Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: mk9 dlc female candidate (no spoiler)

Off the top of my head:

For MK characters:
Li Mei, Frost, Sareena.

For non-MK characters:
The Boss- MGS3 (I know she doesn't fit but meh)
Rayne
Rachel (Ninja Gaiden)
Ayane (Ninja Gaiden Form not DOA form)

I doubt Team Ninja would ever let one of their females in a MK game. :p
I think Rayne fits though.

Jason Voorhees in MK9?

Now, hear me out on this, I think that Jason would make a good MK character. I'm surprised the developers hadn't even consider this yet. He's violent and brutal, plus he'd make for some great fatalities. The developers wouldn't even have to come up with their own fatalities for him. There's plenty of great kills from the Friday the 13th movies they could use. Such as:
- The one where Jason jabs a screwdriver in their neck like in the remake
- The sleeping bag murder in Part 7
- The multiple bed-stab in Freddy vs. Jason
- Harpoon in the eye from Part 3
- Hacksaw Neck-Twist from Part 4
- 180 Neck-Snap also from Freddy vs. Jason
- Head Crush from Part 3
Also, making special moves for Jason wouldn't be hard, just but in some of his classic moves from the movies.
- Axe Throw, from the remake
- Harpoon, from Part 3
- Bear-trap, from the remake
Now, I know this sounds ridiculous and probably will never happened. He'll probably never be released as dlc or be an xbox exclusive. But it makes just about as much sense as having Kratos in an MK game. I've seen a few threads about potential MK9 guest characters, but I just wanted to do one that was unique. I'm actually surprised that this thread already hasn't been created yet. So let me know what you think.

Re: Jason Voorhees in MK9?

Jason is too slow to be in a fighting game. He couldn't be an xbox exclusive either because he's not even a 360 icon.

HAHAHA Man this is funny.Im just gonna give this thread an awesome rating.Jason vs Scorpion shows us what happened when Jason went to Hell.

At least he didnt recommend the undertaker like one poster unfortunately did( i got served an infraction for making fun of him). not a bad idea for jason though... he's a little too iconic to throw into an already iconic franchise. i dont see them putting in any sort of non-video game based characters

Nah, he doesn't really fit.

Kratos fits because the designers of GOW had MK in mind when designing Kratos.

It would be sick to have jason in a fighting game.Im really hoping for a predator for dlc it would be easy for them to take his moves from the movies and he could skin them and then rip out their spine for a fatality.He could have moves like shoulder cannon shot,net,those wicked disc things he throws,invisibility,and some kind of spear move.I think he would be great dlc any thoughts?

Last edited:

I like me some Jason and Friday the 13th movies, but no. He would be a fun addition, but I just don't see it happening, and it wouldn't make any sense, in any sort of way. So no thanks.

I like Jason and the Friday the 13th movie series. Honestly I just don't see him fitting into the Mortal Kombat world.

Last edited:

Even if I am a big fan of Jason Voorhees as you can see it would not fit in the MK universe but i totally agree on fatality part!!! He would have a plenty of ways to perform awesone and gruesome fatalities!!!

No. If you're going for horror movie guys, Pinhead works about ten times better than Jason. Still really wouldn't want him in either.