Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: DLC Character Ideas ~ Do not make anymore threads!

NARIKO!! <3

nariko-with-heavenly-swords-big.jpg

Re: Carnage and Venom

Doubtful; Wesker is owned by Capcom, who wouldn't give their biggest rival Fighting Game a guest out of one of their games.

Oh of course. I should have clarified myself better, I don't expect to see Wesker as a DLC but if we must have another guest character, he's who I'd like to see. Anyways I just hope we get the bosses or at least Kahn as a playable character. After that, all other DLC for me is just gravy.

And I'm pretty sure Boon doesn't want another T rated game.

Who's to say it couldn't be M if the characters chosen would be M material. Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman just aren't M-worthy. And Batman has issues killing people...

But Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Venom and Carnage show absolutely no mercy decapitating or ripping someone's spine. If they're evil anyway but there are no innocents in MK to begin with. I'd add Blackheart to make it equal 6 though Venom and Carnage are the only ones I really care about. Morbius/Dracula, Kraven, Blade and Lizard can also be pretty nasty.

Now that we talk about guests I guess a proper Spawn (Soul Calibur 2 one was awful) would be interesting as well as Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (He's in Dead or Alive but tame)
Having old MK characters return sounds good but I don't really see why we should get original ones. They can end up being absolutely anything and often don't appeal to too big crowds. Like said if it's DLC you can ignore it.

You know who would be a cool, brand new character?

An Alladin esque dude who controls Sand. His teleport could be falling into quicksand, grabbing his opponents legs from underground, and then tripping them.

An Alladin esque dude who controls Sand. His teleport could be falling into quicksand, grabbing his opponents legs from underground, and then tripping them.

I'm not sure I'd want some Aladdin looking dude running around Shang Tsung's Throne Room, haha, but a desert-style rouge could be fun. He could create a sand storm, blinding/stunning his opponent. He could rock a wicked-looking scimitar, not a full-blown Kenshi-style swordsman, but he could throw some sword attacks around. Give him a slide move where he crosses the screen on his side, kicks the opponent in the gut and tosses them backward. Make him quick and deadly. A guerrilla-style fighter. A true rouge. I think it could be pretty cool.

I think we need a white ninja, or a new god, only he's neutral or evil. Shinnok shouldn't be the only evil deity in MK, and we've never had a neutral god. I don't want another good god, we already have Raiden and Fujin for that.

Somebody suggested Ashrah should be revamped as an angel/spirit working its way up to godhood. I'd love to see this happen, as Ashrah's current story isn't going to gain much traction, IMO.

I'd love to see a cybernetic sub-boss (a creation of Sektor after he became Grand Master of the Lin Kuei) comparable to that of Goro, Kintaro and Motaro. Hell, a demonic cyborg sub-boss wouldn't be bad, either. I liked the idea of Noob building an army of cyber demons programmed to serve him, but that story didn't really get far because of Armageddon of course, so I think they should explore a bit more in future installments.

I'm not sure I'd want some Aladdin looking dude running around Shang Tsung's Throne Room, haha, but a desert-style rouge could be fun. He could create a sand storm, blinding/stunning his opponent. He could rock a wicked-looking scimitar, not a full-blown Kenshi-style swordsman, but he could throw some sword attacks around. Give him a slide move where he crosses the screen on his side, kicks the opponent in the gut and tosses them backward. Make him quick and deadly. A guerrilla-style fighter. A true rouge. I think it could be pretty cool.

Hmm, I was thinking more of a Brown Ninja, since Tremor is so hated by NRS. A sort of Guerrilla rogue dude (Neutral?) would be awesome.

I really and seriously thought that this game was the perfect game for them to show the fans the mysterious ninja known as "Tremor". They have shown us Skarlet, a glitch that is now reality, but what about Tremor, the Earth based ninja. I always thought it would be cool if they FINALLY brought him in. I do not think it will be him because they are already giving us rain and if so, I hope the 4th DLC character is Shinnok or someone popular...I would really hate to see them ruin the great string of DLC put in so far by adding someone from MK:DA, MK:D, or MK:A...cuz those characters need to stay there...they suckd..cept Bo' Rai Cho he was ok...even tho he is more silly then bloody...not really a serious MK pick, but Tremor all the way is my wish.

I think we need a white ninja, or a new god, only he's neutral or evil. Shinnok shouldn't be the only evil deity in MK, and we've never had a neutral god. I don't want another good god, we already have Raiden and Fujin for that.

Somebody suggested Ashrah should be revamped as an angel/spirit working its way up to godhood. I'd love to see this happen, as Ashrah's current story isn't going to gain much traction, IMO.

I'd love to see a cybernetic sub-boss (a creation of Sektor after he became Grand Master of the Lin Kuei) comparable to that of Goro, Kintaro and Motaro. Hell, a demonic cyborg sub-boss wouldn't be bad, either. I liked the idea of Noob building an army of cyber demons programmed to serve him, but that story didn't really get far because of Armageddon of course, so I think they should explore a bit more in future installments.

Well, Baraka is considered a ninja in the challenge tower when the challenge says something like "Defeat the 3 ninjas" and they are Scorpion, Reptile and Baraka.
He was never considered a ninja before, but he does look like one and is a white garbed one, imagine him with a hood and/or a mask, yh he will definetly look like a ninja.

Well, Baraka is considered a ninja in the challenge tower when the challenge says something like "Defeat the 3 ninjas" and they are Scorpion, Reptile and Baraka.
He was never considered a ninja before, but he does look like one and is a white garbed one, imagine him with a hood and/or a mask, yh he will definetly look like a ninja.
LOL...how in the world does Baraka look like a ninja even with a mask?

Are you replying to me?

Sorry I don't really want that vaguely explained unfamiliar character. It could end up good but I rather don't take the chances when I "can" have something tried and true.

LOL...how in the world does Baraka look like a ninja even with a mask?

Maybe because of the ninja garbs... Looks more ninjish than ermac to me.

Though thats what the chall tower says, also I always though baraka looked ninjish.

how about a new female character?

How about instead of a new Female character we can get Tanya!

No Id rather we keep the DLC characters strictly MK or new characters that belong to the MK universe.

Also I would really like to see some new stages

No Id rather we keep the DLC characters strictly MK or new characters that belong to the MK universe.

this times 1 million. why all of a sudden does everybody think mortal kombat is now guest kharacter kombat. i have NEVER seen so many fans from a different franchise(not mortal kombat) wanting to see characters from different franchises as guest characters. are the mortal kombat created characters not good enough or have all the fanboys from these other games and marvel fanboys really taken over mortal kombat?

Bono. But only as a practice dummy and fatality trainer dummy. I hate that man and would love to just bash his face in over and over and over and over again.

how about a new female character?

The Sand person I said above would work as a girl, though honestly, I'm not too impressed with the handleing of the women in this game.

Are you replying to me?

Sorry I don't really want that vaguely explained unfamiliar character. It could end up good but I rather don't take the chances when I "can" have something tried and true.

It was more of a general thread thing instead of a reply to any one person. Also, I would like to point out that EVERY post MK3 character is going to be "taking a chance", since nobody likes them at all.