Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

Code Geass, Death Note, Higurashi and Umineko are definitely my top voted.

Also, i've laughed in every "Seto no Hanayome" and "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" episode.

Last edited:

I haven't bought Anime in years, however i still have my collection, favourites being Love Hina and GTO, quite funny.
Ah my Goddess is good too if you are into the more lovey emotional type of anime.

Yu Yu Hakusho best anime ever.. did not see this on many lists. I recommend it to anyone, anime fan or not. I am not an anime fan at all, but Ill watch Yu Yu over and over again.

In fact, I always thought it would be awesome to incorporate MK characters into the Dark Tournament Saga, it would work perfectly.

Wow, not a single One Piece mention. The best manga/anime ever made. It's sad how, so much people are missing something so above everything else. And probably just by judging it by it's "cover"... Like most people that lose One Piece's greatness do.

Hunter X Hunter is also really good.

Death Note is my absolute favourite anime, a thoroughly gripping cat and mouse story packed with clever twists and turns.

I loved Full Metal Alchemist as well and keep meaning to watch Brotherhood!

The one I would add, that I didn't see anyone else mention, is Gungrave. I thought the whole "rising through the Mafia" story was really well told. Epic finale as well!

Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X
Trigun
Dragonball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo

Wow, not a single One Piece mention. The best manga/anime ever made. It's sad how, so much people are missing something so above everything else. And probably just by judging it by it's "cover"... Like most people that lose One Piece's greatness do.

Hunter X Hunter is also really good.

Maybe it hasn't been mentioned because its not as good as you think..

Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
Neon Genesis Evangelion

I don't know if this counts, but I love LittleKuriboh's Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series, but that's more on the parody side, the regular Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't interest me at all. I don't really watch much Anime, I'm more interested in Anime type games, like Oni, most of Cave's bullet curtain games, Guilty Gear, etc.

Though it isn't Japanese anime, I'd like to add Avatar: The Last Airbender. I didn't get into Avatar until last year but after watching a few eps I was hooked. I was very surprised how deep a show it was for a Nickelodeon made cartoon. Also Corpse Princess: Shikabane Hime is pretty good. Hope they make a part 3.

Though it isn't Japanese anime, I'd like to add Avatar: The Last Airbender. I didn't get into Avatar until last year but after watching a few eps I was hooked. I was very surprised how deep a show it was for a Nickelodeon made cartoon. Also Corpse Princess: Shikabane Hime is pretty good. Hope they make a part 3.

I was surprised at how Avatar was so epic when i first saw it. It had a great story and lots of adventure

1) Samurai Champloo
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) FMA Brotherhood
4) Paranoia Agent

Plural of anime is anime.
Japanese has no plural!

OMG

I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT SAMURAI PIZZA CATS

HOW DARE I

Guido Anchovy for LIFE.

Me and my brother use to watch this when we were younger. Cant believe I or got about Ronin Warriors

pic-1192668357-1-4lsljhiq.jpg

Gurren Lagaan, Elfen Lied, Ika Musume, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and other stuff I can't remember. It's been a while since I watched anime...