Favor to ask the "hardcore gamers"

ThatRandomGuy42

How do you survive an all-nighter? Im taking part in a Youtube tournament, and it's being held at 8:30 in america, which is 2:30 in the UK...at night.

Any tips?

Last edited:
Take a nap beforehand during the day. Make sure you can do whatever you can to be hungry around that time (I dunno about you guys but I can't sleep when I'm hungry). And drink anything with caffeine (coffee, soda, tea, etc). I stay up so late everyday I'm use to it, but that's usually what I use to do.

(Be prepared to damage your kidneys) Drink a lot of Mountain Dew or energy drinks. The safest way is to take a cold shower, when you start get sleepy to wake you up. Anything loaded with sugar and caffeine will work or go sleep during the day.

edit: ninja'd by DCP.

(Be prepared to damage your kidneys) Drink a lot of Mountain Dew or energy drinks. The safest way is to take a cold shower, when you start get sleepy to wake you up. Anything loaded with sugar and caffeine will work or go sleep during the day.

edit: ninja'd by DCP.

I'm gonna drink tons of coffee

One word: METH

Get as much sleep as you can during the day and keep some energy drinks or No Doze on hand.

^Don't do drugs. ^_^
Ok, just stay preoccupied. Playing MK kould work.
Eat alot of sugary or salty snacks. And drinking koffee or soda will work as drinks.

Practise sitting up late each night on the build up to the tournament and getting up late in the morning/afternoon :) if its too late to do that, then all of the above is your best bet. Good luck in the tournament and all that! :-D

I got a friend who accompanies me whenever I have to stay up late, she will sit with me for hours upon hours until I want to go to sleep and then she will just quietly go and leave me to get on with my life. Maybe you should find a friend like this?

I'm in love with Mary Jane.
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright.
She makes my heart sing.

And when I'm feeling low,
She comes as no surprise.
Turns me on with her love.
Takes me to paradise.

Do you love me Mary Jane?
Yeah. Whoa-oh-oh.
Do ya? Do ya? Do ya?
Now do you think you love me Mary Jane.
Don't you play no games, unless it MK ^.^

Watch a lot of comedy videos that make you laugh. Laughter provides an untold amount of energy and forces your body to stay awake. :D

That, and drink a lot of mountain dew, don't eat anything, and listen to music that will pump you up. You'll get your second wind and kick ass in no time.

try and hold on until you sleep and wake up (having a good 8 hours sleep) like an hour or two before the thing. eat well to get some energy and if that doesn't do the trick, add strong coffee to the recipe. works for me :)

KEEP THE LIGHTS ON. Walk around if you feel sleepy. Don't give in to temptation when you get sleepy. Keep the tv loud.

i honestly dont know how to answer this, each person and there internal clock are different, my thing is i have severe insomnia so i hardly ever sleep and when i do its only for a couple of hours, but IMHO consuming large amounts of energy drinks and B-12 vitamins are a good idea , if that dosent help then your like my cousin ..bastard can never stay awake lol

My advice is always keep busy never stop moving and never tell your self your going to rest your eyes for a few minutes it never works you fall asleep I do it all the time lol and good luck.