Compatibility pack #4.

Which pair of MK3 Characters will be in Costume Pack #4?

• Sub-Zero

Votes: 98 63.2%
  • Reptile

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Ermac

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 73 47.1%
  • I don't think they will use another pair of palette swaps.

Votes: 42 27.1%

• Total voters
Don't get me wrong, the costume I most desperately want is Reptile's UMK3, but I simply don't see it coming in the next compatibility pack.

Nice avatar man. I wonder where you got the idea for it? :roll:

OT: I'm hoping for some UMK3 style Ninjas. It doesn't have to be the unmasked UMK3 Sub-Zero, it can just be the masked one. But I agree on the theory with Reptile and Ermac.

What I would ultimately like...

Cyber Smoke ===> Palette swap from Cyrax
Cyber Reptile ===> Palette swap from Cyber Sub

What I ultimately more probable then the above...

Ermac MK3
Reptile MK3

What'll probably happen which is a little boring but a huge fan base...

Scorpion MK3
Sub-Zero MK3

Ive lost faith in non palette swaps as free DLC

Cyber Smoke ===> Palette swap from Cyrax

Due to Raiden's vision Robo Smoke is a pallet swap of Sektor. Or maybe NRS give him more unique look, e.g. his Deception primary costume.

edit: here's proof:
2emh5jc.jpg

Last edited:
i would really like to see mk3 sonya, liu kang, kung lao,kano and kabal, as well as alts for cybersub, skarlet , kenshi, and rain

I wish these were not palette-swap things)) But it's obvious, there'll be a pair of UMK3 male ninjas. I'd more like to see Ermak and Reptile, but more likely they will be Scorp and Sub.

JOHNNY AND SONYA.

...at least that's my dream. Doesn't seem likely though. Oh well. If they take a predictable route, it's gonna be Scorp and Sub.

I'm putting my money on Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Although I will still like to see classic costumes for Kombatants that don't even have one.

I'm not gonna get into my personal feelings on UMK3 Subby, but I don't really see him being released as a compatibility pack freebie for one simple reason: he's not a palette swap. To make him would require more work than NRS has put into any of the other freebies and I don't see that. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll never show up, just that I very seriously doubt it'll be for free.

All that being said, if I had to speculate on who the next two free costumes will be, I do see a very valid possibility in MK3 Cyber alts for Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero. Tom Brady has said Cyber-Smoke is going to be a costume, not a full-blown character and while that's not gospel, that guy is a pretty damn solid source. They have a connection (Lin Kuei runaways and the whole cyber swap dealio), Cyber-Smoke has been called for extensively despite being harshly criticized by many as inferior to the human form NRS has given us (though a alternate costume isn't the way a number of people would like to see him), and in addition to all that it would quiet the irritation many MK fans have directed toward Cyber Sub-Zero's lacking an alternate costume.

Just my two cents.

PS - Could you edit in an "Other" option in your poll that doesn't exclude palette-swaps. I can't imagine they won't go with palette swaps, but I don't think it'll be any of the listed choices either lol. Pretty please??

EDIT:

Ermac was technically just a glitch, plus that was addressed when NRS gave him an MKI classic. There's no connection between Reptile and Ermac that would sell me on UMK3 outfits for them meshing. Maybe I'm missing something though lol.

A true player would know that Ermac never existed through that fake "red ninja" bull:censored: . The only way it's possible it's even possible to play as a red male ninja on MK1 is through a mame hack , and that didn't come about until well after the fact.
error_macro.jpg

The above image is faked.

...and here's an ******* using the MAME hack and still acting surprised in the description to pull wool over your eyes.

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm telling you what I'm thinking it will be the 4th compatibility pack.

FACTS:

1. All the compatibility packs had a pair of clones whose are palette swaps.
Pack 1: Cyber Ninjas
Pack 2: MK2 Male Ninjas
Pack 3: MK2 Female Ninjas

2. None of the compatibility packs have repeated any kind of costume, but they are only creating costumes of ninja palette swaps, so we should discard the following:

MK1 Ninjas (Costume Pack #1)
MK2 Male Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #2. Sub-zero, Scorpion, Reptile surely will be in a new Costume Pack because they are pretty popular)
MK2 Female Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #3. Mileena will be in another costume pack, maybe the same that will include the remaining MK2 Male Ninjas, Skarlet also is a posibility but Boon does not seem eager to add hers.)
MK3 Female Ninjas. (All included in Costume Pack #1)
MK3 Cyber Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #1).

CONCLUSION:

The only possibility remaining of bringing some new costumes and use the palette swap trend is one.

Compatibility pack #3 will include a pair of MK3 Male Ninjas.

Noob and Smoke already appeared in a Compatibility Pack, Rain is a DLC (the costumes must be playable for everyone), so the only ones that could be included here are: Sub-Zero (Classic and masked), Scorpion, Ermac and Reptile.

Subby and Scorpion are way too popular so I think they will be downloadable using some cash.

My bet is: Reptile and Ermac, UMK3 suits, in Compatibility Pack#4

What do you think?

I'm guesing MK3 Liu Kang & Kung Lao.

They were probably very wise not to give this tag team a nickname, since "Blueberry and Lime" caused a backlash.

I'd have to agree with some suggestions that they'll probably be UMK3 male ninja skins. I don't know if any future plans for DLC are set in stone, so I think this pack may be the undisputed top draw - Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

We'll find out soon enough (relatively speaking), but I'm still convinced SZ will be included, in one of his forms (be it human or cyborg). If all the other nicknames have been food related, after "blueberry," there isn't exactly any other blue foods, and saying "ice cream" or something would be too much of a dead giveaway.

Who he comes with though is anyone's guess.