Australian Only Unofficial Online TRMK Tournament

Jynks

Hi

There has been some talk in the Australian Banning thread about trying to organize an online tournament for Aussie TRMK Players as a way for the small Australian community to meet up and get on each others friends lists and the like. I have some experience running online comps though GameReplays.org with rts games... so I thought I would give it a go. If we can get a decent turn out maybe we can orginse some live events, and that would be awesome.... still if we can not get people on a online event then there is little luck of a live event getting organized.

For starters lets run down how I plan to organize this thing...

1) I will be using BINARYBEAST. This is a very cool website I have been using for events for a while now, and it is mainly designed for the RTS scene but it works with everyone. It will handle the brackets, the advancement and auto create the losser brackets. There is even functions for players to enter their wins and losses themselves, though unless the event is huge I prefer to have a admin run the event.

Here is an example of the website system. - http://binarybeast.com/xDoW21107100/full

2) Get a list of players that are interested and there consoles AND the region of there game version. This is the big problem... if there isn't enough people interersted then we can not do this, and as far as i know, the game only really performs well with same region games on the ps3... I have no knowledge of the 360.

3) A basic rule list. The rules will be simple. Each game is best of 3, finals best of 5 and grand final best of 7. All characters including dlc are permitted. Also, MK3 costumes MUST be used by PLAYER 2 if possible, as many of the outfits are near impossible for spectators to see who is who... I'll go though the roster latter and find teh exact matchups that are impossible to tell the difference between the toons.. like reptile for example.

4) A Goal Event. The way we do events at GR is that we award points based on placement, these points are for the end of year invitation event, all winners of each smaller event get a invite. The idea is that at the end there is a "goal event" witch should consolidate the best players of the year... again, this is all subject to how many people are interested. And I agree it is to early to plan the invitational, but we may as well start collecting points from the start.

5) Broadcasting. As many of you know.. streaming in Australia is extremely hard. I can stream fine but at a lower resolution, nothing like the 720p that we expect but it will still look pretty good. That way we can all sit in chat watch the games and make a day out of it, at the same time I'll be high res recording it and post it on YouTube. Of course I can only do this for ps3 games.. and possibly only hong kong versions few the game. Any games that i can not cast will need to be reported to a event admin though a PM, a PM from each player. If there is a conflict then the judges will step in and make a ruling. If anyone with a 360 that can do this let me know.

The idea of this event is to unify the Australian online community. By making the event a live irc play in turn event rather than play when you can and fill the form, it will force many players to all hang out at the same time and with luck get them to be friends and see what is what... While this is a TMK event, I would like to post the event on TYM and Shyro and any other MK sites people think might have an Australian base.

1st things first...

Who is interested? Do we have enough, should we run events 360 and Ps3... if so eventually we might be able to organize a 360 vs ps3 players somehow...

Please state your FORUM NAME, LOCATION, the REGION VERSION of your game and your PLATFORM. If this is something you would like to try out. Remember the idea is to get numbers and build the Australian scene a little... so even if you suck, still enter, and join in the fun.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets see the Ps3 Kombatants (in no order) - 10 Total

Jynks - HK (Sydney)
Nudge - US (Sydney)
-M- - UK - (Queensland)
Gilbangz - US (Sydney)
Tomo009 - US (Melbourn)
Beyond_Death - US - (Sydney)
PHNmnl - UK - (Sydney)
NoMad - HK - (Sydney)
Jinko - US - (Sydney)
oRIFFoRAFFo - US - (Parramatta)

Ok lets see the 360 Kombatants (in no order) - 13 Total

CabJoy - UK - Woolongong
Ultras - US - Brisbane
AllHail Lelouch - US - Melbourne
chrisisnice - Asian (HK?JAP?) - Melbourne
PapZY - US - Melbourne
TheOtherGuy - UK - (NSW - Can we get a city?)
Mathman - US - Sydney
OG Frost Haze - UK - Adelaide
chemicalNova - Unknown (US?) - Melbourn
Konnon - TAS - Launceston
CHIEFMEGADETH - Unknown (Asian?) - Sydney
Razor - Unknown (Asian?) - Perth
poptdp - US(?) - Sydney

----------------------------------------------------------

--== Rules ==--

Each Match = Best of 3 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.
Each Finals Match = Best of 5 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.
Each Grand Final = Best of 7 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.

