Official Anime Discussion

My friend and I found a top 5 list of the goriest anime (no Elfin Lied was not on it) and Devilman was #1 so we checked it out and we both dug it. I'm going to read the manga online. Hopefully the manga will be better than the movies because the movies are usually worse but the movies were fvcking sweet, so I have high hopes for the manga.

I can't believe the first movie came out in the 70's and there's still some pretty brutal stuff (the link above was to the 3rd movie)

"Is it ok for me to wear my shoes in here?"
"I don't give a shit"
:rofl:

Some of my favorite anime: GITS: SAC & 2ndGIG, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Devil May Cry, Akira, DBZ, Totoro, Naruto, Howl's Moving Castle, Cyber City Oedo.

Now-a-days the shows and movies seem to be really generic. Uniforms and robots everywhere. Even Ghibli isn't what it used to be.

I tried watching Kill la Kill today, but I couldn't get into it from the first episode. Is it something I should keep trying for (I've heard good things about it) or should I just move onto the next thing on the list of things I want to watch.

Move on and come back to it. You should not take Kill la kill seriously so you can turn your brain off for that show.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just started watching Claymore and the Devil May Cry anime. I'm really liking Claymore, but the english dub voice for Raki is a tad annoying.

I'm also finding DMC enjoyable. Not as terrible as some people have told me.

Just started watching Claymore and the Devil May Cry anime. I'm really liking Claymore, but the english dub voice for Raki is a tad annoying.

I'm also finding DMC enjoyable. Not as terrible as some people have told me.

Yeah, DMC is decent. Not god knows what, but a good transition fo sho. I was a bit disappointed with the ending though and the number of episodes. Was expecting slightly more.

Naruto manga is beyond bullshit right now. Only reason I'm still reading it is because I've spent too much time on it to just give up.

Bit off-topic, but glad to see you back Ethereal!

Thanks, it's been a while since I've been on here. Figured I might as well come back here since every other forum I've been on just seems dead or full of douches.

Yeah, DMC is decent. Not god knows what, but a good transition fo sho. I was a bit disappointed with the ending though and the number of episodes. Was expecting slightly more.

I'm liking it so far. I'm five episodes in, and its been pretty decent for an anime based on the game.

Yeah, I got it on Blu-Ray a few years back and was pleasently surprised as well, precisely for it being "an anime based on a game".

Let me know what you think when you finish it, curious to know.

Highschool DxD is terrible. It has pretty much everything I hate about highschool animes in it (because, LBSH, 95% of highschool animes suck).

LBSH? I think I'm gonna watch highschool dxd strictly for tits and retardation.

I'm gonna turn my brain off for it

LBSH= Let's be serious here.

Fair enough. I just think it's lazy. The idea of it is good, but it's just full of rinse and repeated anime tropes, terrible humour and a shitty main character.

nothing wrong with repeat tropes, it just has to be done in a good way.

A lot of movies we watch that we consider good, has been done before and re-done. It was just redone the right way. And plenty of times something re-done is done the wrong way.

Although I think the movie AVATAR got too much hype. I still think it was a well done "re-do of pocahauntus(SP?)"

nothing wrong with repeat tropes, it just has to be done in a good way.

A lot of movies we watch that we consider good, has been done before and re-done. It was just redone the right way. And plenty of times something re-done is done the wrong way.

Although I think the movie AVATAR got too much hype. I still think it was a well done "re-do of pocahauntus(SP?)"

Yes, I do agree. Blue Exorcist started off just full of tropes, but it grew into something more.

I just hate it when the characters don't go any further than the trope itself. Like, the only identifiable feature of the character is that they're a tsundere. That's just lazy writing and a lot of anime suffers from that.

Nothing wrong with tropes... I just don't think saying, "Well, we need a pervert here!" is very, well, sensible. I don't mind pervert characters, but for a majority of the time, I have to wonder why they're there (cos they often serve no real purpose to the plot... unless they're old. Then they're a mentor).

Anyway, enough about that... I'm re-watching Monster and I just finished watching the last 2 episodes of Intitial D final stage.

Monster doesn't ever get any less scary. Johan is the best character ever.