Thread: Had a question regarding the ending of story mode, wondering what other people think

New Kombatant
    Xbox Live
    HelpfulMidget
    PSN
    thedarkknight87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had a question regarding the ending of story mode, wondering what other people think

Ok so Raiden killed Shao Kahn and he's dead (hopefully). After I finished story mode it got me thinking about the deal Quan Chi made with Shao Kahn regarding the the fallen warriors' souls. Now that Shao Kahn is dead, won't the souls be released from Quan Chi? They really didn't explain whether or not Shao Kahn had control over them and only allowed Quan Chi to use them or if Quan Chi got full control over them. The reason I bring this up is because with all of the characters that were killed off, this might be a plot device used to resurrect them. I personally like where the story is going, but I've read a lot of complaints about it and am trying to give people some hope (myself included because there were some characters that I had wished hadn't died).

Twitter
    @Rishizzle
    Xbox Live
    Dubs07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Had a question regarding the ending of story mode, wondering what other people th

I think Quan Chi will most definitely still have the souls. Shao Kahn has fallen, but Quan Chi
    doesn't seem like the type to relinquish such power, also he speaks to Shinnok saying
    something along the lines of how Earthrealm and Outworld could no longer resist the Netherrealm, So it's pretty safe to say he'll have their souls in the next one, and it will definitely be used as a plot device to resurrect the warriors.
    The sky might fall, The sky might fall
    But I'm not worried at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Had a question regarding the ending of story mode, wondering what other people th

My theory is that everyone will return, only they'll serve quan chi and it will be Raiden's mission to free them.

PSN
    ctth75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would imagine Quan Chi would still have them possessed. My theory is that the remaining Earthrealm warriors (and possibly some Outworld warriorsif they wanted to do an ally type thing to fight Netherrealm) will free the fighters Quan Chi has control of one by one. Thus, it will unlock them for play.

Xbox Live
    esc1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's too bad Raiden wasn't killed. Much more tired of him than Shao Kahn. He could have stolen Raiden's powers and that would be a killer boss fight in the next game. Maybe have Shang turn and Kahn take Shinnok up as his next *****. Then Shang fight Quan for the Soul's of the fallen.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctth75 View Post
    I would imagine Quan Chi would still have them possessed. My theory is that the remaining Earthrealm warriors (and possibly some Outworld warriorsif they wanted to do an ally type thing to fight Netherrealm) will free the fighters Quan Chi has control of one by one. Thus, it will unlock them for play.
    Gotta go with this

Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctth75 View Post
    I don't know about the unlocking for play thing. They'll probably be available from the start.

I also don't think they'll all make a comeback.
    If NRS is gonna bring in new characters, they're probably gonna want to clear some room.

Twitter
    @jtpelli91
    Xbox Live
    kLuTch P3LLi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

quan chi will definately be the main boss villian in mk 10 using all the lost souls and i was thinking if shao kahn died maybe quan ghi has his soul to but i highly doubt that

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtpelli22 View Post
    quan chi will definately be the main boss villian in mk 10 using all the lost souls and i was thinking if shao kahn died maybe quan ghi has his soul to but i highly doubt that
    I'm guessing Shinnok will be the main villain. Quan Chi is under Shinnok's control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i guarantee you that not every character in this game is making a return. NRS does not want another Armageddon

Black Dragon Recruit battle_scarz13's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bizzaro_Chris
    PSN
    battlescarz13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't care where they go with it really. It's gonna be exciting regardless. Hope there are a lot of new characters and maybe bring in some post-UMK3 characters we didn't get.
    And whoever suggested unlocking the fallen warriors as you free them in story mode. That sounds really cool and I could see that actually happening. So good idea man!

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

I doubt Kahn is dead.

If you notice, he doesn't appear to die, he is ascended to the Elder Gods world.
    What NRS decides to do with that is anyone's guess.

Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mass characters isn't why Armageddon failed.
    It was the crap game play it had to offer.
    It was extremely shallow.

PSN
    anizzle1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think ALL of them will be back. Like maybe Nightwolf ascends to the heavens or to the spirit world. Noob being turned in the Original Sub-Zero and Tundra still being Cyber Sub-Zero. They kould also be khanged, like Jax returns with full use of his arms! Sindel turning good.

All the new kharacters should be Ashrah, Drahmin, Moloch, Kai, Shujinko and Fujin.
    Ashrah because she is killing demons and kould assist Raiden, because her objective is different but her enemies the same.
    Drahmin and Moloch could be servants of Shinnok, but might turn on them or might have better stories.
    Kai and Shujinko could assist Raiden, Kai because he feels like he owes his fellow brothers(Liu Kang, Kung Lao). Shujinko for personal glory.
    Fujin, an ally of Raiden. His best adversary.

Ruler of NetherRealm Aldo Moreno's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Asm_254
    PSN
    Asm_Liu_Kang_254
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    I doubt Kahn is dead.

If you notice, he doesn't appear to die, he is ascended to the Elder Gods world.
    What NRS decides to do with that is anyone's guess.
    Oh ****! I've never notice that till now. Knowing Shao Kahn, he'll kome up with something to be back.
    The Emperor, Liu Kang.

Thread Information