My Mortal Kombat 11 Story.

Flying Jinko

Hey guys! Due to the positive feedback I got from my MK 10 story, I felt inspired and motivated to continue the story. For those who haven't read it yet ,do read it and let me know your feedback at this link here.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/22514-My-Future-Mortal-Kombat-Story.?p=347124#post347124

Do check out MkDaz's Mortal Kombat 9 novelisation which he is currently working on as well. Do read and help with your comments, suggestions and ideas at this link below.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/23090-Mortal-Kombat-9-Novelisation?p=361093#post361093

This time I shall be posting chapters on a timely basis due to time contraints and I shall try posting atleast 1 chapter a week. Special thanks to Back, Back, Back, low punch and all other members whose ideas I have used along with mine to create this story.Do let me know your ideas,critisms, suggestions and opinions as well. Happy reading=D.

MORTAL KOMBAT 11

Chapters 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 has been updated. (Page 2)
Quicklink:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/23056-My-Mortal-Kombat-11-Story.?p=364758#post364758

Chapters 9,10,11 has been updated. (Page 3)
Quicklink:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/23056-My-Mortal-Kombat-11-Story./page3

Chapters 12,13 has been updated. (Page 4)
Quicklink:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/23056-My-Mortal-Kombat-11-Story./page4

Chapter 1-The Tale of The Wandering Monk.
-Special Thanks to back,back,back,low punch for allowing me to use his ideas for this chapter. Do visit his thread as well and give him your feedback at this link below.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/14852-Rebuilding-Kai?p=340944#post340944

~Written by Flying Jinko

With Shinnok's defeat and death by the hands of Liu Kang, the denizens of Earthrealm, Edenia and Outworld celebrated and relished the hard earned victory and began slowly rebuilding their worlds back to their former glories. Kai however, could not reconcile with his deeds he had done as his conscience kept conflicting with his thoughts. His deeds and inabilities of his past also kept haunting him and ruining his inner peace and sanctity which he had managed to maintain prior to him helping in defeating the Netherealm forces and Shinnok. He thought to himself perhaps his increased exposure to the aura of the descrated temples of Shinnok built around Earthrealm by the Brotherhood of Shadows may have corrupted and tainted his soul. Kai travelled back to the Himalayas to continue on his journey to attain knowledge and enlightenment during the course of which he hoped to finally get rid of his inner demons and find inner peace.

On reaching his destination, he trekked atop a mountain and looked on as a full moon emerged from the horizon lighting and glistening up the snow peaks of other mountains. He gazed on, mesmerized by the tranquility of the sight and began planning on what to do next. Right then, Raiden materialised before him in a lighting strike from the skies. Kai immediately acknowledges the Thunder God's arrival by kneeling before him. Raiden asked the warrior to rise and spoke to him. 'You have fought well Kai, you are a true champion of Earthrealm. You put your own soul at risk by clearing the corrupted shrines of Shinnok for the safety of Earthrealm, none shall ever find you wanting."
Kai replied "Thank You Lord Raiden. But I no longer wish to be a warrior anymore. My past is catching upto me and I feel my soul has been corrupted beyond repair. I wish to seek true enlightenment and free my soul of its taint and to seek knowledge, the knowledge of how everything began,the knowledge of all realms, the knowledge to confront my inner demons, all this is what I seek Lord Raiden."
Raiden replied " What you seek is a very endearing task indeed, Kai. The knowledge that you seek is not even known to many of the Eldar Gods, Many have travelled this path but none were successful. I wish you well Kai and hope you dont meet the same fate as them. I offer you my Lighting Staff. This will help you on your journey, it will guide through difficult times and help you attain immortality, use it wisely, you will be able to harness its power once you are ready." With these words Raiden dematerialised away in a bolt of Lighting into the skies. As Raiden teleported away Kai heard the Thunder God's voice as an echo from the surrounding mountains asking him to begin his journey by seeking Nightwolf. Kai held the staff with great honour and looked on as the crackling lightning energy faded from the staff. He tried to channelise his Fire powers through the staff but to no avail. He realised that the staff had a greater purpose and maybe Nightwolf would help him to harness the staff's energy. He travelled to the Wushi Academy where Nightwolf was helping Kung Lao on training a new generation of Shaolin Monks.

