Online is STILL an issue - Despite the "fixes"

the problem is microsoft. there was a thing i read NRS was talking about it. there is some versions of the xbox that doesnt come with a hard drive. if they make the compatibility packs mandatory then the people without hard drives wouldnt be able to play the game. its not NRS fault its microsoft for making stupid decisions by making consoles with no built in hard drive.

I feel that these compatability packs should be mandatory because they compromise the experience of a huge part of the community. I don't see how this is any different than any other patch. The HD space issue I feel is just an excuse.

patches on xbox are no where near as big as the compatibility packs.

i read this on a couple of boards and don't know how true it is, but: with each new dlc, the game's button input seems off.
it sounded stupid until i experienced a similar problem. certain combos i could do with my eyes closed feel trickier to do now. i haven't d/led the rain comp pack because of this.

I feel that these compatability packs should be mandatory because they compromise the experience of a huge part of the community. I don't see how this is any different than any other patch. The HD space issue I feel is just an excuse.

Nothing annoys me more than when someone answers the question at hand and the next poster just completely ignores it. NRS cant make them mandatory. Read the post above you

i read this on a couple of boards and don't know how true it is, but: with each new dlc, the game's button input seems off.
it sounded stupid until i experienced a similar problem. certain combos i could do with my eyes closed feel trickier to do now. i haven't d/led the rain comp pack because of this.

How pathetic :)
It's the placebo-effect, if you think it's there, it's there.
That's ok, but you keep me from choosing Rain online !! ;)
btw, most televisions have more input-lag than you ever get from playing online.

the problem is microsoft. there was a thing i read NRS was talking about it. there is some versions of the xbox that doesnt come with a hard drive. if they make the compatibility packs mandatory then the people without hard drives wouldnt be able to play the game. its not NRS fault its microsoft for making stupid decisions by making consoles with no built in hard drive.

Right...we can never blame a customer for making the decision to purchase a shitty product...

I agree some online issues are there, for instance, I preorderd the game got classic sub, but it wont let me use it online, but all my friends have the klassic pack, and they can use them whenever the hell they want, also have the same problem with smokes 2nd costume.

i definitely dont want them to make the patch mandatory now that freddy is in the game. i have all the dlc characters except freddy and i'm willing to deal with the FEW people that dont have any of the packs than be forced to see freddy krueger online.

Then a couple weeks go by and they patch the game and then you realized you missed out on free costumes and you still get to see Freddy online

I think they are doing this messed up compatibility pack system for 2 reasons: 1) I'm pretty sure they have to pay to patch games, if that is the case they save tons of money waiting till more characters are up for DLC before patching 2) people on the 360 not having HDD space

After listening to tom Brady yesterday during the mk evo stream, it doesn't sound like nrs are going to try to fix the online anymore.

The online experience for the most part has been pretty consistent. Last week though I could not play at all with the lag and disconnects. I could play one round just fine, sometimes a whole match, then get a plague of lag followed by a disconnect. Then I can't play a round of another match or sometimes I can't get out of the character select screen. I do think a lot of my problem is my crappy internet

It's not just a reason put out by NRS, it's Xbox policy you can't make any download mandatory because not everyone has the same capacity. If someone has a Xbox without a HD and you make a mandatory download, you run the risk of making a game unplayable for a paying customer and MS won't allow that.

There's many things NRS should be held accountable for with the online issues, this is not one of them.

There are mandatory updates. Guess you have never played CoD. You have to download the update or you are signed out of Live while you play the game.

I think they have tried to fool us on the network issues being fixed with the compatibility packs.

Koth is a giant lag fest with a full room. They should not have allowed over 4 people.

I played online for hours yesterday Ranked and Player matches and had no probs. But as soon as I jumped into KOTH I got my ass handed to me by a sub par reptile player because my ****in character looked like he had a ****ing slow motion strobe light aimed at him. Just ****ing terrible. The only thing I got pissed about is in most of my ranked matches it threw me into matches with players that had thousands of wins compared to my maybe 200 player matches and 4 or 5 ranked matches. And half the ranked people I played had none of the comp packs. Now I play on ps3 and they all have built in hard drives the comp packs are all 76mb that's less than 1/10 of a gig. There's no reason people shouldn't DL these. And NRS could make them mandatory on psn. It shits on people who spent money for characters they want to play and then don't get to use online it ****in sucks.

Last night was my first really bad experience. I don't know what happened but it was really bad for maybe 10-15 mins. Matches would start out fine, but would turn into super slo-mode as it went on. Sheeva's fireballs were invisible yet you could see the glare from them on the ground. It was just weird. Seemed like matches were connecting faster, but gameplay was horrendous.

Other than last night though online play has been pretty good for the most part.

My friends and I have been playing public KOTH for a few weeks now without issue. Every once in a while I'll see a hiccup but overall it's the normal online lag input and nothing more. We've been having a blast.

^360 players

The only time I have online issues is from bad lag due to another person's shitty connection and rage quitters. Other than that, I'm kind of satisfied with my online.

I understand that Sony/Microsoft charges developers to release patches for their games but wouldn't it be convenient to just release a patch every time they release DLC. Activision does it every time CoD releases a new map pack.

Finding an opponent in ranked takes AGES....I am sure there are plenty of people online, they can't even find one available? Takes like 10 minutes....

I would probably be able to get my rank up faster if it didn't take forever to find someone to fight. Ridiculous....half a day is just 'looking for opponent' ffs.

but wouldn't it be convenient to just release a patch every time they release DLC. Activision does it every time CoD releases a new map pack.

That would make too much sense it seems, dude. hahaa They also got the right idea in allowing the people who bought the DLC to actually use the DLC.

and that's the reason I haven't gone back to Ranked, Jade. I couldn't take it because it seemed like Player Matches were found way faster.

That would make too much sense it seems, dude. hahaa They also got the right idea in allowing the people who bought the DLC to actually use the DLC.

and that's the reason I haven't gone back to Ranked, Jade. I couldn't take it because it seemed like Player Matches were found way faster.

I get certain times of the day where I can get an opponent almost right away but then there are times of the day where it is just brutal....

I understand that Sony/Microsoft charges developers to release patches for their games but wouldn't it be convenient to just release a patch every time they release DLC. Activision does it every time CoD releases a new map pack.
Not only do they have to pay, but a lot of people don't have enough HD space to download the characters. And the comp. packs have the same coding as the character so that they are playable...

And I am tired of online being compared to CoD... fps' and fighting games are completely different engines ;)