1) Winner can not change fighter, only looser can change fighters.
2) The following Stages are BANNED: Subway, Street, Kratos' Stage
3) Player 1 must always use costume 1, Player 2 must use MK3 costume if there is a problem in telling toons apart (I'll ge tthat list to you soon)

Last edited:
im in.
jordfrog
Sydney
HongKong version
ps3

i play in the aussie rooms every day and its a sad site the number of people who play regularly

there's about, 40-50 people i've seen all together.., then about 20 occassional players, then about 10 regular's.

but yeh this is an awesome idea! so glad someone is doing it!!

and @ beyond_death, i added you but you never play online???
i added a few trmk aussie's, but they rarely play mk9!!

and @ beyond_death, i added you but you never play online???
i added a few trmk aussie's, but they rarely play mk9!!

Hey man, yea sorry, the actual account I use to play MK is M_Kanine (yea super lame I know, but I couldnt think of a better one). Beyond_Death is my regular PSN for all my other games. I started using my new account before I realized I could just use my regular one online and made too much progress to change.

I'll probably get demolished, but anything for the recognition of MK in Australia. I'm down.

Plat: PS3
PSN: VinnyPoo
Loc: Sydney
Ver: Amazon US Version

Having the US version may mean I will not be able to play with some of you.

3 people!! awesome! heh heh.... Still lets leve it a while.. see if anyone else is up for it... maybe start spaming in chat channel in aussie game room?

--== Update ==--

PS3 - 7 PLayers 4xUS, 2xHK, 1xUK
360 - 2 Player 1xUK, 1xUS

Looks like Ps3 is the most popular so far. I am still unsure if HK and UK and US can playtogether... Dose anyone know...

I have done the stream tests and youtube recording tests, and that is all working... but of course unless we can all connect, not sure if this can happen.

FORUM NAME: OG FROST HAZE
PLATFROM: Xbox 360
REGION VERSION: UK version

This is an awesome idea there are way more players out there than we think MK AUSSIES UNITE! ill spead the word!

i hope this goes ahead and actually happens!!! fingers crossed..

umm so for the regions , i know HK and US can play each other, dont know about UK though..

@ beyond_death
ahh ok man, makes sense, i did something similiar, i'll add your other one M_Kanine..( lol i like it) and we can play sometime.

@ vinnypoo
haha yeh played a few games against you vinny, GG'S you'll get there.

anyone else wanna play??
for fun or competitively..

i like to play random matches alot.

Ok guys, this is pretty cool... seams we are getting some interest here... I am going to start listing the players. I haven't worked out times yet, though I am thinking a Saturday afternoon would most likely be the best time. Also, I have word that ps3US and ps3HK versions of the game can in fact play together. This is great news and means everything will be able to go as planned. As in I can run a SD Steam and Record HD for YouTube. I have been practicing my casting on some KoTH but I might want to get another good player on Skype to co-cast... we will look into this latter.

For you 360 players, I still need a event admin to help me out who wants to run the 360 version, as I can't. If you have a way to capture the footage, that would be perfect. If no one steps up I will have to work out something else.. most likely a "report win on forum" style event similar to gamebattles, that has no YouTube records or stream.. you just play then report your win.

For Ps3 players though, it looks more and more feasible that this will happen!

Ok lets see the Ps3 Kombatants (in no order) - 9 Total

Jynks - HK (Sydney)
Nudge - US (Sydney)
-M- - UK - (Queensland)
Gilbangz - US (Sydney)
Tomo009 - US (Undisclosed)
Beyond_Death - US - (Sydney)
PHNmnl - UK - (Sydney)
NoMad - HK - (Sydney)
Jinko - US - (Sydney)

Ok lets see the 360 Kombatants (in no order) - 8 Total

CabJoy - UK - Woolongong
Ultras - US - Brisbane
AllHail Lelouch - US - Melbourne
chrisisnice - Asian (HK?JAP?) - Melbourne
PapZY - US - Melbourne
TheOtherGuy - UK - (NSW - Can we get a city?)
Mathman - US - Sydney
OG Frost Haze - UK - Adelaide

and @ tomo009, i didnt know you were from TRMK, i've seen and played you in the aussie room a few times. you play scorp.. or smoke i believe?
oh wait ??? is he from testyourmight ??? i dont see him here.. lol.. confusing

anyway.

Maybe if we all devoted 3 preset chats to the event and dump it in the Aussie channel (do not spam, but once when you come in channel and when you come out of a game) we can reach non-forum members.

Line 1 - Aussie Online Competition
Line 2 - testyourmight or trmk
Line 3 - Tournament Forum 4 info

ahhh
my username is ' jordfrog ' as is.

not my screenname, nomad.

Well, i wanted forum names as some people might not be comfortable with publicly revealing their psn nick, also when it comes to contacting everyone, i will most likely do it though a PM on the forums, as therefor need the forum names over the nicks online... though of course I will need them at some point as well.