Mortal Kombat Fire & Ice or Mk10?

You never know.
They may very well be in it.

Sonya, Kitana, Jade and Mileena were in Shaolin Monks.

True and in second thought, it would mostly involve Quan Chi. If Quan Chi is there then that means Sareena, Kia, and Jataaka are there. But if none of them are playable or even if I don't like their style, I'm not getting that game.

Here are characters I'd expect in Fire and Ice if it'll exist and should be playable...

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Noob Saibot (Unlockable)
Cyrax (Unlockable)
Sektor (Unlockable)
Smoke (Unlockable)
Sareena (Unlockable)
Kia (Unlockable)
Jataaka (Unlockable)
Frost (Unlockable)
Quan Chi (Unlockable)
Shinnok (Unlockable)

I think I'd prefer MK X but would still be happy if they made a great adventure game. Especially if it involved more exploration and leveling. Better if it's actually a Canon story too.

why not just let mk rest and do something entirely new? are we going to want mk to end up like street fighter where it gets to a point it is milked beyond belief? it is only a matter of time before they make mk follow the whole hd remix bs.

nrs will never grow as a studio if they just stick with mk and never try anything else. injustice isnt included in this since that is really a wb/dc call.

MK9 left off as a cliffhanger and it's about time we got another MK adventure game.
MK (aka NRS's flagship game) is going to be here for a while, Injustice can suck it.

And Street Fighter is still widely loved. It's okay to milk something with titties so succulent

MK9 left off as a cliffhanger and it's about time we got another MK adventure game.
MK (aka NRS's flagship game) is going to be here for a while, Injustice can suck it.

And Street Fighter is still widely loved. It's okay to milk something with titties so succulent

cliff hangers happen all the time. look at district 9 as a perfect example and yet no sequel. same with injustice....... that ended on a cliff hanger and yet again there may or may not be a sequel it is simply up to wb not just nrs.

besides even if there is a mk 10 your looking at at least 2 or 3 years since the new gen systems just literally came out. so dont be expecting any mk news for that long

Last edited:
I don't think you know what a cliffhanger is (shocking right?)
Cliffhangers usually involve foreshadowing of future conflicts. Both Mass Effect 3 and Disctrict 9 had resolutions and definitive conclusions. Further conflicts could be thought of, but that's purely from fan speculation.

In MK9 it clearly shows that the conflict has not been resolved, invasion is still imminent and the antagonists have more plans in motion

Cliffhangers usually involve foreshadowing of future conflicts. Both Mass Effect 3 and Disctrict 9 had resolutions and definitive conclusions. Further conflicts could be thought of, but that's purely from fan speculation.

actually i do know what a cliff hanger is still dosent change the fact what i said about district 9. that ending opened up a door for a sequel and yet no mention of one so your argument just went up in smoke. just because something is a cliff hanger or even a direct setup to a sequel dosent mean a sequel will 100% happen right there whim bam boom . you may think of me as a prick online but i know what i am talking about. nrs may be thinking of mk10 sure but wb who owns nrs may be thinking hey enough do a whole new I.P.

"Open a door for a sequel" =/= cliffhanger.
Just because something is left open for a possible sequel, doesn't mean the ending is unresolved.

Cliffhanger = unresolved ending (to be continued), which is what MK9 has.
The MK9 story suddenly cut out with Shinnok and Quan Chi about to invade.

"Open a door for a sequel" =/= cliffhanger.
Just because something is left open for a possible sequel, doesn't mean the ending is unresolved.

Cliffhanger = unresolved ending (to be continued), which is what MK9 has.
The MK9 story suddenly cut out with Shinnok and Quan Chi about to invade.

as i said for a third time now. its wb's call not just nrs. its all about the money and maybe mk dosent make the money wb wants when it comes to merchandising. i mean hey how many mortal kombat lunchboxes do you see on the market or how many mortal kombat themed shirts do you see sold in a kholes walmart target or any other big named store? you dont see any simply because a mature rated video game franchise cant be branded to all audiances. it only has a cult following from the last 20 years.

how many current generation of people today know what mortal kombat is? you have a franchise like cod ( wich i personally despise) that has pretty much every gamer buying it every year and the last 3 or 4 banked a billion a piece . the time and generation of gamers has changed a lot and as much as i hate to say it as great as mk is and was it will never break 1 billion.

the only way a property like mk can be revived is through comics but wb wont even do that since comics are aimed at all buyers kids and adults. i mean think about it man mk would be the type of comic that would bring back the comics code and that would ruin sales for wb

Did this dude really just say MK needs to be revived through comics? The game that was just revived 2 years ago, received great reviews, made big dollars and was the winner of multiple Fighting Game of the year awards, needs to be revived through comics?

It's far from a cult following. CoD is also mature rated, but the a large percent of it's fanbase are children.

Did this dude really just say MK needs to be revived through comics? The game that was just revived 2 years ago, received great reviews, made big dollars and was the winner of multiple Fighting Game of the year awards, needs to be revived through comics?

It's far from a cult following. CoD is also mature rated, but the a large percent of it's fanbase are children.

i know people in there 30's and 40's who play it. todays gamer is all first or third person shooter and they buy copies because they either love or just want to play against a friend wich is why the market is flooded with them and other franchises are not as big as they once were. you dont see that with mk wether its a direct sequel or spin off on a yearly basis. if i was wb and i had mk and dc super heroes in my pocket id bank more on the dc property simply because i can bank on revenue from not just game sales but comic sales movie sales toy sales clothes ect. mk has very little merchandise it's a game that sells good but nothing ground breaking where it banks a billion a year.

you can go to any game website look at upcoming games and you will clearly see most games are shooters. the fighting genre is almost dead. i feel the fighting genre is dead the same way as adventure titles ( uncharted not included). plus with everything now being more blood and gore i feel faytalities in mk wont even be as shocking like we all felt when we first played mk in 92. we reached a point in not just games but movies as well where any violent thing that can be made or done in a game already feels like its been done before.

