Define - "Spam"

IamSherbz

This should be a good one. I want to see what different people view as spamming in their own words. Use character/moves for clarity and further understanding.

Using the same move over and over again without changing up what they do to counter what others do.

Example:
Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman
Teleport punch, Teleport punch, Teleport punch, Teleport punch
Projectile, Projectile, Projectile, Projectile, Projectile, Projectile

Playing as Kung Lao. Lol Seriously though, if I have to block 30 hat tosses right from the beginning of the game then that is spamming. I can understand the tactical importance of using projectiles for pressure. I'm a Reptile player so I use a decent amount of forceballs to prevent jump in, but constant teleport and projectile use is spamming in my opinion. I have fought Nightwolf players that consistently green shoulder and lightning bolt on the recovery. That is the best example of spamming I can think of really.

Having no idea how the f**k to play the game and just doing the same move over and over, eventually leading to your defeat.

Spamming is braindead. Throwing out Fireball after Fireball with Liu Kang without varying the timing, rhythm, type of projectile etc etc. A spammer does as little as possible outside throwing out the same move over and over again. If they have to do anything other than spam, it's run away. They use as few strings as possible, they don't change their timing, overall, they're predictable. They're the idiots that give real zoning a bad name.

A solid example of zoning would be a good Kabal. He throws out instant air fireballs, staggers his Buzzsaw spacing, and meets you up-close when you finally break through his wall of projectiles. He throws some strings or combos at you and pushes you back across the screen. If he doesn't corner you then he just goes right back to making your life hell with erratically timed projectiles, mixing instant-air with Gas Blasts and Buzzsaws.

A zoner uses timing and strategy and their brain. A spammer is on auto-pilot and is highly predictable and loses to simple tactics such as dash-blocking or turtling or teleporting when they throw out predictable projectiles.

Sound about right. To me it's not about the fact that you're doing the same move, but more so about how it's your only game plan. No combos, or strats at all. I've played Raidens where ALL they did was teleport to grab. Smokes that only teleport, blah blah blah

Sound about right. To me it's not about the fact that you're doing the same move, but more so about how it's your only game plan. No combos, or strats at all. I've played Raidens where ALL they did was teleport to grab. Smokes that only teleport, blah blah blah

Exactly. It's a lack of skill or strategy. It's just idiocy lol.

For some reason I get accused for spamming with J.C. because I can easily get through the low block and then a get a shadow kick/flip kick in. For some reason I just think they are raging...

For some reason I get accused for spamming with J.C. because I can easily get through the low block and then a get a shadow kick/flip kick in. For some reason I just think they are raging...

Probably just raging lol. A lot of people will do anything to place blame for their loss on someone else. They couldn't figure out the counter to whatever you were doing and so of course its your fault for being "cheap". Don't let rage and hatemail bother you, it just means you beat an immature opponent.

A solid example of zoning would be a good Kabal. He throws out instant air fireballs, staggers his Buzzsaw spacing, and meets you up-close when you finally break through his wall of projectiles. He throws some strings or combos at you and pushes you back across the screen. If he doesn't corner you then he just goes right back to making your life hell with erratically timed projectiles, mixing instant-air with Gas Blasts and Buzzsaws.

This isnt much different to me. Anything that keeps you from fighting fist to fist to me is spamming. I use projectiles to hit someone when they stand up after a combo then I go back for more combos.

This isnt much different to me. Anything that keeps you from fighting fist to fist to me is spamming. I use projectiles to hit someone when they stand up after a combo then I go back for more combos.

Sounds rather narrow minded. It takes skill and strategy to zone properly, it takes nothing but a braindead skill-lessness to spam. That's a rather huge difference. I respect that you seem not to like such tactics but that has no bearing on the validity of them. Some people don't see using a lot of combos as a valid way of fighting, it's "cheap" or annoying or boring or whatever. That doesn't mean using a combo-based fighting style is invalid, just means some people don't enjoy it or don't get it.

Spamming is braindead. Throwing out Fireball after Fireball with Liu Kang without varying the timing, rhythm, type of projectile etc etc. A spammer does as little as possible outside throwing out the same move over and over again. If they have to do anything other than spam, it's run away. They use as few strings as possible, they don't change their timing, overall, they're predictable. They're the idiots that give real zoning a bad name.

A zoner uses timing and strategy and their brain. A spammer is on auto-pilot and is highly predictable and loses to simple tactics such as dash-blocking or turtling or teleporting when they throw out predictable projectiles.

There we go, don't even have to type out a good answer, it's already done.

Spam. Trademark . A canned food product consisting especially of pork formed into a solid block.

Using the same move over and over again without changing up what they do to counter what others do.

Example:
Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman
Teleport punch, Teleport punch, Teleport punch, Teleport punch
Projectile, Projectile, Projectile, Projectile, Projectile, Projectile

>all of my "this". Pretty much exactly what Camofrage said is it's description in my book.

Probably just raging lol. A lot of people will do anything to place blame for their loss on someone else. They couldn't figure out the counter to whatever you were doing and so of course its your fault for being "cheap". Don't let rage and hatemail bother you, it just means you beat an immature opponent.

ha what's really funny is when people back out during my fatality and in their box they get a nice message saying "YOU GOT CAGED!!!" and this just happened about 5 min ago lol