OMG Im such a great Kung Lao and Raiden player!!!!

Dez Decaydance

....No the F**k u aren't.Has anybody else noticed that when playing ranked mode that if u are playing someone with a skill rank over 40 they are using Kung Lao/Raiden or both of them?I have not a shred of respect for anybody that uses Raiden or Kung Lao.Half the time im playing Raiden I am playing "catch me if u can" and Kung Lao...well we all know what the deal is with him so im not going to even go there.Anytime I come across a Raiden or Kung Lao player im going to go to the players profile and negative rep them so i don't have to play them anymore.I dont care rather i win or lose.Im just tired of playing against those guys,Cause if they do beat me its the fact that they have an OP player not that they are so good themselves....I admit I hate playing sub-zero cause the match takes forever...we all know his first 2 moves...ice clone,ice ball.Yea u deal with that the entire match.Anybody else notice all of this?

Wow!

You would give someone bad rep for playing a character, seriously?
Heres the deal im a Good Kung Lao player hes been my main from the start, but i am also a good cyrax and reptile player.
If someone is super moving you to death counter it. I have played against good players who slammed my boy all over the place as they learned a strategy and it worked.
Its like Smoke and Scorpion, it gets to a point when you know how the player will play and automatically adjust your play to that.

Seriously my friend, pointless moaning just get better and kick some ass!:)

You probably suck if you are willing to whine about 2 characters.

ANY character can kick your ass.
Raiden and the Kung meister just do it more often :reddy:

Those of you that know me know that i am not one to usually complain about the game...

but there are a few certain things:

1) Kung Lao is and always will be Overpowered. He has simply too many moves/is too versatile.
2) Raiden has no bad match-ups either and comprises the top 2 along with Kung Lao.

it is well known throughout the MK tourney scene (what little of it there is) that these two characters need slight nerfs... and NO, NRS, not DAMAGE nerfs, but property nerfs on their special moves.

all that being said, this is the only time i will ever bring this up on here. Learn to face the beast and exploit its non-existant weaknesses ;) haha

To beat KL and Raiden you need to exploit their strengths.

Bait then into a situation where they think they have you trapped.

Like jump backwards to bait the teleport.
Or rush towards them on their wake up to bait the superman or spin.

They are over confident because they think they are in possession of the best.

was this thread necessary? in all honesty, was it really? there are so many talking about Kung Lao & Raiden...i think we get the picture.

Typical ragequiter. And these characters are not even broken.

What would be of these kids if they had to play the SF4 "golden era" with the OP Sagat that was used by 80% of the online players.

Dude... Raiden and Kung Lao are sooo last month. All the cool kids complain about Cyrax now. Get with the times man.

I use both KL and Raiden, are you calling me bad? I use KL like I FEEL he SHOULD be played, I play agrresive with him, and it seems to get people confused on what to do because Im mixing high and low attacks.

My Raiden, is not like a typical Raiden. Ok I teleport a lot just because it confuses my oppenent sometimes. Dash, dash, and then teleport, its unexpected, then you hit him with a good combo you have.

All Im trying to say is it depends on the guy with the controller, not all KL/Raiden players are the same.

i have nothing against KL as he is one of my mains aswell along with sub-zero, Raiden's are meh. i hate fighting against raiden's but i don't consider him overpowered or anything. the only OP character in the game is Kano with his upball period. admittedly there are a few characters who have moves that are fast enough to punish upon block but that's just it "only a few".

if enough people say kung lao is overpowered (and A LOT of people do; A LOT) then he just might be overpowered.
no. no. no. . .he IS overpowered. i random select him sometimes and i WIN by button mashing.
no matter; most kung laos i play are over-aggressive, and my mileena puts a stop to that nonsense real quick.
but yea. . .he's overpowered.

dude...this thread is bullshyt. yes...kung lao and raiden are top characters...no doubt about that. but they are VERY beatable...especially kung lao. I main kitana and I destroy thesr two characters constantly. ill be nice enuff to help u beat them

Lao: when he does his teleport...u can uppercut on reaction. it works all the time. when u knock him down...rush hin down BUT block as soon as he gets up as he will most likely use hat spin. if u block it..punish it. if he jumps in the air..he's most like gonna do dive kick. block and punish. if he throws a hat, block or jump over it. keep doing thesr tactics and hell have no chouce but to rush down. that's wen he becomes hard
jus block his combos LOW becuz he has nice mixups and his overhead is slow enuff to move into standing block. there u go.
uve won

raiden: this is cat and mouse lol..but u can beat him at his own game. if he spams his projectile, duck it. if he does gibberish spear, block and punish. his teleport is hard tho..I only have tactics on baiting him into it. I don't kno how to punish it if I'm not expecting it. if u knock him down...rush him down but as he's rising, jump back. either he'll teleport or gibberish spear. they spear will miss and the teleport can actually cause a cross up situation that he just set up for himself.

there you go...the weaknesses of these "gods". they're not overpowered at all. the only broken character WAS kano before the 1st patch. after that there have been no broken players. learn to fight

dude...this thread is bullshyt. yes...kung lao and raiden are top characters...no doubt about that. but they are VERY beatable...especially kung lao. I main kitana and I destroy thesr two characters constantly. ill be nice enuff to help u beat them

Lao: when he does his teleport...u can uppercut on reaction. it works all the time. when u knock him down...rush hin down BUT block as soon as he gets up as he will most likely use hat spin. if u block it..punish it. if he jumps in the air..he's most like gonna do dive kick. block and punish. if he throws a hat, block or jump over it. keep doing thesr tactics and hell have no chouce but to rush down. that's wen he becomes hard
jus block his combos LOW becuz he has nice mixups and his overhead is slow enuff to move into standing block. there u go.
uve won

raiden: this is cat and mouse lol..but u can beat him at his own game. if he spams his projectile, duck it. if he does gibberish spear, block and punish. his teleport is hard tho..I only have tactics on baiting him into it. I don't kno how to punish it if I'm not expecting it. if u knock him down...rush him down but as he's rising, jump back. either he'll teleport or gibberish spear. they spear will miss and the teleport can actually cause a cross up situation that he just set up for himself.

there you go...the weaknesses of these "gods". they're not overpowered at all. the only broken character WAS kano before the 1st patch. after that there have been no broken players. learn to fight

I like a lot of the tips you've given. I use a lot of them myself lol. The only problem with Raiden is that it doesn't take much lag to really make it hard to defend against the Electric Fly without guessing or turtling, so Raiden does benefit greatly from online play. He is still beatable, but one has to me even more careful and even more patient to do so.

I would like to note that that does not make him OP, online's shortcomings have no bearing whatsoever on the overall strength of a character.

hmm well i think i know how to play sense my skill ranks at least a 40.Im not the best but i dont suck lol.Anyway mostly everyone agrees that they are over powered.I dont ALWAYS lose to them.I hate playing catch with raiden, Kung lao isnt that bad.I rather avoid these guys rather than play them.If i get my ass kicked it can be by cyrax..It takes skill to time that annoying ass bomb trap.