Last edited:
I know 30 year old people who play Mario games. Ratings don't mean a thing.

What other game makes a billion dollars? Did Injustice make a billion? And last time I checked, MK9 made more money than Injustice. So if all WB cares about is money, MK10 will come before another NRS DC game

how many current generation of people today know what mortal kombat is?

Pretty much anyone who doesn't live in a cave or under a rock.

MK 2011 is the best MK that has come out in YEARS, and I know people who know jack-shit about MK from the MK4 days and on, who were some of the first people to pre-order and get MK9 when it first came out in 2011.
The MK9 reboot is exactly what the franchise needed, and now that MK is back it doesn't need another reboot.
Most casual people know a good majority of the MK9 roster, considering that aside from Cyber Sub-Zero and Quan Chi, those are all the characters from when MK was at the highest point of popularity (MK1 thru UMK3).

If you don't know who the characters in MK9 are, then chances are high that you didn't know what the hell MK even was back in 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995 either.

Last edited:
I know 30 year old people who play Mario games. Ratings don't mean a thing.

What other game makes a billion dollars? Did Injustice make a billion? And last time I checked, MK9 made more money than Injustice. So if all WB cares about is money, MK10 will come before another NRS DC game

i think its fair to assume whatever wb decides of a sequel to mk or injustice i can say its 50/50 split amongst fans . you have to remember this is wb and dc's first real success at a fighting title with there own charachters that people loved for over 70 years. when you look at the comic fans vs the mk fans comic fans outweigh mk fans by generations the 30's-now. dc and wb would be stupid to shelve a sequel now . you may think im saying injustice is better wich i aint but you have to look at the overall marketing picture. mk has a little over 20 years with a good first film a decent comic series from the 90's and one god awful film in 97 and a mixed internet series. dc comics is a brand mortal kombat isnt . they tried and did ok but it simply cant compete.

its like saying put mk up against star wars or gi joe. it will fail. i say honestly put the mk franchise to bed before it becomes stale. i feel the same way about other games like gta as another example. i loved gta 5 but after hearing rockstar has like i think something like 20 or 40 years of stories to tell im just like meh itll get sour after the next five to ten games.

Last edited:
MK fans, and Injustice fans, are a 50/50 split?

I'm done with this. I literally have no idea what else I can say without insulting you, so I wont say anything else. And I pray you do the same

MK fans, and Injustice fans, are a 50/50 split?

I'm done with this. I literally have no idea what else I can say without insulting you, so I wont say anything else. And I pray you do the same

why dont you go float around to other forums that have zero to do with trmk or tym for a change get some insight from others and see what they say for yourself if you dont believe me. what you afraid the guy you think dosent know what a cliff hanger is may in fact hit the nail on the head? it dosent take someone with a big I.Q to figure out what will make a company big money. if mk was such a huge money maker why havent we seen a full mk live action film in the last 10 years? hell even better if mk is just as popular as something like a batman a daredevil or a superman why havent we seen a hbo or a net flix show? i know people on this forum really want more but i think it is time to cut your losses mk isnt on marvel standards or arrow standards or star wars standards as you claim it is. the new supposed mk movie will tank if it was going up against something like avengers 3 black panther dr strange justice league and no studio will gamble a budget on a movie when they know itll fail at the box office. just like my cod argument regarding mk game sales vs cod game sales and as much as i enjoy each film but the super hero genre is taking over the movie industry. avengers 1.5 billion , ironman 3 1 billion, dark knight trilogy 1 or 2 billion. mortal kombat as a movie franchise : shakes head: wont work

with the super hero movie genre being promoted and hyped the games based on them will be bought figures will be bought all forms of merchandise. mk dosent have any of it but just a 20 year legacy of being a game. it all boils down to profit

Last edited:
WB bought Midway's assets primarily for the Mortal Kombat IP. Anyways, I'm content with MK being just a video game franchise. I only owned the games, I never went out of the way to acquire the films, comics, and merchandise.

In MK9 it clearly shows that the conflict has not been resolved, invasion is still imminent and the antagonists have more plans in motion

Oh I know what a cliffhanger is. It's basically an unfinished part of a story, making audiences wonder what will happen next. It's basically a part of a story that has not been concluded yet. I watch many shows and movies so it's very impossible for me to forget that definition. I also know when someone is trying to insult me.

WB bought Midway's assets primarily for the Mortal Kombat IP. Anyways, I'm content with MK being just a video game franchise. I only owned the games, I never went out of the way to acquire the films, comics, and merchandise.

nowadays companies want to turn everything into a brand. dc,marvel,cod halo assassins creed, wwe, anything they can slap that logo on they will do whatever they can to sell it. you look at a brand like star wars and holy shit dude just the merchandise alone ( not including movies) make some serious bank. im petrified with the next 10 years in regards to star wars collecting. you have a new trilogy including spinoffs disney wants a star wars movie out every year. now think on that for a second and imagine all the merchandising that will require yearly. the point i have been trying to make is i dont want mk to just be a game per say and i dont want it insanley milked i just want a fair easy balance. i just cant see wb going the extra mile and get behind ideas like a toy line or a hard r rated violent mk movie even you have to admit a r rated mk will never happen. i just cant see it and that is why i say what good is a franchise if it cant jump over to other forms of media or other parts of pop culture? thats why i say you know what 20 years of a fantastic franchise great memories but nrs should put mk to rest and do new I.P'S where they can brand it and bank off the figures clothes school supplies. you see what im saying?