Online is STILL an issue - Despite the "fixes"

Obviously they're completely different, but they do it the right way. People that buy the DLC shouldn't be punished just because someone didn't download a comp pack.

I get certain times of the day where I can get an opponent almost right away but then there are times of the day where it is just brutal....

Exactly. I play at all different times during the day, but I play the most late at night and it sucks then. I guess it's because not as many people are on, but c'mon...

I'm tired of always seeing "This Session Is No Longer Available". I swear, I have to challenge like over 100 people before I final get a match that connects, and I have great internet connection too, always 100%. Me & my friend who live in the same city, a few blocks away, we can never play each-other, because it always says "This Session Is No Longer Available", it's Bullsh*t. NRS really needs to fix this problem, the online is really bad. It's good once when you get a match going, but it's takes forever to even get one.

I noticed my desynchs and "game session isn't available" things happen when my opponent or I picks specific characters or we try to use alternates.

Characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kung-Lao, Cyber Sub-Zero

Alternates: I noticed Sub-Zero's MK1 outfit usually doesn't go through or Mileena's flesh pit costume. Also Scorpion's alternate usually doesn't work.

This is really peculiar

"game session isn't available" happens to me everytime. Even with some players of my own country. It's just annoying 'cause I don't even know if the problem is mine (cause I have a shitty router) or of my opponent.

It's weird, for ie: 5 of 10 fights i have with players of my country are ok, some little lag but ok. But the other 5 just desync everytime. But later, I play in KOTH with they nothing happens and all is fine.

NRS must look at this and fix it once and for all.

I'm sure this has been brought up before on here but it's certainly worth bringing up again.

The main issue I see with the online play, coming from someone who is playing on Xbox Live, is STILL the compatibility packs. Since these are optional, it gives players the CHOICE whether to download the FREE packs or not. I have nothing against individuals who are choosing not to buy the DLC's but at least download the FREE packs. This way, we are all able to play together without seeing so many desyncronization errors. I hate trying to play online for an hour, finally connecting to a match only to find that I got set up with someone who either doesn't KNOW of the packs or is purposefully choosing not to download the packs. I've only played with Rain about four or five times online. Very frustrating.

I've sent Boon and company NUMEROUS tweets without any type of reply in regards to this.

Anyone know or have a clue WHY the packs are OPTIONAL and not MANDATORY?

I can't see a single reason for it.

Other than the online issues, this game is a masterpiece.
no thanks. i'd rather not see freddy krueger in my favorite game. but i don't really understand your complaint because there is not that many people who don't have the packs.

And I am tired of online being compared to CoD... fps' and fighting games are completely different engines ;)

lol that just reminded me that I have little lag with MAG (256 players) and horrible unplayable lag with Mortal Kombat 1v1. Offline is great multiplayer fun, but I'd at least like to do some online stuff to see everyone else's techniques, but what's the point if I can't find opponents quickly, desync, or the lag makes combos untenable?

This game is great with the exception of online. It's terrible. Uppercuts hit me from sweep range. Input delay. Jump punch combo starter is way too hard to time (and we all know how simple it is to time offline). Random lag. I have a fiber optic internet connection, so if you're reading this NRS, don't even go there. And ranked online trophies shouldn't be mandatory for the platinum due to how piss poor the online performance is. Can anyone find a ranked match in under five minutes?

@river. And anyone else posting nonsense. It would at least be nice if you'd post what the actual problems are. Everything you described are not seeperate problems but all part of lag itself. Its entirely possible to overcome too. Just stop trying to time it on the screen! Time it in yhoue head instead and it will work.

@river. And anyone else posting nonsense. It would at least be nice if you'd post what the actual problems are. Everything you described are not seeperate problems but all part of lag itself. Its entirely possible to overcome too. Just stop trying to time it on the screen! Time it in yhoue head instead and it will work.

@aedanwolfe I'm glad you find the inferior online play acceptable. "Stop trying to time it on the screen?" And what does ""yhoue" mean? Thanks for joining me in posting nonsense.

@aedanwolfe I'm glad you find the inferior online play acceptable. "Stop trying to time it on the screen?" And what does ""yhoue" mean? Thanks for joining me in posting nonsense.
Its not the easiest for me to post from my phone bujt nice to see your argument lacks so much substance you had to come back with a spelling mistake.

Every game online has said lag. They may be able to reduce it somewhat but it will still be there. Also I use a wireless connection thru two floors to get to the router. No really noticeable lag for me.

The guy was posting on a mobile device, so please cut him some slack. Behind the fact that he called what you posted nonsense he had a decent point. "Stop trying to time it on the screen" means to literally not base your timing on your moves based on exactly what you see your character doing on the screen at that moment in time. It may not make sense, but when I time my character's moves online and there's lag, I still have a "feeling" of how long or how short a move is. It's hard to explain, but just play your character enough so that even when you lag, your timing will still be pretty crisp because you have a good sense of the game's physics and a feel for the moves, I guess.

