Am I the only one who's not excited for MKAK?

Tyler Welby

I mean I already think MK9 is a lot better then the Previous MK games.But that's just me! What are your guys opinions? Jinko you may shut this down and redirect me if needed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Am I the only one who's not excited?

It's fine.

I guess this game is catered to those who are nostalgic for the older MK. I personally never grew up playing this game like many people here, so I also am not as 'excited' as say Patrick or Jeff.

I'm definitely getting this game though. I missed out on the golden age, so I hope I can relive it with this Kollection.

Re: Am I the only one who's not excited?

i'm not going to buy this. i love MKII which is why i bought that, but that's the only one i'll play. & also, Kitana is not in MKI & i despise UMK3.

i am considering it, it really depends on the reviews, like is it possible to beat the ladder mode? lol

i think it would be fun to play the game old school, just unsure if i will like it or not. gotta wait and see i guess

will definitely try it out but I'm not anywhere near as excited as I were when mk9 was announced. it's the best mk game yet and this collection will serve nostalgia factors for the majority. I don't get the ones who claim that those games were better than mk9 though

Ive already ordered it. I like the older arcade games but I dont think it will get the same playtime for me that 9 does. Another reason I ordered it is that my wife wants a joystick like mine. I figured I could try to win one on Ebay or just buy the one that comes with the kollection game.

i too prefer mk9. i mean i DID enjoy the classics as a kid, they were awesome... but those were the days that it was more of a pick up and play game and using special moves, whereas mk9 is more for skilled players and highly emphasizes the use of combos

by that i mean, a friend could come over and easily learn the classic ones and play a good match with you, but with mk9 if you bring a friend over thats never played it before, lets face it they dont stand a chance, which annoys me sometimes :(

I'm down for it, it's going pretty cheap and the mk2 for ps3 that's currently up isn't quite arcade perfect, 2 was my fave and i'm an old fart that remembers them first time round, they'll probably end up like most of my psn games in that i'll play em when i'm too lazy to change discs but don't wanna play what's in there, i agree that nostalgia is overrated and mk9 is by far the best so far

I am a little excited.
If they were including MK4 I'd be batshit crazy right now.

And forgive my immaturity, but the title of this thread is hilarious.

I'm absolutely not excited. Not because i don't like klassics, but because i already have them in MAME, Snes and Sega, i'm not excited by one more copy, now for PS3.
MK HD Kollection was with what i was excited more than with MK9 :)

Though I've got MKII already on PS3, I'll still buy the Kollection, just for MK1 and UMK3.

Love to get my ass kicked in video games

Definatley excited and I will be downloading it for sure. All three games for one low price? F*ck yeah. I want my Noob and rain :( But it's all good (gots my robo-smoke back :) :) :) :) :) :))

Not excited, not gonna buy that crap.As pointed above they are not bothering too much with it and are giving us the worst possible version of UMK3. It isnt too much to include Rain, Noob saibot to the arcade version. To me SNES UMK3 is the best version and is the one they shudda provided. Plus the first two games are rubbish comboless games, they were good to play only up to 1995....No HD upgrade is a turn off as well, so suck me NRS.

I'm probably equally excited for this as I was for MK9. I guess it really does depend on how you grew up. I grew up mainly playing the MK3/UMK3/MKT games at my prime video game playing time and I honestly consider these the only MK games with a "Perfect System". My best friend likes MK2 the best and I just don't see how someone could but he said he grew up with it so I understand. I grew up with all of them but in the MK3 series, you never had to worry about timing of combos and worrying about your combos not making it. That's mainly why i like the old ones the most but it's entirely my opinion.

So yes some of us are realllllly freakin excited for it :)