Fighting games that would weirdly mix up well

CF7

First of all, hi! I'm CF7 and this is my first Thread here. Have you ever thought of Fighting Games whose Crossover would be unlikely, but they would mix 'strangely' well? Post here your ideas! If you have none, post an unlikely matchup (as in, character vs character) that would be rather insteresting! But here is the catch: You have to explain why of either!

On capcom unity, I saw 2 of these ideas: Star Gladiator vs MK and Darkstalkers vs World Heroes. Something about a Fighting Game inspired by asian culture vs a fighting game inspired by an american movie (wich in turn was inspired by old samurai movies), and a Fighting Game with a diverse cast vs a Fighting Game with an equally diverse cast drove me to like both of those ideas.

As for a Matchup, Liu Kang vs Makoto Mizoguchi. The Dragon vs the Tiger, watcha!!!

Please....look down. The video game section is right below general discussion. Going to move this.

Welcome.

I thought that, since we are dealing with "what if" games, a Thread like this would be better in (Off Topic) General Discussion than Video Games, but oh well. Thanks.

I always thought Tekken and Virtua Fighter would go well together. It always seemed like VF was the grandpa of 3D fighting games and their characters wouldn't be too out of place mixed in the Tekken world. You even have Wolf Hawkfield and King as pro wrestlers who moonlight as tournament fighters.

I always thought Tekken and Virtua Fighter would go well together. It always seemed like VF was the grandpa of 3D fighting games and their characters wouldn't be too out of place mixed in the Tekken world. You even have Wolf Hawkfield and King as pro wrestlers who moonlight as tournament fighters.

Also Sarah Bryant and Nina Williams would definitely fight well together and Pai vs Xiaoyu.