Nightwolf having done his duties at the academy was preparing to return back to his village when he was approached by Kai. Nightwolf sensed that Kai was indeed troubled as he couldnt let go of the past. Together he and Kai travelled to North Eartern America, to Nightwolf's villlage, where Kai would begin his journey.

During his time as Nightwolf's village, Kai felt that there was something very peaceful and spiritual about the place.The simplicity of the the lives of the people and their devotion to excel in whatever they pursued reminded Kai of his distant past. It was a reminiscent of his own childhood days filled with joy,cheer and happiness surrounded by his loving family and friends. This was the first time he felt happiness in years. Nightwolf taught him that finding inner peace is not a destination but a feeling that is cultivatated from cherished memories of the past and by confronting and accepting the bad ones.

One Night as Kai and Nightwolf sat before a fire, the Shaman enquired on Kai's past. Kai replied that he was once a member of a poweful tribe in Africa. During his childhood days, Shaolin Monks from the Wushi academy had travelled to his village offering them protection and aid and took a special interest in him and his abilities.

Kai, still only a child did not want to leave his family behind, but had to eventually after his father insisted. At the Academy he met Liu Kang and Kung Lao and the three formed a friendship bordering that of brotherhood. The Abbot had noticed strong untapped Chi in Kai and realised that he is a decesdant of the legendary african tribal warriors known as the 'Vegter Ke Leeu' who could tap into the spirits of the lion for unmatched strength in combat. The Monks helped Kai to channel his inner with the use of the fire element, which Kai had perfected in no time.

Kai trained hard to be the best of the Shaolin monks, rivalled only by Liu Kang as he reached adolescence. Word had reached the academy that a tarkatan horde had arrived at Kai's village at the instruction of Shang Tsung. Kai against the wishes of the monks travelled back to his village as fast as he could and confronted the tarkata and helped his people fight. Kai fought well but was knocked down unconcious early on. As awoke he saw the bodies of his family and friends slaughtered and his village destroyed. Kai becomes deeply enraged and saddened and held himself responsible for his inability to protect his family. He felt that the peaceful ways of the monks had limited his combat abilities greatly. He then joined the Nepali Army willing to give up his life as an honourable warrior which his father always wanted him to be. Kai's anger, guilt and hatred caught upto to him during his service at the army and he became a ruthless soldier killing all his enemies with extreme hatred seeing them as tarkatans in his dillusioned mind. He also mastered the use of the 'Gurkha Knife' which all Nepali soldiers carried. He was eventually expelled from the army due to his ruthless behaviour and bad conduct.

Raiden had then approached Kai asked him to join the White Lotus Society which would help him discipline himself and control his emotions. Kai had helped the society in combating the outworld threats and finally was able to reconcile with his emotions.However his past clinged onto to him and continued troubling him. He left the society to hone his skills better and trained under numerous masters, before he retreated to the Himalayas to meditate and find inner peace. It was here, Raiden found the monk and asked for his assistance in defeating Shinnok.

Nightwolf on hearing his story asked him whether he still felt responsible for his parents' and friends' death. Kai replied that his anger had always outweighed his guilt. Nightwolf on hearing this told him,"Come, we shall begin your cleansing, you have learnt to bury your guilt with anger, I will teach you to confront it and face the truth."

Nightwolf introduced Kai to the spirit world and told him that every being on earth has a spirit guide and Kai must find his own guide during the course of his training. Nightwolf helped Kai tap into his Chi and bring out the raw power of the Lion spirits which Kai's ancestors were associated with. Kai harnessed this new found power and trained hard. The Lion Spirit fueled each of Kai's attack with immense power and a golden lion's silhouette started appreaing around him as he fought. He earned himself the name 'Tladatsi' by the people of the village which meant 'humble lion'.

