Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: UnMasked Tundra Kostume for DLC

Whether you like it nor not, DA and Armageddon are part of the series. I have yet to see any evidence denies Cyrax using Ninjitsu.

Cyrax is a Motswana warrior, from a Chinese clan. None of that has anything to do with Ninjutsu. Just because he had it in a couple shitty MK games doesn't mean he specializes in it. Actually, the "Ninjutsu" he had in those games wasn't even proper Ninjutsu, they just called it that because it's a name people recognize. Stop trolling.

Fighting styles doesnt mean anything.

Sub-Zero has Shotokan as his fighting style in MKA, and shotokan is a Karate version, it has far far chinese roots but it "grown" in Japan, and is considered a Japanse martial art, and we all knows Sub-Zero is Chinese.

Exactly.

lol, when did they ever say he was Chinese American?
Don't know exactly where they said it, but from his page on the MK Wiki, it said that the Sub-Zero's father, who was Chinese, married an American woman and had two sons (Bi-Han and Kuai Liang) and a daughter while living in America. The father was a member of the Lin Kuei, and against the mother's will, took the two Sub-Zeros to China in order to start their training to become Lin Kuei assassins. The mother and daughter stayed in America. This was of course retconned by Sub-Zero's MK9 vignette, stating that the two brothers were kidnapped as children by the Lin Kuei.

I was always under the impressions ninja's never fought. they killed you through stealthy ways like poisoning your food, and sneaking into your house a night and killing you in your sleep.

Don't know exactly where they said it, but from his page on the MK Wiki, it said that the Sub-Zero's father, who was Chinese, married an American woman and had two sons (Bi-Han and Kuai Liang) and a daughter while living in America. The father was a member of the Lin Kuei, and against the mother's will, took the two Sub-Zeros to China in order to start their training to become Lin Kuei assassins. The mother and daughter stayed in America. This was of course retconned by Sub-Zero's MK9 vignette, stating that the two brothers were kidnapped as children by the Lin Kuei.

Really? I'll have to go look that up. Never heard that before.

Can a wiki page be trusted, though? lol

Re: Your Top 3 Costume DLC Wishlist

1st. Human Reptile!!!! PLEASE!
2nd. Sub Zero (still undecided on unmasked)
3rd. Cyber Smoke!!!

Really? I'll have to go look that up. Never heard that before.

Can a wiki page be trusted, though? lol

Never 100% fully but most people who update that stuff do their research and provide source links ect. Usually incorrect information is called out by someone eventually and fixed.

Although teachers tell you you can't use wiki stuff as a source of information.. Wiki has a list of sources at the bottom of the screen where all that information was gathered from in the first place. and I want to say my experience is like 99% error free reading.

i believe this, i've been told this story and have heard it through the videos also, it also is one of the stories of mk mythology that makes sense

Fighting styles doesnt mean anything.

Sub-Zero has Shotokan as his fighting style in MKA, and shotokan is a Karate version, it has far far chinese roots but it "grown" in Japan, and is considered a Japanse martial art, and we all knows Sub-Zero is Chinese.

I don't see how that has do with anything. Martial arts are not limited to the country of origin. Shotokan karate is one of the more well-known forms of karate and has spread all over the world. To say Sub-Zero can't practice karate because he is Chinese is beyond ludicrous.

Cyrax is a Motswana warrior, from a Chinese clan. None of that has anything to do with Ninjutsu. Just because he had it in a couple shitty MK games doesn't mean he specializes in it. Actually, the "Ninjutsu" he had in those games wasn't even proper Ninjutsu, they just called it that because it's a name people recognize. Stop trolling.

No video game has proper Ninjitsu. Heck, most martial arts are not authentically depicted.

Last edited:

I don't see how that has do with anything. Martial arts are not limited to the country of origin. Shotokan karate is one of the more well-known forms of karate and has spread all over the world. To say Sub-Zero can't practice karate because he is Chinese is beyond ludicrous.

Saying that a not ninja person (in this case Cyrax) cant practice ninjitsu is beyond ludicrous too =)

I never said Cyrax can't practice ninjitsu.

Ok someone said it i dont know lol

Anyway you missunderstood what I said. I said that the fighting styles dont determinate what you are, SZ using shotokan (japanese ma) doesnt imply that he is japanese, when he is chinese, thats what I meant.

As same as cyrax is not a ninja for practicing ninjitsu.

Any costume that isnt classic (MK1 to MK3), is time for new things.

Ok someone said it i dont know lol

Anyway you missunderstood what I said. I said that the fighting styles dont determinate what you are, SZ using shotokan (japanese ma) doesnt imply that he is japanese, when he is chinese, thats what I meant.

As same as cyrax is not a ninja for practicing ninjitsu.

I also never implied that Sub-Zero is Japanese.

1. Human Scorpion without hood or mask (Like the look frm the new series with beard & long hair)
2. Demonic looking Cyborg Smoke (Red eyes & Metal Hanya type mask)
3. UMK3 Ninjas