kung lao overpowered....still

Yes, I do. But there are many other threads on this topic. And also, he's been like nerfed like twice.

hellyeah.jpg

i main KL, and hes not that overpowered. i ersonally hate fighting against a good kl, i always lose haha
also i am decent with him, but i have lost to many players when using him and they are using other low tier and lost.

so the moral of the story is, every one can be deadly in the right hands ;)

Yes, I do. But there are many other threads on this topic. And also, he's been like nerfed like twice.

Lol i couldnt find the other threads they need to nerf him once more like him taking longer to throw his hat on the ground or to recover longer haha it pisses me off online wen that All they do is throw their hat teleport and jump kicking u with the special power kick..

Kung Lao is not over powered, he just has a lot of tools in his little utility belt. Against a pro who actually mains Kung Lao and practices with him a lot, yeah, he's incredibly annoying. But if you're skilled enough, he proves a challenge but not unbeatable, or OP.

Jump over his hat, block his teleport and punish him !!
Stop whining, and get back to practice ;)
Only thing i fear is his 49% combo, 2 mistakes and it's over :)

I actually have beat some but most If them do spamming crap i actually punish him wen he teleports the only thing that gets to me is his speed....hes too dam quick

Only thing i fear is his 49% combo, 2 mistakes and it's over :)
49% combo? You must be thinking of pre-patch Kung Lao. His damage isn't really that high anymore. You need X-Ray or corner combos with 2-3 bars of meter to do that kind of damage.

this is the OP's second thread on the same subject in the same forum. not needed dude.

how about this, i DONT use kung lao and i say hes not OP, you just cant be stupid and rush him all the time, his spin is fast enough it punishes rushers readily.

his divekick is easy to block/punish/avoid

his teleport is easy to punish

his ground hat is easy to avoid (it amazes me tha tpeople have problems with ground hat actually)

his spin and his speed are his real strengths. play smart, rush when you arent gonna be threatened by spin, teh rest is defense and punish.

Kung Lao is alright...he's tough, but I can deal with him. Raiden, on the other hand, could probably use a nerf. He's fast, he has easy combos and pop-ups, and he's hard to punish. I KNOW the teleport is coming, I'm waiting on it, and I STILL can't punish it?!?! I've won about 2 out of 200 matches against Raiden. Just my opinion, but that dude needs to be toned down.

Overpowered: ... naaaahh / Hard to be (in the hands of a good player obviously): yes

When I main Scorpion vs. KL:

Hat throws; Teleport
Teleport; duck+uppercut
spin; (if not near KL use a projectile. Anything that hurts him without actually touching him)

I suggest practicing againest KL on Expert. I do it all the time and even know I'v never used KL I recognize his combos so if i'm blocking hits I know when to let go of block and counter attack..

Thats the best advice I can give for facing KL..

Nope.

Kung Lao, in fact, yeah, it's an incredible character, but, not impossible to be defeated .....

His hat projectiles, all blockable, and, his ground hat, you can just jump to avoid
His dive kick, blockable, and , very punishable
His teleport can be avoided by uppercut (at right time) , or just jumping backward

Kung Lao is dangerous using his Windy Palm as combo starter, and , his Spin as ofensive or defensive tool , so, are the main weapons he has that you should focus your total attention to not fall on them.

I have serious issues against him lol. The other day I was getting pressured baaaaaad. I was using Kitana, I had no Idea how to stop the guy so I sat their and, blocked. The only options I could come up with was using either d1 to poke out or, qcb+1 (air shoulder I believe) to escape the pressure. With Kitana though you can use her fan lift if he teleports to counter him.

I have serious issues against him lol. The other day I was getting pressured baaaaaad. I was using Kitana, I had no Idea how to stop the guy so I sat their and, blocked. The only options I could come up with was using either d1 to poke out or, qcb+1 (air shoulder I believe) to escape the pressure. With Kitana though you can use her fan lift if he teleports to counter him.
exactly! He makes u get isolated Where ur afraid of punishing him wen ur crouch blocking yet he grabs u or sumthin

A great KL player is near impossible to beat? Why? Because Kung Lao is too fast. A speed nerf would be welcome IMO.

If you need some Kitana tips, I'm your guy. Haven't played a Kitana player on here yet(except one but she doesn't count ;))