And about the topic of finding a Ranked Match in under five minutes, yes, I can find a Ranked Match easily in under five minutes. This may be obvious, but try searching for Ranked Matches in the evening, since people are probably back from work, a party, etc life stuff. I refuse to play Ranked though. Everyone on Ranked servers are ****y jerkoffs who use the lamest tactics (Spam Lao, Kano-nball) to win. I normally beat those guys, but I find a lot more impressive and friendly players in the Player Chatrooms--"TestYourMight" and "Gamefaqs" specifically.

Just trying to help, so don't get hostile with me, please:D

@aedenwolfe My argument doesn't lack substance. The lag online is horrible. That's what this topic is about. You come on here saying it's nonsense when it's a fact. If you don't experience it, that's good for you. I wish I did not. As far as the spelling mistakes, I normally do not care about such things. However, when you flame my post, I'd like to know what you are talking about.

I think the online is poor. If you like it, then fine.

@aedenwolfe My argument doesn't lack substance. The lag online is horrible. That's what this topic is about. You come on here saying it's nonsense when it's a fact. If you don't experience it, that's good for you. I wish I did not. As far as the spelling mistakes, I normally do not care about such things. However, when you flame my post, I'd like to know what you are talking about.

I think the online is poor. If you like it, then fine.
I'm just saying that saying things like input delay or combos won't connect are all the same issue and should be recognized as such. The only time I have a poor fight iks when someone has a crappy connection. It'd be more benefici to ask why people like me using wireless can have a very stable game envirolnment and yoju with the uber internet has a suckt environment. I can't believe its just coding.

I'm just saying that saying things like input delay or combos won't connect are all the same issue and should be recognized as such. The only time I have a poor fight iks when someone has a crappy connection. It'd be more benefici to ask why people like me using wireless can have a very stable game envirolnment and yoju with the uber internet has a suckt environment. I can't believe its just coding.

Perhaps I didn't word my initial post clearly. When I referenced lag in the list, I was summing up the entire experience. I wasn't saying they were all different issues. You make a good point about adjusting your game to the online experience; I just don't find it enjoyable. The only thing I didn't appreciate in your post was the word "nonsense" as if I were imagining these issues. At any rate, I hope there are no hard feelings.

I haven't really had any new issues with the MP of MK other than the combat packs and difficulty finding a match on occasion. There really isn't a reason to not download the combat packs unless you lack a HDD. They're free, and you don't even have to use the characters, but if it's the HD thing then it's understandable. I still don't see why Microsoft made Xbox's that lacked a HD. What, it made it cheaper at retail? Seems like a pety advantage to me.

Perhaps I didn't word my initial post clearly. When I referenced lag in the list, I was summing up the entire experience. I wasn't saying they were all different issues. You make a good point about adjusting your game to the online experience; I just don't find it enjoyable. The only thing I didn't appreciate in your post was the word "nonsense" as if I were imagining these issues. At any rate, I hope there are no hard feelings.

None at all. Written word lacks inflections that are required for communication anyways.

For those that aren't having issues with online, good for you! Coming here to tell the rest of us that does nothing. Like many, I have a good conection but online us dire. I'm almost convinced that button inputs actually trigger desyncs! Seriously, doing Sheevas 2,1,2,F1 combo, seven times out of ten, if I do that online I get a desync! I mean WTF! I can't even use Alt2 costumes now.

I did think online was better, but last cpl days I have been finding it quite laggy - combos just don't (for me) work anymore etc.

For those that aren't having issues with online, good for you! Coming here to tell the rest of us that does nothing. Like many, I have a good conection but online us dire. I'm almost convinced that button inputs actually trigger desyncs! Seriously, doing Sheevas 2,1,2,F1 combo, seven times out of ten, if I do that online I get a desync! I mean WTF! I can't even use Alt2 costumes now.

Thank you. Telling people to time it by themselves then their characters on screen is a poor excuse for laggy online matches.

I'm still getting random desynchs and no longer availables... like right when I win the match, it says those things.

Sometimes I can't even use alternates that are already on the disk... that pisses me off as well

aedanwolfe you're a real idiot. You must be an employee at NRS because everytime someone posts lag issues you seem to always defend NRS's lack of service and responsibility to its customers. The game is supposed to be almost lag free online (especially for the players with good internet connections) the way Ed Boon stated in a number of past interviews, so what's up? People like YOU who leave comments that defend and accept NRS's garbage contribute to keeping the service the way it is. Would you as readily accept screen freeze ups and disconnections everytime you tried to watch a show or movie on cable tv? I don't think so, you would be calling your cable service provider within 15 minutes crying. So shut up and contribute to a plan of action to try and resolve the lag issue many players are facing online like this: Maybe as many players as possible in as many states as possible can send letters and even visit NRS (for those who live near the studio) and personally visit the company and complain via players gathering together in mass.