Last edited:
Nightwolf took Kai to the spirit world during their routine meditations. The spirit world was an existence between realms from which shamanic power originates and was a dwelling for millions of free souls who passed the judgement of the Eldar Gods. There Kai found the spirits of his parents and interacted with them. They were proud of the deeds of their son who helped saved Earthrealm from peril. They reassured him that their death wasn't his fault and that he should accept it as their fate. For the first time in his life, Kai felt releaved of the guilt and anger he burdened. He no longer felt responsible for his parents death and finally found inner peace and stillness of his mind.

With his cleansing done, Kai asked Nightwolf on the purpose of the Lightning Staff given to him by Raiden. Nightwolf replied that in order to be able to use it, he must first master the fusion of his Chi, Lion Spirit and his fire powers and seek eternal knowledge and enlighten. Only a being with eternal wisdom could tap into the powers of the staff. Nightwolf and the elders of the village blessed Kai's headband with sacred shamanic powers to aid him in his meditation. They also drew a tattoo of a lion, the symbol of Kai's ancestors oh his back and bound Kai's Lion Spirit guide within it so that it will be forever with him, aiding him when he requires its help.

Kai thanked the Shaman and departed to Edenia to master the fusion required to control the staff. He was given a Hero's welcome by King Jerrod (as Ermac) and Queen Sindel and asked for his assistance in helping Jade locate the Edenian traitors Rain and Tanya.

But just before he could accept, the Spirit of Nightwolf flashed before him and he realised that he should not deviate from his path. He respectfully declined the offer and travelled far into the Hyperon Peaks of Edenia. There he built a small shelter for himself and began his meditation and training.

Seven years had passed since Kai had arrived in Edenia. He had made good progress in his fusion training. The power of the Lion Spirit and deep meditation opened Kai's mind and he became pschyically linked to the 'One Being'. He started seeing the One being's dreams from which all of reality was formed. Kai allowed his mind to wander the realms in search for Eternal knowledge. He witness the creation of life by the Eldar God's, the rise and fall of Shao Kahn and Shinnok, Liu Kang emerging as Champion once again. However when Kai attempted to look into the future he saw only one vision which troubled him greatly. He saw the rivers of Earthrealm and Edenia flowing with blood instead of water. An abandoned boat lay at the shore infront of him, like it was meant for him to use it. The skies had turned dark orange enveloping the entire realm as well. Though it was a beautiful sight, Kai sensed that there was something diabolic about it. He then saw a baby floating away in a river of blood in a cradle. He then found himself on a large stretch of Land and saw a man at a distance facing his back at him. The man was short, about 5 feet 4 inches and had spiked up hair. As the man turned and looked at him, the orange tinted skies and surroundings suddenly turned pitch black and a hellish scream of a lady rang through his ears as Kai awoke from his meditation deeply disturbed by what he had seen. Though he couldnt decipher what it meant, he knew that it was an event in the future and it is something much more sinister than Armageddon which Raiden had predicted with his amulet.

Kai tried travelling his mind again but always saw the short spiked hair man at the end and felt as though the man knew Kai was watching him. Each time he travelled, his heart got filled with such diabolic fear which he never sensed before. He travelled back to Earthrealm and confronted Fujin about his visions. Fujin and Kai informed Raiden about this. Raiden held a council his his fellow Eldar Gods.The Eldar Gods however did not reveal much to Raiden on the fear of him altering what is deemed to happen and only revealed that it was a long fogotten prophecy, something only the oldest of all Elder gods knew. Raiden though being an Elder God was still concerned for the safety of Earthrealm and asked Kai to travel to Seido and meditate harder to find the true meaning of his visions. Kai then departed for the realm, determined to decipher his visions.

Inspired picture: One of Kai's future visions added by Mel.

work40694251flat550x550075fbloody-river.jpg

Inspired Music: Kai's Journey.

Chapter 2: To be continued.....

