo Cortes, Hector Sanchez, Paulo Garcia and Hans Lo are more credible on Twitter than Ed Boon.

I'll take their word ANY day, on MK info, before I ever believe Ed Boon.

Take everything that Boon says with a bag of salt.

Carlos Pesina, Rigo Cortes, Hector Sanchez, Paulo Garcia and Hans Lo are more credible on Twitter than Ed Boon.

I'll take their word ANY day, on MK info, before I ever believe Ed Boon.

Don't you mean a grain of salt? A bag of salt is a lot.

Don't you mean a grain of salt? A bag of salt is a lot.

Boon can be pretty damn sarcastic on Twitter, but a bag of salt may be a bit much. Perhaps one of these instead... :p

300px-Salt%2C_sugar_and_pepper_shakers.jpg

Boon mentioned long ago that there will probably be one batch(as in, 4 characters) of DLC after launch. However, he wnet on to say that there may be more DLC IF the first batch was fairly succesful. This means that Boon may get the approval from Warner Bros. to develop more DLC if the first 4 sold to their expectations or higher.

In other words, the more users that download the current DLC, and all of it at that, the more likely it is that we will see more characters in MK9 rather than wait for them in MK10. So, if people want Tanya, Fujin, Shinnok,etc. as DLC in MK9, your best chances of getting them would be to buy all the current DLC, even if you don't like the characters.

All the characters(except Freddy because he hasn't released yet and therefore judgement is negated for him) are all new and had a lot of effort put into making them, so they are all definately worth getting. And I'm sure Freddy will be a great character as well, as it seems he will be fairly different from the current roster.

In other words, the more users that download the current DLC, and all of it at that, the more likely it is that we will see more characters in MK9 rather than wait for them in MK10. So, if people want Tanya, Fujin, Shinnok,etc. as DLC in MK9, your best chances of getting them would be to buy all the current DLC, even if you don't like the characters.

A well reasoned and valid argument, but I won't be doing that. If Freddy gets high sales figures, NRS could be even more open to adding guests. I won't support bad judgement calls.

I bought the 3 MK characters, and that'll have to do for my part. If it won't, then MK9 is a great game as it currently stands, and I'll manage without any further DLC.