Mortal Kombat Fire & Ice or Mk10?

Obviously you don't because I wasn't even talking to you

Who were you talking to then?

Anyways, next time quote to the person you're addressing to. It's just that usually you talk after my post and you usually respond to me that way (you're post being right under mine). I got used to it. Just use the quote to avoid confusion.

Ok. Just next time use the quote to avoid confusion. Or that "^" if you're post is right under the person you're talking to. That goes for everyone too. Thanks.

Anyways, if Fire and Ice will happen, who would be the main boss?

Maybe Quan Chi and Shinnok?

Or, just use common sense. His post mentioned District 9 and Mass Effect, my post mentioned District 9 and Mass Effect. Not that difficult to see who I was replying to

Or, just use common sense. His post mentioned District 9 and Mass Effect, my post mentioned District 9 and Mass Effect. Not that difficult to see who I was replying to

And let me guess, you're talking to me now. *rolls eyes*

Plus, I don't look at other people's posts when I don't find what they say are interesting.

as i said for a third time now. its wb's call not just nrs. its all about the money and maybe mk dosent make the money wb wants when it comes to merchandising. i mean hey how many mortal kombat lunchboxes do you see on the market or how many mortal kombat themed shirts do you see sold in a kholes walmart target or any other big named store? you dont see any simply because a mature rated video game franchise cant be branded to all audiances. it only has a cult following from the last 20 years.

how many current generation of people today know what mortal kombat is? you have a franchise like cod ( wich i personally despise) that has pretty much every gamer buying it every year and the last 3 or 4 banked a billion a piece . the time and generation of gamers has changed a lot and as much as i hate to say it as great as mk is and was it will never break 1 billion.

the only way a property like mk can be revived is through comics but wb wont even do that since comics are aimed at all buyers kids and adults. i mean think about it man mk would be the type of comic that would bring back the comics code and that would ruin sales for wb

so you think there aren't comics aimed for mature readers? well my friend, go to a book store and go look at the graphic novels they got there. there are plenty of them there that are "for mature readers". you don't think NRS could do mk comics? they could.

oh and I would also like to mention that I have an mk poster, 2 mk t-shirts, an mk calendar, a quan chi action figure, and an mk watch. i believe that many more people have mk merchandise and not just me.

For Fire and Ice here are some of my ideas.

Playable Characters:
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Noob Saibot (Unlockable)
Cyrax (Unlockable)
Sektor (Unlockable)
Smoke (Unlockable)
Sareena (Unlockable)
Quan Chi (Unlockable)

Unplayable:
Kia
Jataaka
Frost
Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Shinnok
Minor Characters

Fatalities: Each character should have at least 4 fatalities.

Gameplay: Everything should be like MKSM from the fighting style to the power bar.

nowadays companies want to turn everything into a brand. dc,marvel,cod halo assassins creed, wwe, anything they can slap that logo on they will do whatever they can to sell it. you look at a brand like star wars and holy shit dude just the merchandise alone ( not including movies) make some serious bank. im petrified with the next 10 years in regards to star wars collecting. you have a new trilogy including spinoffs disney wants a star wars movie out every year. now think on that for a second and imagine all the merchandising that will require yearly. the point i have been trying to make is i dont want mk to just be a game per say and i dont want it insanley milked i just want a fair easy balance. i just cant see wb going the extra mile and get behind ideas like a toy line or a hard r rated violent mk movie even you have to admit a r rated mk will never happen. i just cant see it and that is why i say what good is a franchise if it cant jump over to other forms of media or other parts of pop culture? thats why i say you know what 20 years of a fantastic franchise great memories but nrs should put mk to rest and do new I.P'S where they can brand it and bank off the figures clothes school supplies. you see what im saying?

Idk why nobody here has pointed out the obvious, but you're on an MK site basically dissing MK. If you don't like MK why post here? I'm not being rude, just being honest.

Also, I dont really get your point at all. Why couldn't MK be a brand? It already had a web series. Who says it cant do comics? It has done them before. Why cant it make a blockbuster movie? It's done it before.

I think you're just wanting another Injustice game and are butthurt that you know in all likeliness another MK is coming next. Injustice just came out this year, THIS YEAR! It's been nearly 3 years since anything Mk related has been mentioned. If they announce a new MK this spring expect a year long wait for it to be released which will be 4 years. We are due an MK game.

Also games don't have to be brands to be popular and be money makers. Look at Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry just a few random examples.

Also look at Resident Evil. In essence that is a mature rated game which was turned into a mainstream brand. Mortal Kombat could too, but it doesn't have too. I still dont understand why you're on an MK site saying MK should just call it quits. Troll?

You never know.
They may very well be in it.

Sonya, Kitana, Jade and Mileena were in Shaolin Monks.

Shaolin Monks was an alt, 'adventure' telling of 'MKII' ,Those girls(at least two of them) had significant roles in MKII era, so of course they were gonna be in it's adventure game.

Fire and Ice - not as likely...

I'd like MK Fire and Ice to be sort of like the Batman Arkham games and developed by Rocksteady (with cooperation from NRS) and has NRS making MK10 as their primary goal.

Shaolin Monks was an alt, 'adventure' telling of 'MKII' ,Those girls(at least two of them) had significant roles in MKII era, so of course they were gonna be in it's adventure game.

Fire and Ice - not as likely...

Why not?
Explain.
Why can't MK:Fire and Ice be a non-canon story featuring Sub-Zero and Scorpion teaming up to take down a common foe (Quan Chi and Shinnok)?
Could it have ELEMENTS of the MK story like Shaolin Monks did? Sure.
An adventure game doesn't HAVE to be canon to the MK9 / MK10 story, though.

This could very well be a great action-adventure / non-canon / side-story game and I don't see why it can't be made.

I'd actually prefer that an adventure game wasn't canon to this new timeline as to allow NRS to be able to work on MK10, without having to worry about going off an adventure game canon.

No, I meant Kitana, Mileena, and Jade being in the Fire and Ice game; That does not seem as likely, since those three have no direct involvement with Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Quan Chi. If anyone perhaps mileena, but thats it. Like nasty said, it would be more likely to see Sareena and her gal pals make an appearance in Fire and Ice. It could be a great way to re-introduce them back into MK.

Still Id perfer MK:X though,
Just get on with the canon story...especially with the cliffhanger. I personally hate being in suspense, and having people further confused and mis-informed with non-canon material.

HDin' Shaolin Monks or making a sequel would do it for me in the Adventure department. I know the game, it was GREAT, can't really be too disappointed.

No, I meant Kitana, Mileena, and Jade being in the Fire and Ice game; That does not seem as likely, since those three have no direct involvement with Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Quan Chi. If anyone perhaps mileena, but thats it. Like nasty said, it would be more likely to see Sareena and her gal pals make an appearance in Fire and Ice. It could be a great way to re-introduce them back into MK.

Oh, ok.
I see what you mean.