Last edited:
OMG... I haven't even finished my artwork and I am inspired to do another!! This is amazing!! =D
Hope you do a MK12! :)

OMG... I haven't even finished my artwork and I am inspired to do another!! This is amazing!! =D
Hope you do a MK12! :)
Thanks a lot mate! Do take your time on the Lucifer artwork, I wont be rushing this story like before and will be updating it really slow and I plan to finish it most probably in a couple of months. Also I plan to do till Mk 14, but I dont know how far it will go, so lets see =D. Still excited for your preview !!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot mate! Do take your time on the Lucifer artwork, I wont me rushing this story like before and will be updating it really slow and I plan to finish it most probably in a couple of months. Also I plan to do till Mk 14, but I dont know how far it will go, so lets see =D. Still excited for your preview !!! Keep up the good work!
Thanks :) My scanner will be fixed in the week so not long until the preview will be up!! :) Shinnok is annoying me though with his stupid hat or whatever it is he has on his head. I really dunno what it is :p

Thanks :) My scanner will be fixed in the week so not long until the preview will be up!! :) Shinnok is annoying me though with his stupid hat or whatever it is he has on his head. I really dunno what it is :p
No problem=D. I think tht red thing on his head is part of his head itself lol. Ill try to find some close ups of it for u and link it up.=D

wow yet again you managed to start a wonderful story. I'm loving the start of mk11 and can't wait to read more of it. The pictures of your story seem to be flowing in my mind. Sadly I'm not a good artist as MKDaz. But I shall try to find pictures to add to this thread to help you out with the story. =D hopefully you'll have more of this lovely story for us next week as well.

I hope you like this picture that i have uploaded.

work40694251flat550x550075fbloody-river.jpg

Dang man, you have some true talent. I could write an MK story, but it would be full of holes and boring stuff. I envy you in this department. Great Job!

:O wat happened 2 kitana!!?? she & liu kang have 2 get married soon right?
At the end of MK10, Kitana resumes her position as princess of Edenia. She accepts Mileena as her sister and helps her in ruling outworld (Mileena becomes good btw=D).
And that idea is quite good, I might as well include it in the future stories :p. Thank you =D

At the end of MK10, Kitana resumes her position as princess of Edenia. She accepts Mileena as her sister and helps her in ruling outworld (Mileena becomes good btw=D).
And that idea is quite good, I might as well include it in the future stories :p. Thank you =D

yaaay!! lol i think MK14 or 15 could be about liu kang & kitana's son :eek:

Yup =D, another wonderful idea! Hmmm what should we name him though? Do let me know your suggestions=D. Ill most probably incoporate him in MK15. :p

hmmmm something edenian. soo like Ares (like the roman/greek god of war) or liu kang jr. lol hmmmm i'll think of some names XD

hmmmm something edenian. soo like Ares (like the roman/greek god of war) or liu kang jr. lol hmmmm i'll think of some names XD
Ares is a good name, but its so common :(. We need to give him something unique and memorable. Do take your time and let me know when you got some names. =D Thank You for the ideas once again.

how about Atillio, the future heir to Edenia, son of King Liu Kang & Queen Kitana ;)

if it's a girl, it could be something like Antonette

This is a great start bro.

Thank you for using part of my story too :)

Story lovers unite!

Can't wait for more!

how about Atillio, the future heir to Edenia, son of King Liu Kang & Queen Kitana ;)

if it's a girl, it could be something like Antonette

Those are great names! Do keep more coming, Ill think of some too.=D

This is a great start bro.

Thank you for using part of my story too :)

Story lovers unite!

Can't wait for more!

Thank you bro!! I may need your help later on for some ideas. Ill let you know. =D

Once again, great start to a probably wonderful story. Do you plan on adding the reptile Good to bad I suggested?

Once again, great start to a probably wonderful story. Do you plan on adding the reptile Good to bad I suggested?

Thank you for your feedback =D. Yes, I liked your idea and I will most probably try out your suggestion and see how it goes. But Reptile may have to be eventually tricked into joined bad or something because he is role is critical for the rise of Onaga....or maybe we could change that this time round :p. Wow! you just help me think out some snazzy ideas! Thanks a lot mate!!