King Of Fighters XIII

what a coincidence that my fav character's name is king...... as in kof i cant wait ti'll i kick some ass in this game, i already bought the ssfiv fight stick but, that kof xiii fight stick looks sweet.

As a huge fan of fighting games in general, I have to say i've never really played a KOF game, though im very familiar with the cast. I did play a lot of Capcom vs SNK back in the day. I heard unfortunately as nice as KOF XII looked, it had absolutely terrible online.

I woke up early this morning to go to the store and buy Assassin's Creed Revelations, what did I see on the shelves? KOF XIII for the PS3! I think they got the release date wrong, I kept my mouth shut and BOUGHT IT!!! I'M HAPPY AS HELL RIGHT NOW!!! Damn, I can't wait until I'm done working.

Yeah, but I won't be playing with it all that much, cause I'm trying to finish the new Assasssin's Creed before my friends lol. I'll probably train a lil bit with Terry tonight.

scaled.php

I woke up early this morning to go to the store and buy Assassin's Creed Revelations, what did I see on the shelves? KOF XIII for the PS3! I think they got the release date wrong, I kept my mouth shut and BOUGHT IT!!! I'M HAPPY AS HELL RIGHT NOW!!! Damn, I can't wait until I'm done working.

you lucky sob lol which store did you get it from? if i pre-ordered it, i would of received a notification call from gamestop thank god i didn't. ama start hunting for this game asap.

This is the best looking KOF game yet, the character sprites are smaller than those in KOF XII, because of that they look a bit less pixelated. However, the game is not as impressive as other 2D fighters like BlazBlue and Mortal Kombat animation-wise. I still can see the pixels when playing on my 32 inch HDTV. I'm quite pleased with the character designs, they're not too anime oriented, they haven't changed much since the old games, some of them are more buffed, my only complaint would be the female characters, why do most of them look like teenage girls? I find some of the stages too animated, there's a bunch of people shaking in the backgrounds like they're having epileptic seizures, my favorite stages happen to be the simplest ones.

The gameplay is nearly flawless, it's fast-paced and extremely combo friendly, you don't feel like your character is moving under water like in Street Fighter 4. I believe this is the first KOF game with enhanced attacks, they work the same way as in the other fighting games, some of them allow you to juggle your opponent in the air for more hits. Pretty much all the characters have 2 super special moves and 1 Neo Max attack, I'd compare the latter to the Ultra move in SF4 and X-Ray in MK9. You won't have too much problem learning the gameplay if you've played KOF XI, there's no tagging though.

I love the BGM, the new music is on point, nothing annoying or distracting , there's also an option that lets you select classic themes from the old games. This is how most fighting games should sound like! I could tell that I was playing a KOF game with my eyes closed.

This game has tons of replay value, there are so many modes to choose from (arcade, story, mission etc...). Not to mention a very solid character customization as well.

This might be the best fighting game to be released this year, it's not too complexed, but you're not going to win just by button mashing. You have to support this game if you enjoy classic 2D fighting games (no air dashing, no gem systems), SNK Playmore did a heck of job here, it's a damn shame they don't have the finance to promote the game better.

Graphics: 7.5/10
Gameplay: 8.5/10
Sound: 8.5/10
Replay Value: 8.5/10

Overall: 8.5/10

I just picked my copy today and from what Ive played and seen this game blows kof 12 out of the water Im just trying out the mission based modes first until I get the rusty play out of my system before I even think about online play.

I've done nothing but play it online.

This game is fantastic.

I liked 12 (sans the online it was actually pretty balanced), but 13 is even better. The only thing from an aesthetic perspective that I miss is the sprite style options. But on the plus side, the game runs natively at 1080p, and the backgrounds literally make you sit there and stare at them for a while.

If any of you guys have never played KOF before or are coming from MK/SF, this game is an entirely different beast - you will need to do the tutorial and practice a bit before you enjoy it online. But I'm having an absolute blast with it.

Also, I'm pretty sure my post count just whipped your ass.

I just picked up the game today after trading in our old PS2 and accessories. I was originally supposed to be maybe getting it as a holiday gift from my fiancee, but I decided a trade in route was a better idea. Didn't want $50 spent on me. :laugh: I haven't played it yet, but I've got high hopes. Once my rental of WWE '12 is over, I'll probably sit with it at length, in conjunction with SSFIV.

I've played KOF since the Orochi Saga and its predecessors (Fatal Fury series, Art of Fighting series). I like the new system on the gameplay. Story-wise, I still like the Orochi Saga (95-97) the best one. I'll either rent or buy it so I can play it online and bust major ass with Kyo.